Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another CARM reject...

awediot

Smile Another CARM reject...

Hello all... After the recurring week on week off banishments of CARM, I looked back on the "infractions" and there was not a one I would have changed or worded any differently... It's come down to the more honest I am, the more probably I'll get in trouble for it, and that is enough... I finally told them to close my account... The explosive and hysterical fallout of this election was ridiculous... So, thanks to KOGSEEKER and sonofmysoul who invited me over, I'm glad to have the chance to meet you... (and remeet some familiar 'faces')...

I look forward to some edifying discussions and praise and the mutual search for the truth, which after all must come before anything else even starts to makes sense...

Kogseeker

(((Awediot))) Its certainly good to have ya. As a reject myself, i know exactly how ya feel. I think being banned for a month for speaking the truth is well, lets just say I've been sincerly praying for the leadership over there. People are going to always have their difference but as christians it should always be handled in a respectful manner. I'll be seeing ya around!!

bhuvana-mohan dasa

Quote Originally Posted by awediot View Post
    Hello all... After the recurring week on week off banishments of CARM, I looked back on the "infractions" and there was not a one I would have changed or worded any differently... It's come down to the more honest I am, the more probably I'll get in trouble for it, and that is enough... I finally told them to close my account... The explosive and hysterical fallout of this election was ridiculous... So, thanks to KOGSEEKER and sonofmysoul who invited me over, I'm glad to have the chance to meet you... (and remeet some familiar 'faces')...

I look forward to some edifying discussions and praise and the mutual search for the truth, which after all must come before anything else even starts to makes sense...
    Loving & welcoming you, awed......you are, even i admit, brutally honest- a characteristic that is rare, and one that i value in a friend.

ys,
    bmd.

GateKeeper

G'day, bro ...

Nice to have you with us, man. I hope this place proves to be more beneficial than not.

James

sunofmysoul

hello dish!
    whoo hooo!
    looking forward to many more challenging and enlightening discussions.
    love,
    your sis,
    soms (and that is sUnofmysoul bubs)

bhuvana-mohan dasa

Quote Originally Posted by sunofmysoul View Post
    soms (and that is sUnofmysoul bubs)
    Now, how's that for technicality to a fault?? (i taught 'er everything she knows )......

ys,
    bmd.

Kogseeker

Quote Originally Posted by bhuvana-mohan dasa View Post
    (i taught 'er everything she knows )......

ys,
    bmd.

And im next in line

Libby

Awe!! Welcome! Very nice to see you here!

bhuvana-mohan dasa

Quote Originally Posted by Kogseeker View Post
    And im next in line
    Who could ask more than that (??)

ys,
    bmd,

Welcome, Awe. Glad you found your way here. Feel free to be honest--all we ask is that everyone remain respectful.

Mary T

I guess I am a reject too.. i just got suspended by saying how i think peopel are unfair and so i got suspended. but i get tired of people dissing other people, and i knew i prolly would have to pay, buti had to say it.

I found you all by awediot

Kogseeker

Quote Originally Posted by Mary T View Post
    I guess I am a reject too.. i just got suspended by saying how i think peopel are unfair and so i got suspended. but i get tired of people dissing other people, and i knew i prolly would have to pay, buti had to say it.

I found you all by awediot
    Is this carmmary? If so, I was wondering how YOU got suspended. Seriously, I've never seen you post anything offensive. What happened?

Mary T

Is this carmmary? If so, I was wondering how YOU got suspended. Seriously, I've never seen you post anything offensive. What happened?

yeah its me! I was on the SET Board sticking up for Obama and other places sticking up for the underdog, the atheists, the gay people, and just plain ol common sense. and I stepped on someones toes. she was calling Obama a baby killer,, she was doing much other fear mongering. I was trying to be the voice of reason and even defend her to someone and saying lets pray for her and i was defending her and concerned about her.. so i try to calm her down and try to let her see things more reasonable, and i think i stepped on her anti-abortion toes, so I am suspended.

but i had to say what i said I also have been putting up topics about too much attacking going on, so maybe that also did it too.

I personaly refuse to jump on the bandwagon and hate groups of people that some christians feel i ought to hate.. if you read any of my recent posts, you can see that im beginning to get very aggravated at religous people who act unloving. Im actually today feeling like just about ready to quit chirsitanity, seems the ones who have hurt me the most this past 6 months were christians.

so the ban is off Monday noon, to be honest, im honestly very miffed at christianity in general,, but i had to go thru a lot of bad feelings today after feeling like after defending people i get suspended. ok so maybe im not the best chrisitian myself. im about to throw in the towel and quit.
    Last edited by Mary T; 01-23-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Kogseeker

yeah its me! I was on the SET Board sticking up for Obama and other places sticking up for the underdog, the atheists, the gay people, and just plain ol common sense. and I stepped on someones toes. she was calling Obama a baby killer,, she was doing much other fear mongering. I was trying to be the voice of reason and even defend her to someone and saying lets pray for her and i was defending her and concerned about her.. so i try to calm her down and try to let her see things more reasonable, and i think i stepped on her anti-abortion toes, so I am suspended.
    Im really curious as to which one that was?! Must'of been CD I bet!!

I personaly refuse to jump on the bandwagon and hate groups of people that some christians feel i ought to hate.
    Good

so the ban is off Monday noon, to be honest, im honestly very miffed at christianity in general,, but i had to go thru a lot of bad feelings today after feeling like after defending people i get suspended. ok so maybe im not the best chrisitian myself. im about to throw in the towel and quit.
    I totally understand whatcha saying. There's alot of christians that feel the way you do about the "nasty" christians over there, but you cannot let them rob you of your relationship w/ Jesus. Throwing in the towel is not the answer. And if it gets too ya that bad, maybe its best for you not to post over there anymore. You seem really sensitive, I'm concerned for you.

Trinity

but i had to say what i said I also have been putting up topics about too much attacking going on, so maybe that also did it too.

I personaly refuse to jump on the bandwagon and hate groups of people that some christians feel i ought to hate.. if you read any of my recent posts, you can see that im beginning to get very aggravated at religous people who act unloving. Im actually today feeling like just about ready to quit chirsitanity, seems the ones who have hurt me the most this past 6 months were christians.

unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity... and Why It Matters
    by David Kinnaman, Gabe Lyons

http://www.amazon.com/unChristian-Ge...2772068&sr=8-1

Review by Daniel B. Clendenin

"In his book The Heart of Christianity (2003) Marcus Borg of Oregon State University describes how his university students have a uniformly negative image of Christianity. "When I ask them to write a short essay on their impression of Christianity," says Borg, "they consistently use five adjectives: Christians are literalistic, anti-intellectual, self-righteous, judgmental, and bigoted."

Christians might object, rather defensively, that it's unfair to draw sweeping conclusions based upon the report of one person. If you think that way, you'd be right in your logic but wrong in your conclusion. A new book called unChristian (2007) by David Kinnaman of the Barna Group presents objective research that supports Borg's subjective anecdote. Kinnaman's three-year study documents how an overwhelming percentage of sixteen to twenty-nine year olds view Christians with hostility, resentment and disdain.

These broadly and deeply negative views of Christians aren't just superficial stereotypes with no basis in reality, says Kinnaman. Nor are the critics people who've had no contact with churches or Christians. It would be a tragic mistake, he argues, for believers to protest that outsider outrage at Christians is a misperception. Rather, it's based upon their real experiences with today's Christians. In addition to their statistical research, the book includes anecdotes from people who were interviewed, follow-on comments at the end of each chapter by some 30 Christian leaders, and reflections about why we've come to such a place and how we might make it better.

* anti****sexual 91%
    * judgmental 87%
    * hypocritical 85%
    * old-fashioned 78%
    * too political 75%
    * out of touch with reality 72%
    * insensitive to others 70%
    * boring 68%

It would be hard to overestimate, says Kinnaman, "how firmly people reject-- and feel rejected by-- Christians" (19). Or think about it this way, he suggests: "When you introduce yourself as a Christian to a friend, neighbor, or business ***ociate who is an outsider, you might as well have it tattooed on your arm: anti****sexual, gay-hater, ****phobic. I doubt you think of yourself in these terms, but that's what outsiders think of you" (93).

Gabe Lyons of the Fermi Project who commissioned the Barna research remembers his first look at the data. "I'll never forget sitting in Starbucks, poring through the research results on my laptop. As I soaked it in, I glanced at the people around me and was overwhelmed with the thought that this is what they think of me. It was a sobering thought to know that if I had stood up and announced myself as a 'Christian' to the customers ***embled in Starbucks that day, they would have ***ociated me with every one of the negative perceptions described in this book" (222, his italics). Sad to say, Marcus Borg was even more right than he knew."

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 01-24-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Kogseeker

Interesting information Trinity, thanks for sharing it.

Mary T

Im really curious as to which one that was?! Must'of been CD I bet!!

Good

I totally understand whatcha saying. There's alot of christians that feel the way you do about the "nasty" christians over there, but you cannot let them rob you of your relationship w/ Jesus. Throwing in the towel is not the answer. And if it gets too ya that bad, maybe its best for you not to post over there anymore. You seem really sensitive, I'm concerned for you.
    I am referring to the vice president of carm... but i was able to read the posts and i did see a topic about someone wanting to spew out lukewarm christians, LOL.... i sorta came here looking for awediot and i happened to find this place.. i never heard of it. i was looking at the topics and theres some that would be some new faces to me. I will try to hang in there as i have for the last six months I pretty much can take most things said in a chatroom, but i suppose this just got to me I'll be ok.

Mary T

[QUOTE=Trinity;4271
    Trinity[/QUOTE]

hi - oh wow! i read some of the reviews.. the 3rd review on Amazon there, wow, my sentiments exactly!

now if we are to turn lemons into lemonade, i can only guess that our experiences even if they cause us grief, can only add to our empathy for others that we might have treated badly if we had not known what its like.

some people forget the spirit of the law, but they can spout off a million bible verses. i dont wanna be like that.

Mary T

Quote Originally Posted by Heart2Heart View Post
    Welcome to Walter Martin Ministeries Forum! This website is excellent! You will discover the spirit here is not the same as the other website. I am sorry to hear about your experience from the other website. Enjoy your time here.
    oh thank you! I promise i wont complain all the time! its just im explanaing my situation here, but I try to be upeat and encouraging most of the time

Heart2Heart

I am referring to the vice president of carm... but i was able to read the posts and i did see a topic about someone wanting to spew out lukewarm christians, LOL.... i sorta came here looking for awediot and i happened to find this place.. i never heard of it. i was looking at the topics and theres some that would be some new faces to me. I will try to hang in there as i have for the last six months I pretty much can take most things said in a chatroom, but i suppose this just got to me I'll be ok.
    Walter Martin Ministries Forum was posted at the other discussion forum website, but someone removed the thread few hours later. Praise God! I saw the thread.

Mary T

Walter Martin Ministries Forum was posted at the other discussion forum website, but someone removed the thread few hours later. Praise God! I saw the thread.
    How come? What were they objecting to?

Heart2Heart

How come? What were they objecting to?
    I don't know the reasons why they removed the thread.

Walter Martin was a very well-known apologetic. Unfortunately, I don't know much about him, but I do know he was a strong believer in Jesus. He wanted to expose many false teachings to the public.

Heart2Heart

What is SET Board?

Kogseeker

Yea, thats how I heard about it.

Kogseeker

Talking

I don't know the reasons why they removed the thread.

A lil friendly compe***ion, maybe