Thread: Why to NOT take Genesis literally.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]Neither do we find anti arguments against man being hatched from a duck egg.
    thats my point...

For so long I have heard from the Young Earthers that the teachings of Evolution are "against' what the Bible says..
    But the truth is, there is nothing in Genesis that actually stands 'against' evolution at all.

So this means there is no reason for some of my brothers to get all crazy and do name-calling against people like myself who have come to see that the proof behind evolution is sufficient and that there is squat in the bible against it..

So we dont see any problem with evolution at all.

The Bible does not teach "against" the evolution of life including man.

What the Bible does teach, is that man came forth from the earth.
    We see this teaching over and over in the Bible.

This same teaching is also at the heart of evolution.

So while evolution itself is not talked about in the Bible what we do find talked about is a story that walks with evolution.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-03-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    thats my point...

For so long I have heard from the Young Earthers that the teachings of Evolution are "against' what the Bible says..
    But the truth is, there is nothing in Genesis that actually stands 'against' evolution at all.

So this means there is no reason for some of my brothers to get all crazy and do name-calling against people like myself who have come to see that the proof behind evolution is sufficient and that there is squat in the bible against it..

So while evolution itself is not talked about in the Bible what we do find talked about is a story that walks with evolution.
    So Alan I ask again, show one verse in the Bible that would cause a person to come to the conclusion that man evolved from an ape.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness". 2Tim 3:16

Those who would learn the things of God, and be ***ured of them, must know the Holy Scriptures, for they are the Divine revelation. What Darwin wrote was not divine revelation. The Bible is profitable for all purposes of the Christian life. It is of use to all, for all need to be taught, corrected, and reproved. There is something in the Scriptures suitable for every case including Creation, God did not need The Origin of Species to explain Genesis.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    So Alan I ask again, show one verse in the Bible that would cause a person to come to the conclusion that man evolved from an ape.

If you drop back and read post number #146 you will see my answer to your request.

Its why so many times this topic never is allowed to go anywhere except round and round.

I try my best to tell people that "The Bible does not "teach" evolution, rather it has no anti-evolution arguments within it's text."

Yet it's like Im talking to a blank wall for the first question I always seem to get is "Show me where the Bible teaches evolution"?

I just dont know how else to say it...my skills at posting are at their limit Im afraid. I dont know how else to say what it is I see and do not see taught in the bible !

All I can say is what I have already said, many, many, many times before.
    That is?....

That is the following,

In the Bible we learn that all life is from the earth

In the Bible we learn that huimans are from this earth

In the Bible we learn that animals and humans share a common starting point.

In the Bible we learn that the common starting point of all life is this earth.

And in Evolution we learn that this is all also true as well.

and...
    In the Bible we don't read any words that stand against evolution, nor do we see any anti-evolutional arguments made.

So the conclusion is this:
    That both Evolution and Genesis are able to walk hand-in-hand with the other without issue.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    If you drop back and read post number #146 you will see my answer to your request.

Its why so many times this topic never is allowed to go anywhere except round and round.

I try my best to tell people that "The Bible does not "teach" evolution, rather it has no anti-evolution arguments within it's text."

Yet it's like Im talking to a blank wall for the first question I always seem to get is "Show me where the Bible teaches evolution"?

I just dont know how else to say it...my skills at posting are at their limit Im afraid. I dont know how else to say what it is I see and do not see taught in the bible !

All I can say is what I have already said, many, many, many times before.
    That is?....

That is the following,

In the Bible we learn that all life is from the earth

In the Bible we learn that huimans are from this earth

In the Bible we learn that animals and humans share a common starting point.

In the Bible we learn that the common starting point of all life is this earth.

And in Evolution we learn that this is all also true as well.

and...
    In the Bible we don't read any words that stand against evolution, nor do we see any anti-evolutional arguments made.

So the conclusion is this:
    That both Evolution and Genesis are able to walk hand-in-hand with the other without issue.
    So if you read my post above and yet still think you are going to post the same question about "Alan show me where the Bible says we evolved from apes?" you can just save both out times and repeat my answer above to that question.

and if you feel compelled to keep asking that same question over and over, then please also feel free to post my answer in response to that same question as many times as well...

alanmolstad