Thread: Begging for response.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GiGi

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    GiGi, you would have to annihilate the whole human race to prevent evil from reoccuring. The doctrinal stance of the Church recognizes the sinfulness of the human race, as such, even priests and Popes are subject to temptations and even gross error. And the Pope even goes to confession. If you want to lay the Church to blame for such bad things, you would also have to consistently apply it to every type of government. Marxism of Stalin, Fredrich Neitzche's philosophy in Hitler, and on and on. I am sure Karl Marx did not envision Stalin, or Nitzche envision Hitler, but you seem to be doing this very thing when it comes to the Church.

Just wanted to add, the Catholic Church has its own court system based on the Ancient Roman court system. It is different from English law from which the American system patterns. I am told the Catholic Court system is a little backwards from the English court system of which the American system is based. Perhaps Trinity can expound more on this, but if anyone was married before, and seeking to remarry in the Catholic Church, the process of annulment goes through canon lawyers. It is only binding within the Church, meaning it has no jurisdiction in telling the civilian courts that they should grant annulments rather than divorces. However, it is possible, so I believe, that the findings or research of which the canon lawyers use could be admissible evidence in the civilian courts and vice versa. I think the system in the Church is more methodical and is mainly interested gather as much facts before it deliberates. So what you may be thinking in regards to inactivity of the Church on the basis of the English/American court systems, is simply not true. The canon lawyers are probably also examining the same evidences that the civilian court system uses. Personally, because the systems are different, I think it an unfair ***essment to prejudge the Church's disciplinary action of its members while the accused is still presummed innocent in the American/English court of law. And as far as what happened in the 1870, I have no clue to what you are talking about. And to tell the truth, I am more concerned with what the Church actually teaches than bad Catholics doing bad things, you can go endlessly on evil acts by every religious follower and end up nowhere.
    Did I blame the church, or anyone else for evil? The fact is 'evil' is just another religious term I try to avoid. I stated, as simply as possible, that the church should clean its own house. Beyond that, I've not criticized the church much at all.
    It is supers***ion that I find most bewildering.
    To think, in the 21st century, there are still a very large number of people who believe that an unknowable deity, that reads minds and intentions, waits in some other dimension of reality to judge every individual human being that has ever lived, or will ever be born, is just absurd.
    Last edited by GiGi; 09-03-2009 at 10:25 AM.