Thread: Is God unable to create in kind?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Libby

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post
    ---I know. It IS simple: You need to quit limiting God's abilities. If you think He's UNABLE to teach someone else how to create something, then you have gravely underestimated what God is able to do. Heck, what do you think inspiration is? It's God teaching someone how to do something that God Himself already knows how to do. What--you don't think He could be that good a teacher? Then think again.

---So which is it that you don't believe about God:

a) that He is ABLE to teach others how to do what He can do; or

b) that He is just UNWILLING to ALLOW anyone else to do what He can do
    ???? Either way, you are showing that you have a low opinion of God. Maybe you should re-think the theology that you have signed onto.
    I believe God's Word, where He says:

Isaiah 43:10

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

and

Colossians 1:16-17

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."

akaSeerone

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

and

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."
    Great Scripture Libby.

Jeff simply has no argument and makes me wonder why he plays these ridiculous games.

Andy

nrajeff

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    and
    ---That is great that you believe that God and Jesus created everything that had been created up to that point. But it's NOT so great that you tried to use those verses to reach the unfounded, illogical, and God-LIMITING EISEGESIS that God and Jesus therefore are UNABLE to TEACH other people what They know. Those 2 verses do NOT say ANYTHING about God being limited in that regard. To have such a low opinion of His abilities--to think that an omnipotent God can't teach what He knows to others--is a surprising position for a professed believer in the "3 omnis" to hold.

Father_JD

Who said that God Triune is "unable to teach other people what They know", jeff?

What you consistenly FAIL to understand is that God Triune IS INFINITE, and we creatures are FINITE.

Consequently, there can only be a LIMIT as to HOW MUCH we can be taught.

You confuse the Creator with the creation.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Who said that God Triune is "unable to teach other people what They know", jeff?

What you consistenly FAIL to understand is that God Triune IS INFINITE, and we creatures are FINITE.

Consequently, there can only be a LIMIT as to HOW MUCH we can be taught.

You confuse the Creator with the creation.
    How can a 2D object understand the 3rd Dimension?

MacG

Father_JD

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    How can a 2D object understand the 3rd Dimension?

MacG
    Exactly! Thanks, MacG.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Exactly! Thanks, MacG.
    And conversly, the 3rd dimension is omnipresent in relation to the 2nd as it permeates the 2nd dimension and any other 2d plane rotated about the x,y and z axis.

MacG
    Last edited by MacG; 02-17-2010 at 08:52 PM.