Thread: Picture Proof:Satanic pentagrams on German church

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mesenja

Default I'm willing to say your right

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post

I am willing to say that the inverted pentagram is not satanic given the historic use in Christianity and it's recent use in paganism etc.

If one were to take away the pentagram off of both that church and a Mormon temple (a "common" denominator as it were),how would symbologists cl***ify each structure based on the remaining symbols?

From a layman's point of view take away the pentagram from the church and it would be clear to me that Christian people worship there based on the remaining symbols. Take away the pentagram from the Mormon Temple and what remaining symbols would tell me that Christian people worship there?

Blessings,MacG

The meaning of symbols can only be defined by the person or group using it. This entire accusation that the inverted five-pointed stars or pentagrams that decorate some LDS temples are occultic or even Satanic in nature is nonsense. It is a Christian symbol. The Savior called Himself “the bright…morning star” (Revelation 22:16) which is the planet Venus.

If you plot the exact position of Venus where it first appears shortly before sunrise after a period of invisibility and repeat this process until we have five positions then draw a line from the first point marked to the second point marked,then to the third,and so on the pentagram within a circle will be the design-iconic symbol.

The five-pointed star would appear either upright or inverted depending on when a person began to observe and plot the positions of Venus. Only the planet Venus can recreate this five-pointed star sign.
    Last edited by Mesenja; 01-05-2010 at 11:36 PM.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by Mesenja View Post
    The meaning of symbols can only be defined by the person or group using it.
    I agree. Since above you indicated that you are not taking this very seriously and given that you chose to not to actually address the bulk of my question, I would not want to waste your time asking you for the definitions of the remaining symbols (are they not important to you?), could you do me a favor and point me to where it is the TCJCLDS defines these symbols? Otherwise I only have the "anteemormon" sites to glean from and without your help I will continue to be misinformed about the TCJCLDS all the while ***umng that they are right about the remaining symbols.

Blessings,

MacG

Mesenja

Default Symbolism of the SLC Temple

Temple East Side:Melchizedek Priesthood

Temple West Side : Aaronic Priesthood.

Three Towers East:First Presidency

Three Towers West:Presiding Bishopric

Twelve Pinnacles East:Quorum of Twelve

Twelve Pinnacles West:High Council

Buds and Leaves:Rebirth and Resurrection

Gold Moroni Statue:Moroni faces East denoting the place of residence for the true and living God of Israel (Hebrew- קדים qadiym east,east wind,east of direction,forward) Moroni returned on September 23,the day of the Jewish Feast known as “the Day of Trumpets” (Leviticus 23:24),with the keys of the Book of Mormon and the everlasting gospel to preach to all that dwell upon the earth (Joel 2:1).

Alpha and Omega Scrolls East and West Windows & Pillars:They declare the names of God. The Alpha sign is found in the inlaid brick of the pillars of the temple and the Omega sign is found over every window. The scroll is a symbol of the word of God (Ezekiel 3:1-4),declaring that he is the “I Am” (Exodus 3 12-14) and the “Alpha” and “Omega”.

The Big Dipper (Ursa Major):The seven (perfect) six-sided (fixed position) stars literally (from the alignment on the temple) point to the North Star (Stella Maris),a polar star for determining location. One can gain their bearings through the priesthood and can gain perfection as they observe the constant or polar star who is Jesus Christ.

Stars:One hundred and eleven stars found on the Temple. Stars have always been a symbol for men. (Revelation 14:4;Isaiah 14:12-14;Genesis 22:17;1 Nephi 1:10-11,etc.)

Five-pointed Upward Stars:Directly below the east center tower is a row of four upright stars,as well as three stars on each of the other two towers. These stars are not found on the west towers because the Aaronic Priesthood receives its light from the Melchizedek Priesthood. Represents men and women set upright before the Lord from their ‘natural’ state to pursue a righteous path into eternity in the house of the Lord (i.e. Temple).

Inverted Stars:Represent the planet Venus or the ‘bright and morning star’ (Revelation 22:16). They are made to symbolize God,his relationship to man and his eternal nature.

Cloud Stones:The cloud is a symbol of ‘the glory of the God’. (D&C 84:5) Israel saw the cloud as both dark and bright (Exodus 40:34-38). They are found atop of the East center tower. The North side cloud represents ‘billowy clouds’ or white and the South side cloud represents ‘storm clouds or black.

Earth Stones:They are found on all four corners of the Temple and signify mankind and is declared to be ‘the footstool of God’ (D&C 38:17).

Moon Stones:
    Israel was governed by the moon (Leviticus 23) with its first month being Abib or April (Exodus 12:2). There are fifty moon stones encomp***ing the Temple. They signify that God is one eternal round (D&C 3:2) and vertically in the sun-moon-earth signs are symbolic of Celestial-Terrestial-Telestial Kingdoms.

Guardians of the Temple:Beside each East side door are the two niches bearing the bronze statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith signifying that for this dispensation its two original presidents who were martyred for the cause (D&C 135) stand guard over the city of God like the priests did anciently over earthly cities. (2 Chronicles 8:14;Revelation 21:12) It is also symbolic of the guardian angels (1 Kings 6:32, 35) who watch over the Temple and the need for those who wish to enter the presence of the Lord to p*** by the sentinels (D&C 132:18-19).

Honey Bee or Deseret [Egyptian dsrt ] (Ether 2:3):There are twenty-four bee hives on the Temple. Orson Pratt stated that the honey bee is a type for the eternal nature of God and his plan;swarming out [hive] to fill eternities and procreate in greater number (Journal of Discourses,1:294).

Golden Flowering Vines:
    The golden hinges of the temple doors are shaped like flowering vines signifying that Christ is ‘the True Vine’ (John 15:1-8),‘the Tree of Life’(1 Nephi 11:4-8),‘the Keeper of the Gate’(2 Nephi 9:41). The entire door has depictions of vines,branches,leaves, fruits,and beehives,which represents the garden of Eden. It is to signify that just as Adam and Eve exited Eden Garden and the Presence of the Lord so one must enter the same way.

All-Seeing Eyes:They are found on the East and West sides of the Temple or the Front and the Back. The all-seeing eye is an ancient emblem and represents the omniscience of God (Proverbs 15:3) and His ability to discern the good and evil deeds of man. All worthy individuals who worship at the temple are ushered in into the presence of the Lord to be granted greater light and knowledge. The eye is always the right eye being symbol of covenants. What appears at first to be and eyelid is in reality the veil of the temple.

Capstone:The capstone is the ball on which Moroni stands and is a symbol of completion or perfection.

Handclasp:The clasping of right hands represent the ‘right hand of fellowship’ (Galatians 2:9),but that within the Temple it is symbolic of receiving a handclasp from the Lord and ‘take hold’ of the Him in His holy house (Isaiah 56:4-7).

I agree. Since above you indicated that you are not taking this very seriously and given that you chose to not to actually address the bulk of my question,I would not want to waste your time asking you for the definitions of the remaining symbols (are they not important to you?)

Could you do me a favor and point me to where it is the TCJCLDS defines these symbols? Otherwise I only have the "a*t*-Mormon" sites to glean from and without your help I will continue to be misinformed about the TCJCLDS all the while ***umng that they are right about the remaining symbols.

Blessings,

MacG
    Last edited by Mesenja; 01-08-2010 at 12:19 PM.

MacG

Gold Moroni Statue:Moroni faces East denoting the place of residence for the true and living God of Israel (Hebrew- קדים qadiym east,east wind,east of direction,forward) Moroni returned on September 23,the day of the Jewish Feast known as “the Day of Trumpets” (Leviticus 23:24),with the keys of the Book of Mormon and the everlasting gospel to preach to all that dwell upon the earth (Joel 2:1).

Alpha and Omega Scrolls East and West Windows & Pillars:They declare the names of God. The Alpha sign is found in the inlaid brick of the pillars of the temple and the Omega sign is found over every window. The scroll is a symbol of the word of God (Ezekiel 3:1-4),declaring that he is the “I Am” (Exodus 3 12-14) and the “Alpha” and “Omega”.

The Big Dipper (Ursa Major):The seven (perfect) six-sided (fixed position) stars literally (from the alignment on the temple) point to the North Star (Stella Maris),a polar star for determining location. One can gain their bearings through the priesthood and can gain perfection as they observe the constant or polar star who is Jesus Christ.

Stars:One hundred and eleven stars found on the Temple. Stars have always been a symbol for men. (Revelation 14:4;Isaiah 14:12-14;Genesis 22:17;1 Nephi 1:10-11,etc.)

Five-pointed Upward Stars:Directly below the east center tower is a row of four upright stars,as well as three stars on each of the other two towers. These stars are not found on the west towers because the Aaronic Priesthood receives its light from the Melchizedek Priesthood. Represents men and women set upright before the Lord from their ‘natural’ state to pursue a righteous path into eternity in the house of the Lord (i.e. Temple).

Inverted Stars:Represent the planet Venus or the ‘bright and morning star’ (Revelation 22:16). They are made to symbolize God,his relationship to man and his eternal nature.

Cloud Stones:The cloud is a symbol of ‘the glory of the God’. (D&C 84:5) Israel saw the cloud as both dark and bright (Exodus 40:34-38). They are found atop of the East center tower. The North side cloud represents ‘billowy clouds’ or white and the South side cloud represents ‘storm clouds or black.

Earth Stones:They are found on all four corners of the Temple and signify mankind and is declared to be ‘the footstool of God’ (D&C 38:17).

Moon Stones:
    Israel was governed by the moon (Leviticus 23) with its first month being Abib or April (Exodus 12:2). There are fifty moon stones encomp***ing the Temple. They signify that God is one eternal round (D&C 3:2) and vertically in the sun-moon-earth signs are symbolic of Celestial-Terrestial-Telestial Kingdoms.

Guardians of the Temple:Beside each East side door are the two niches bearing the bronze statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith signifying that for this dispensation its two original presidents who were martyred for the cause (D&C 135) stand guard over the city of God like the priests did anciently over earthly cities. (2 Chronicles 8:14;Revelation 21:12) It is also symbolic of the guardian angels (1 Kings 6:32, 35) who watch over the Temple and the need for those who wish to enter the presence of the Lord to p*** by the sentinels (D&C 132:18-19).

Honey Bee or Deseret [Egyptian dsrt ] (Ether 2:3):There are twenty-four bee hives on the Temple. Orson Pratt stated that the honey bee is a type for the eternal nature of God and his plan;swarming out [hive] to fill eternities and procreate in greater number (Journal of Discourses,1:294).

Golden Flowering Vines:
    The golden hinges of the temple doors are shaped like flowering vines signifying that Christ is ‘the True Vine’ (John 15:1-8),‘the Tree of Life’(1 Nephi 11:4-8),‘the Keeper of the Gate’(2 Nephi 9:41). The entire door has depictions of vines,branches,leaves, fruits,and beehives,which represents the garden of Eden. It is to signify that just as Adam and Eve exited Eden Garden and the Presence of the Lord so one must enter the same way.

All-Seeing Eyes:They are found on the East and West sides of the Temple or the Front and the Back. The all-seeing eye is an ancient emblem and represents the omniscience of God (Proverbs 15:3) and His ability to discern the good and evil deeds of man. All worthy individuals who worship at the temple are ushered in into the presence of the Lord to be granted greater light and knowledge. The eye is always the right eye being symbol of covenants. What appears at first to be and eyelid is in reality the veil of the temple.

Capstone:The capstone is the ball on which Moroni stands and is a symbol of completion or perfection.

Handclasp:The clasping of right hands represent the ‘right hand of fellowship’ (Galatians 2:9),but that within the Temple it is symbolic of receiving a handclasp from the Lord and ‘take hold’ of the Him in His holy house (Isaiah 56:4-7).

Thanks for the courtesy of your reply

Mesenja

Default Early Christian Handclasp

Early Christian Hand and Wrist Grips

God reaching down out of the veil-like cloud,to pull Christ up as he ascends into heaven.

Adam reaches around a pillar to grasp with his right hand the right hand of Christ.

Last edited by Mesenja; 01-07-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Mesenja

Default The Eye of God

Eye of God

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous." (Psalms 34:15)

The eyes of the Lord are in every place." (Proverbs 15:3)

The Eye of God is a picture of an equilateral triangle with a single eye inside it and almost always with rays emanating from it. The eye represents the omnipresence and omniscience of God,who watches over all things The triangle is ***ociated with the Trinity.

The Supper of Emmaus painted in 1525 by Jacopo Pontormo.

Sacred Heart Church;Lancaster,CA

Aachen Cathedral;Aachen,Germany
    Last edited by Mesenja; 01-08-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Mesenja

Default Honey Bee [Egyptian dsrt]

The bee represents hard work,diligence,harmony,and order. The honey,the essence of the activity of the hive,is a symbol of Christ and the virginity of Mary. The honey has also become in Christian symbolism a sign of religious eloquence,***igned to saints like St. Ambrose and St. Bernard of Clairvaux. St. Ambrose compared the beehive to the church as a symbol of the pious and unified community,and the Christian to the ardently working bee,who never sleeps,always vigilant and constantly acquiring virtue,adding "honey" to the whole community. (Commentary on Dat Rosa Mel Apibus by John Eberly)
    Last edited by Mesenja; 01-07-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Mesenja

Default The Honey Tongued Doctor

The bee represents hard work,diligence,harmony,and order. The honey,the essence of the activity of the hive,is a symbol of Christ and the virginity of Mary. The honey has also become in Christian symbolism a sign of religious eloquence,***igned to saints like St. Ambrose and St. Bernard of Clairvaux. St. Ambrose compared the beehive to the church as a symbol of the pious and unified community,and the Christian to the ardently working bee,who never sleeps,always vigilant and constantly acquiring virtue,adding "honey" to the whole community. (Commentary on Dat Rosa Mel Apibus by John Eberly)

Saint Ambrose bishop of Milan b. 340 d. 397 He was nicknamed The Honey Tongued Doctor.

nrajeff

Interesting lessons from the History of Christianity, Mesenja. Thanks for sharing it.

Mesenja

Default Symbolism of the Bee

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeff View Post
    Interesting lessons from the History of Christianity,Mesenja. Thanks for sharing it.

These are quotes taken from "The Bee,A Symbol of the Church by Catherine Croisette. Here the symbolism of the bee is obviously taken from a Catholic perspective. However to make the quip like Father _JD did to me that the bee is "More like an apt symbol for mindless drones in Mormonism,Mesenja" either shows ignorance on his part or a knee **** negative reaction to anything dealing with the Latter-day Saints. You take your pick NRA_Jeff. And they say that we are mindless drones in a cult.

I later found a text of St. John Chrysostom in which he in some way confirmed that explanation when he wrote:"The bee is more honored than other animals,not because it labors,but because it labors for others" (12th Homily). So,I realized that the bees,like the clergy and religious men and women in the Church,work unceasingly for the common good of the hive and obey without question their superiors,and above all their queen.
    The bee is also a symbol of wisdom,for it collects nectar from many flowers and turns it into nourishing and pleasing honey,which is the 'gold' of bees.
    As the Church gives grace through the purity of her divine Sacraments,so the bees give us honey and wax by the labor of their pure bodies. This is why their wax,considered the fruit of a virgin labor,is worthy to burn in the candles on the altar at the offering of the Holy Sacrifice.
    The honey,so agreeable to the palate,is symbolic of spiritual sweetness and religious eloquence. For this reason,the beehive is emblematic of St. Ambrose and of St. Bernard of Clairvaux,two Doctors whom the Church calls mellifluus and mellificuus,that is,with an eloquence as suave and “sweet as honey.”
    Like charitable Catholics,bees produce good works for their neighbor at all times by pollinating the plants for food,beauty and air quality,so necessary for the survival of others.
    They [the bees] are instantly and vigorously militant against enemies of the hive. Not only the hive,but the honey,upon which their lives depend,is also vigorously protected.This is a marvelous and unique natural phenomenon that signifies other marvelous and unique phenomena of the Catholic Church:her militant members,her apologists and her martyrs. They gave their lives for the good of the Church,and their blood became the seed for vibrant growth,as happened many times in History.
    The bees’ survival depends upon a queen and their unquestioning obedience and loyalty to her,just as we are all absolutely dependent upon Our Lady,the Queen of Heaven,for our eternal salvation and our protection from the world,the flesh and the devil.
    Bees observe such a tremendous reverence for their authority that none dare leave the hive to swarm in other pastures unless the queen has gone forth in front of them and claimed the first rank of flight for herself. The ever-vigilant bees guard their queen and hive - as we should guard Our Queen and our Church - to the ultimate price, and instinctively consider it a duty to die for them.
    Finally,perhaps you noticed,the natural beehive is shaped similarly to a traditional Tabernacle!
    Last edited by Mesenja; 01-08-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Mesenja

Default A Symbol of the Church

Saint Ambrose bishop of Milan b. 340 d. 397 He was nicknamed The Honey Tongued Doctor.

"The bee is more honored than other animals,not because it labors, but because it labors for others." (St. John Chrysostom 12th Homily)

In the columns of the Altar of the Confession in St. Peter's Basilica one finds bees among the leaves and flowers.

nrajeff

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    More like an apt symbol for mindless drones in Mormonism, M.
    ---Now now, you shouldn't describe yourself (as you were for decades) that way.

MacG

Eye of God

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous." (Psalms 34:15)

The eyes of the Lord are in every place." (Proverbs 15:3)

The Eye of God is a picture of an equilateral triangle with a single eye inside it and almost always with rays emanating from it. The eye represents the omnipresence and omniscience of God,who watches over all things The triangle is ***ociated with the Trinity.

The Supper of Emmaus painted in 1525 by Jacopo Pontormo.

Sacred Heart Church;Lancaster,CA

Aachen Cathedral;Aachen,Germany
    Hey, where'd you get that first eye? That one isn't Mormon as it is the left eye.

Thanks for your posts though,

MacG

Mesenja

Default It was taken from Google

Hey,where'd you get that first eye? That one isn't Mormon as it is the left eye.

Thanks for your posts though,MacG
    I did not notice that the first image is a depiction of the left eye. Thanks for pointing that out to me. By the way you are welcome.
    Last edited by Mesenja; 01-08-2010 at 10:17 AM.

shoedog

Default Gr8 post. What about S. Hemisphere?

Moon Stones:

Golden Flowering Vines:

Hey thanks Mesenja. I never heard from an LDS the explanation of LDS symbology.

I am curious given your: "The Big Dipper (Ursa Major):The seven (perfect) six-sided (fixed position) stars literally (from the alignment on the temple) point to the North Star (Stella Maris),a polar star for determining location. One can gain their bearings through the priesthood and can gain perfection as they observe the constant or polar star who is Jesus Christ."

What do LDS follow to gain their bearings in the Southern Hemishpere? The Southern Cross? thanks, shoe

Russ

Moon Stones:

Golden Flowering Vines:

Mind if I get a reference for your references to reference others for references?

...or something like that.

Cl*** starts next week. :-)

Mesenja

Default Late breaking news flash

I have you on permanent ignore. Can you figure out what that means Russ?

Russ

Aw, shucks. I guess that means I'll just have to Google your quotes.

Oughta take about 2 minutes, I guess.

Thought ya might wanna talk about it.

shoedog

Default LOL u reply to some1 u ignore? LoL

I guess it means you keep replying to his comments? sheesh, who knows what you mean. shoe