Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
Abraham didn't live under the gospel of Christ DB. You keep making that claim but you can't support it from the Bible. Prove that he did or retract this false claim.

dberrie---Galatians3:7-9--"Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham."

What gospel was this? If it were not the gospel of Christ--was it the gospel at all?

Why did it involve faith? What gospel involves faith being counted as righteousness:

Genesis15:6--"And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness."

Galatians3:18-19--"For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator."

Could you explain for us what the Mosaic law was added to because of transgressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
Abraham knew ahead of time that a Savior would come through his line.
And how does that address the concern of Abraham being taught the gospel, or him living under that gospel?

When are you going to give me proof that Abraham lived under the gospel of Christ?
What other gospel would have resulted in this:

Genesis15:6--"And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness."

Where is Baptism for the remission of sin? Where is laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost? Where are any of the ordinances? DB either prove your ridiculous claim or retract it.
Genesis26:4-5--"And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

Could you explain under what gospel those are adopted as being the seed of Abraham, and heirs according to the promise?