Thread: Why we take it literally.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    The Genesis story is religious.....it just happens to agree with the scientific...LOL

Genesis and science talk about the same time in earth's early history.
    They speak to us from different points of view, but they talk about the same moments.
    They say different things in different ways , but they are always walking in agreement.
    To a point but the female of the specie was not carved out of man's rib. Where do you see that in science. ?

The " same moments?" six days is the same as 14 billion years?

Get real, I thought you were smart..

And yes, as a life long Christian ; God created the heavens and the Earth through totally natural processes.
    Processess which include the EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS IN BIOLOGY.
    you need to study more and read a lot more than you have been ..

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    To a point but the female of the specie was not carved out of man's rib. Where do you see that in science. ?

are you saying that no amount of science will ever in even the next billion years ever understand how you can take a few cells from a person, and manipulate them in such a manner as to produce independent life?

Christodoulos

are you saying that no amount of science will ever in even the next billion years ever understand how you can take a few cells from a person, and manipulate them in such a manner as to produce independent life?
    As an after thought? NO!

how was man made to reproduce . or was he?

If not ,then was he created with cojones or not? If so, for what purpose?

Did Eve come first and then the cojones?

Or were their two dissections.

You can't bluff your way through this.

Hey, I want to ask you .. how do I put someone on a IGNORE MESSAGING ?

Can you instruct.. there's this **** bugging me ..

alanmolstad

As an after thought? NO!

how was man made to reproduce . or was he?

If not ,then was he created with cojones or not? If so, for what purpose?

Did Eve come first and then the cojones?

Or were their two dissections.

You can't bluff your way through this.

Hey, I want to ask you .. how do I put someone on a IGNORE MESSAGING ?

Can you instruct.. there's this **** bugging me ..
    The answer is found at Genesis 1:28
    From the get-go Adam was able to have kids....thus he was as much a male as any of us who came from him....

Christodoulos

The answer is found at Genesis 1:28
    From the get-go Adam was able to have kids....thus he was as much a male as any of us who came from him....
    from the get go there was no Eve.. How was he going to procreate? was he a self actualizing **** with a womb?

alanmolstad

from the get go there was no Eve.. How was he going to procreate? was he a self actualizing **** with a womb?
    again the verse answers your question....from the get-go they were able to have kids.
    There is a strong hint in the story that Adam suffered the loss of a rib, but I see nothing in the text to suggest that anything else was taken or added during this time.

So if anyone were to suggest that Adam was not created a normal "male" they would need to support this with Scripture....as there is none to support that idea, it fails.

the Bible does tell us clearly that the first "man" was Adam.
    This is a good text-proof to support the idea that Adam was just created a normal male as are the children who stem from his loins.

Christodoulos

again the verse answers your question....from the get-go they were able to have kids.
    There is a strong hint in the story that Adam suffered the loss of a rib, but I see nothing in the text to suggest that anything else was taken or added during this time.

So if anyone were to suggest that Adam was not created a normal "male" they would need to support this with Scripture....as there is none to support that idea, it fails.

the Bible does tell us clearly that the first "man" was Adam.
    This is a good text-proof to support the idea that Adam was just created a normal male as are the children who stem from his loins.
    Eve was not part of the original plan.. Only after Adam became lonely and needed a help mate did the rib become Eve.

So ,how was Adam to procreate if Eve had not been necessary. ? Answer the question without any B.S.

alanmolstad

Eve was not part of the original plan.. Only after Adam became lonely and needed a help mate did the rib become Eve.

So ,how was Adam to procreate if Eve had not been necessary. ? Answer the question without any B.S.
    The answer is , was Adam told to have kids before Eve was introduced to him?......no.

before Adam or any man meets his wife we are not commanded to have children.
    before I met my wife, I was still a male....I still had all the bits I would need.
    So there is no support at all for the idea that Adam was any different than His future children.
    Once again, that idea "Fails"

Christodoulos

The answer is , was Adam told to have kids before Eve was introduced to him?......no.

before Adam or any man meets his wife we are not commanded to have children.
    before I met my wife, I was still a male....I still had all the bits I would need.
    So there is no support at all for the idea that Adam was any different than His future children.
    Once again, that idea "Fails"
    The idea does fail ,because the idea was allegorical from the get go. but good try!

alanmolstad

so there is nothing in the Genesis story that can not be taken very literal...

while it is true that we can find great hidden meanings in the events of the story, we also can find very real history too!

alanmolstad

The " same moments?" six days is the same as 14 billion years?

Actually, as we read in Genesis 2, the 14 billion years are spoken of as taking place on a single "day"

How long are creation days?...well as we read there are endings to the frst 6 days of the creation week...
    But what about the 7th day?...

The answer is that in all the the book of Genesis or in fact in all of the entire Bible there is no stated ending yet to the 7th day.

So if the 7th Day of Genesis has not ended yet, how long has it been going on so far?......
    The answer is that its hard to tell for sure in the Text.....but clearly we can see its been running so far for millions and millions of years just counting from the creation of mankind alone...