Thread: Evolution does not stand up to biblical scrutiny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

It became clear to me while talking with my friends after our ORIGINS cl*** (taught by Ken Ham personally) that there were a lot of the students who also shared my gut-feeling that what were were learning in the cl*** was simply not right....

It simply just did not agree with the Text.

The cl*** that Ken taught simply did not present the Bible as written, but rather seemed to rely on a lot of anti-evolution arguments and actually there were very few times when the Bible was refereed to.

We students got into dealing with the subject of the "Light" in our conversation, and there was a lot of interest in how I could say that the sun and stars were the first things the Bible listed as being created first, and yet the Bible also saying the earth was in "darkness"?

I remember a lot of the things we talked about, here now is a short bit of that conversation as I think back...

Question - "But Alan, if you say the Sun was already made, why then does it say the earth was in darkness?"
    Alan - "The "darkness " and the reason for it is talked about in *** 38. The reason is said to be that God wrapped the early Earth in a thick wrapping of clouds."

Q - "But where did the clouds come from?"
    A - "That is talked about in Genesis 2, where it says that a "mist" came up from underground and watered the whole earth...By the way this also agrees with how science tells us the water we see got here."

Q - "But Genesis 2 comes after Genesis 1 right?"
    A- "Well it actually is describing events that happen very early in earths history."

Q - "But the Text says the earth was "without form and void"...so how can you say the earth was so completed?"
    A - "The phrase "without form" is dealing with the same thing you find when you are standing on a country road and it's very foggy out. You can hear a truck approaching you but you cant see it. You know the truck is real, you know its getting closer to you, but you cant see it yet. It is just as real as it can be, yet from your point of view it is "without form". The word "void" is simply talking about there not being any people yet."

What I was showing my friends after Ken Ham's ORIGINS cl***, is that there are no real arguments found in the Genesis text that stand against science nor against the teachings of evolution.

The Text we have describes the same points in early Earth's history that science has been telling us about, and there really is no need to have a 'cow' just because science and the Bible might use different words to describe the very same events!

Now , the big point in what had said to my friend back then after our cl***,is the same point I make here on this forum.
    My point is that if you stick close to the written words foundin Genesis you dont run into any problems with the science of evolution.

We next got into a long conversation about the words "Day"....and ..."kinds"....as well as dealing with the whole issue of how life originates in the bible compared to evolution.

We shall begin to talk about all that next time..

stay tuned!
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-18-2016 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    stay tuned!
    It's all here, nothing more needed, lest the Lord leads. But He has called us to be "perfect", insisting on complicating the corrections listed here amounts to leading the people astray, and that is evil. Buyer Beware!

“Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching.” (John 14:24) - Jesus