Thread: Need a car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sayso

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Wow. That was our potential predicament about two months ago. Then the *** opening actually came through (we did our part, moved 1200 miles spent our last dime doing so and they kept coming up with delays or whoops to jump through... but as I said, I got the ***... now this... oy... )...

Thanks you for your prayers.

We are not out of the woods yet, but the prayers are helping!

God bless!
    We moved to from Iowa to Oklahoma City. Mark got a *** three days after we got there, but we only had $150. when we left Iowa. When we got there we had about $11 left.

The interesting thing was that God actually used unbelievers to provide for us and make a way. We learned that no matter what God does take care of you and it doesn't kill you to not have any stuff.

The surprising thing is that my son (age 37) told me a few months ago that he has fond memories of those years (about 4). He said that at times he thinks he would rather live in a travel trailer than be in debt the way he is now. What he remembers is that we were happy. He said that we (his parents) taught him that no matter what happens it will be alright.

I think what he learned is that heart felt peace and contentment doesn't come from money or the things it can buy.

johnd

Default Renewed request for prayer

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    We moved to from Iowa to Oklahoma City. Mark got a *** three days after we got there, but we only had $150. when we left Iowa. When we got there we had about $11 left.

The interesting thing was that God actually used unbelievers to provide for us and make a way. We learned that no matter what God does take care of you and it doesn't kill you to not have any stuff.

The surprising thing is that my son (age 37) told me a few months ago that he has fond memories of those years (about 4). He said that at times he thinks he would rather live in a travel trailer than be in debt the way he is now. What he remembers is that we were happy. He said that we (his parents) taught him that no matter what happens it will be alright.

I think what he learned is that heart felt peace and contentment doesn't come from money or the things it can buy.
    Very true.

But I must also add going into my third year without medical insurance or a permanent ***... hiring freeze at my career path... at least I have a ***...

still, it's disheartening that the VA and free clinics consider my making just above the cut off amount for services reason enough to turn us away...

My wife has medical issues that really concern us. Now it's pay the doctors out of pocket or pay December's rent.

Please please pray for my wife's healing!!!

johnd

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Very true.

But I must also add going into my third year without medical insurance or a permanent ***... hiring freeze at my career path... at least I have a ***...

still, it's disheartening that the VA and free clinics consider my making just above the cut off amount for services reason enough to turn us away...

My wife has medical issues that really concern us. Now it's pay the doctors out of pocket or pay December's rent.

Please please pray for my wife's healing!!!
    I neglected to give a praise report for this...

Thank you for your prayers, btw. My wife is doing well. We have been unable to afford doctors (just to make sure all is well) and we make just above the cut off money for clinics or VA. {sigh} Bushonomics and Obamanomics and millions of people like us just fall through the cracks set by bureaucrats. Still we are thankful for my *** and even more thankful my wife is doing well.

Praise God.
    Last edited by johnd; 10-05-2010 at 12:33 AM.