I would like to add this to what you said. Of course we never have to work for salvation but Christians should be distinct and different from the world. And we told in the scriptures that if you are not living that way, if your life is not distinctly different from the world, there is a real possibility that you are not a Christian at all no matter what you claim, no matter what you imagine, no matter how religious you are. Unless there is a distinction in your living, there is a good possibility that there is no distinction in your nature either.
So if you're not living a different life there's a real possibility you're not a different person. New creatures act like new creatures.
You will have the knowledge of your salvation, the ***urance of your salvation, not by remembering a past event but by seeing a present virtue and growth.
I can agree with you as to what you are adding. Does the adding indicate that you are in agreement with what I have posted? Would you be willing to answer the question from my post that you responded to and comment on the statement that follows keeping in mind the content of John 15:1 to 10? I have reposted it below.

My question to you is what happens if we do not do what God expects Christians to do? If you are going to be a Christian you have to do what a Christian is created to do. If a truck driver stops driving a truck, soon that person is no longer considered a truck driver. Performance has now become a factor (See John 15:1 to 10)