Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
Austin Canes, I would call your bold quote an inappropriate slur of the people in the mid-west and the south.
And I would say that you are being overly-sensitive and missing my point. I'm not particularly talking about the people/regions you mentioned. You are quite mistaken.

Small town America is what keeps your city slicker grocery stores stocked and well feed.
I understand the general view of small-town America, and it isn't necessarily closed-minded or bigoted; this isn't 1940. I live in a smaller conservative place; I understand the reasonable values of such people as you refer to.

Not all the "city-slickers" reside and/or operate in the 'cities'; people are people... no matter wherever you go.

It is also a back-bone of the most patriotic people I have ever the pleasure to serve with in the Marines and in the Army.
I have performed substantial military service myself, and I'm proud to say that the best-of-the-best come from ALL OVER America.

Those would be "fighting" words, and while I am a peaceful man, it does not mean that I am not prone to temptations.
BE PEACEFUL and be disciplined; understand, rather than striking out in foolish anger (as many do these days).

I'm not here to be against you personally, but to share what my views, beliefs and vision with you as a fellow American.