Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoney 'forever' families of mormons

Default Phoney 'forever' families of mormons

EXACTLY WHAT 'families' do you mormons THINK are 'forever? You, your spouse, your little (or grown-up) kids, THEIR kids, THEIR kids' kids and THEIR kids' kids' kids?

We ALL descended from adam and Eve. . .so EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is "family." Do you think we will ALL live in one house together as 'family?'

Have you EVER EVEN TRIED TO THINK THIS PROBLEM OF YOURS OUT?

AFTER ALL, MANY MANY MORMONS have plaques on their walls next to family portraits proclaiming 'families are forever. . .'

Of course, they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    EXACTLY WHAT 'families' do you mormons THINK are 'forever? You, your spouse, your little (or grown-up) kids, THEIR kids, THEIR kids' kids and THEIR kids' kids' kids?

We ALL descended from adam and Eve. . .so EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is "family." Do you think we will ALL live in one house together as 'family?'

AFTER ALL, MANY MANY MORMONS have plaques on their walls next to family portraits proclaiming 'families are forever. . .'

Of course, they aren't.
    Looking to the Bible; forever families is everyone in your family. To Abraham, it was promised first, many seed, and then the reunion of his seed. The atonement was a fulfillment of that promise made to Abraham, promising that Israel (Abraham's family) would be reunited and be with God again.

I thought this might be easier for you to see from a non-Mormon site, as it is clearly explained in the Bible:

"Notice again God’s promise to him: “I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed” (Genesis 12:3).

What a fantastic commitment! With these promises God set in motion an awesome design destined to benefit “all the families of the earth” when they are fulfilled. The history and prophecies of this nation, springing from Abraham, are important not only for its own people but for the people of all nations."

"Almost 800 years after Israel disappeared as a nation, the apostle Paul described gentiles (non-Israelites) who are “without Christ” as “aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world” (Ephesians 2:12).

This means that God must graft all who become His servants into the family of Abraham, and God has bound Himself by a series of covenants to accomplish this (Romans 11:13-27).

God continued: “Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God … You shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations” (Genesis 17:8-9). The account in Genesis 17 establishes God’s commitment to Abraham as an “everlasting covenant” (Genesis 17:7-19), a binding agreement obligating God to give the patriarch’s descendants the land of Canaan in perpetuity (Genesis 17:8). God’s commitment to Abraham was major and far-reaching.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...-commitment-to
    and:

Question: "What does it mean that the church is the bride of Christ?"

Answer: The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church. The church is comprised of those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and have received eternal life. Christ, the Bridegroom, has sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride (Ephesians 5:25–27). https://www.gotquestions.org/bride-of-Christ.html
    If families are not eternal, the promise made to Abraham and Christ's covenant to his church end in death. The whole Bible rests on the concept of the eternal family.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

biggie posted:

Looking to the Bible; forever families is everyone in your family.

And I am asking "WHAT PART" of your family? You and your spouse? Your kids? Your kids' kids?

HOW MANY GENERATIONS is your mormon theory to include under one roof?

And what about the heathens? Are THEY your 'family' too?

Jesus said:

John 8:43-44
    43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.
    NKJV

Is THAT part of YOUR family?

To Abraham, it was promised first, many seed, and then the reunion of his seed. The atonement was a fulfillment of that promise made to Abraham, promising that Israel (Abraham's family) would be reunited and be with God again.

I thought this might be easier for you to see from a non-Mormon site, as it is clearly explained in the Bible:

Then why do the mormon plaques all seem to have a mommy, daddy, and little children on them and NOT HUGE M***ES OF PEOPLE representing ALL the peoples of the world (ALL the family of Adam and Eve) or representing ALL OF THE NATIONS OF ABRAHAM?

OR

Doesn't it look like the mormon religion is trying to convince young families that JUST THEIR FAMILY UNIT will be together and that their kids will remain as little kids?

If families are not eternal, the promise made to Abraham and Christ's covenant to his church end in death. The whole Bible rests on the concept of the eternal family.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but your theory falls flat since there are ONLY TWO families on the earth. The ADOPTED FAMILY OF GOD that includes EVERY REAL CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE, and then there is the 'other family' that belongs to the devil.

So WHAT FAMILY UNIT do you think will all live together in one tent (dwelling) that Jesus has made for each of us?

Do you REALLY think that hitler's family (back for 100 generations or more) ALL went to hell with him? AFTER ALL, THEY WERE HIS "FAMILY" TOO.

Looking to the Bible; forever families is everyone in your family. To Abraham, it was promised first, many seed, and then the reunion of his seed. The atonement was a fulfillment of that promise made to Abraham, promising that Israel (Abraham's family) would be reunited and be with God again.
    you really do not understand the promise given to Abraham by God do you?
    check the new book thread to find my new books

Well, Jesus said his father's house has many mansions, so it sounds like there will be plenty of room.

What problem?

alanmolstad

The Greek word for “mansions” occurs again in the New Testament only in John 14:23, where it is rendered abode.” Wiclif and the Geneva version read “dwellings.” It is found in the Greek of the Old Testament only in 1 Maccabees 7:38 (“Suffer them not to continue any longer”—“give them not an abode”). Our translators here followed the Vulgate, which has “mansiones “with the exact meaning of the Greek, that is; “resting-places,” “dwellings.” In Elizabethan English the word meant no more than this, and it now means no more in French or in the English of the North. A maison or a manse, is not necessarily a modern English mansion.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/john/14-2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Well, Jesus said his father's house has many mansions, so it sounds like there will be plenty of room.

What problem?

The problem of WHO IS IN WHICH 'family' and their ages. . .

WHO WILL LIVE IN YOUR MANSION (literally a 'tent.')? YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE ALONE? You, your spouse and your children when they were small? You, your spouse, your adult children and their little children? You, your spouse, your adult children and THEIR adult children with THEIR tiny children?. . .ETC ETC ETC AD INFINITUM?

Your false theory pretends nothing but joey smith JUNK RELIGION that does not come from God at all, imho

Perhaps you should TRY to think for a bit and think this dilemma of yours out!

The TRUTH is that your (and joey smith's) theory doesn't work at all.

Default She thinks God leaves empty houses?

big posted:

If families are not eternal, the promise made to Abraham and Christ's covenant to his church end in death. The whole Bible rests on the concept of the eternal family.[/QUOTE]

ONLY ONE FAMILY, THE SEED OF ABRAHAM exists in the Bible. IT INCLUDES EVERY PART OF ISRAEL AND EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE (the SEED OF ABRAHAM) either through PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIP, or in the case of CHRISTIANS, ADOPTION.

So to answer MY QUESTION, THE OP. . .

You are CLAIMING that ALL OF US FROM ALL GENERATIONS OF ABRAHAM'S SEED are "our family," AND WE WILL ALL LIVE TOGETHER IN ONE DWELLING AS A FAMILY? IS THAT your claim?

HOGWASH!

JESUS SAID:

John 14:22 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.
    NKJV

So do YOU THINK ONLY ONE WILL BE IN USE and ALL OF THE OTHERS LEFT VACANT?

dberrie2000

ONLY ONE FAMILY, THE SEED OF ABRAHAM exists in the Bible. IT INCLUDES EVERY PART OF ISRAEL AND EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE (the SEED OF ABRAHAM) either through PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIP, or in the case of CHRISTIANS, ADOPTION.
    You are still referring to an eternal family.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    You are still referring to an eternal family.

But NOT the 'families are forever' dung that I see in mormon picture frames and mounted on walls in mormon homes regularly. Your religion is misleading them, just as your religion leads in other, more important matters such as following a 'jesus' that is a 'spirit-brother' of satan.

Your demonic 'jesus' saved nobody, paid for no sins anywhere.

WHO WILL LIVE IN YOUR MANSION (literally a 'tent.')? YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE ALONE? You, your spouse and your children when they were small? You, your spouse, your adult children and their little children? You, your spouse, your adult children and THEIR adult children with THEIR tiny children?. . .ETC ETC ETC AD INFINITUM?

Your false theory pretends nothing but joey smith JUNK RELIGION that does not come from God at all, imho

Perhaps you should TRY to think for a bit and think this dilemma of yours out!

The TRUTH is that your (and joey smith's) theory doesn't work at all.

STILL no intelligent 'explanations,' I see. . .

I hear crickets. . .

Well, we're actually all one big family. And I don't think age is relevant when you're eternal.

I think Jesus was speaking metaphorically, meaning that we was going to prepare a place for us to dwell in his Father's presence. But what if we are all living together in one giant house. Why would that be a problem?

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The problem of WHO IS IN WHICH 'family' and their ages.
    Well, we're actually all one big family. And I don't think age is relevant when you're eternal.

So you think we will ALL be Big/Small, diapered/dressed in adult clothing and small/large all at the same time???

I think Jesus was speaking metaphorically, meaning that we was going to prepare a place for us to dwell in his Father's presence. But what if we are all living together in one giant house. Why would that be a problem?

For the mormons that would be a problem because they are misrepresenting the whole concept; they promote the 'family' as being the 'family unit' in the pictures it publishes. . .just mommy, daddy, son, and daughter. ONE generation, LOCAL, NOT THE REALITY.

AND

According to mormon teachings. . .
    PART of their family might be exalted (on one planet)
    PART of their 'family' (A TELESTIAL [a made-up word] a SECOND LOCATION)
    A THIRD PART of their 'family' might be on earth (a THIRD LOCATION)
    or
    If they are 'SONS OF PERDITION', IN HELL (a FOURTH LOCATION)

BUT

the mormon religion tells you that 'families are forever' as if your current family unit will all remain TOGETHER ONE nice place.

I guess FRAUD is a good term for what the mormon religion does.

So you think we will ALL be Big/Small, diapered/dressed in adult clothing and small/large all at the same time???
    What? I have no idea how you got that from what I wrote.

For the mormons that would be a problem because they are misrepresenting the whole concept; they promote the 'family' as being the 'family unit' in the pictures it publishes. . .just mommy, daddy, son, and daughter. ONE generation, LOCAL, NOT THE REALITY.
    This is false; our church does not teach that families are one generation only. It seems there is no problem after all.

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    What? I have no idea how you got that from what I wrote.

You made THIS statement in your previous post:

I responded with the QUESTION (didn't you NOTIce the ??? question marks at the end) that debunked your theory that age is not relevant when you are eternal.

This is false; our church does not teach that families are one generation only. It seems there is no problem after all.

EXCEPT OF COURSE that what is represented TO THE MORMON FAMILIES IS a 'one generation only' family. So it IS DISHONEST. The pictures NEVER SHOW bearded old men, wrinkled old ladies, or older middle-agers IN ADDITION to the ONE GENERATION ONLY family your church suggests.

Thus it DOES POSE A PROBLEM IN YOUR RELIGION'S 'TRUTHFULNESS' (or lack of it).

I responded with the QUESTION (didn't you NOTIce the ??? question marks at the end) that debunked your theory that age is not relevant when you are eternal.
    How in the world did it do that?

EXCEPT OF COURSE that what is represented TO THE MORMON FAMILIES IS a 'one generation only' family.
    False.

The pictures NEVER SHOW bearded old men, wrinkled old ladies, or older middle-agers
    "The pictures"? If I could find a picture that showed a man with a beard, a woman with wrinkles, or middle-aged person, would you admit that you are wrong?

IN ADDITION to the ONE GENERATION ONLY family your church suggests.
    My church suggests no such thing. You just made that up.

Default More evidence of mormon fraud

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by Christian
    How in the world did it do that?

YOU claimed that age made no difference. I showed that the people would have to be depicted at different ages for different members of your supposed "forever families" to even LOOK LIKE what is presented to your CURRENT FAMILIES as 'families are forever.'

EXCEPT OF COURSE that what is represented TO THE MORMON FAMILIES IS a 'one generation only' family.
    False.

EXCEPT THAT what the mormon families are presented with NEVER depicts ONE FAMILY OF ALL HUMANITY with MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN IT. They present ONE daddy, ONE mommy, and a couple of little kids.

The pictures NEVER SHOW bearded old men, wrinkled old ladies, or older middle-agers

"The pictures"? If I could find a picture that showed a man with a beard, a woman with wrinkles, or middle-aged person, would you admit that you are wrong?

"The pictures" that I see regularly hanging in mormon homes depicting 'forever families,' published by the lds church publishers.

First I would have to BE wrong before I said any such thing. FOR THAT TO BE SHOWN TO BE TRUE you would have to PRODUCE the photos depicting 'forever families' of mormonism with MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN THEM!

Do you REALLY BELIEVE you can DO that?

You cannot do that. That would not fit your mormon fraud.

IN ADDITION to the ONE GENERATION ONLY family your church suggests.

My church suggests no such thing. You just made that up.

Will you now PRETEND that the mormon church does NOT publish the pictures in their bookstores JUST AS I HAVE DESCRIBED THEM? With ONE daddy, ONE mommy, and their children?

Will you NOW PRETEND that the mormon religion depicts to those folks who believe your 'forever families' that those 'families' include MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people?

​Would you REALLY PREVARICATE LIKE THAT?
    Last edited by Christian; 06-13-2017 at 08:35 AM.

YOU claimed that age made no difference. I showed that the people would have to be depicted at different ages for different members of your supposed "forever families" to even LOOK LIKE what is presented to your CURRENT FAMILIES as 'families are forever.'
    That makes no sense at all. I have no idea what you're talking about.

EXCEPT THAT what the mormon families are presented with NEVER depicts ONE FAMILY OF ALL HUMANITY with MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN IT. They present ONE daddy, ONE mommy, and a couple of little kids.
    You want a photograph of all humanity with millions of people in it? Does that actually sound rational to you?

"The pictures" that I see regularly hanging in mormon homes depicting 'forever families,' published by the lds church publishers.
    I don't know that pictures you're talking about. Can you produce some?

First I would have to BE wrong before I said any such thing. FOR THAT TO BE SHOWN TO BE TRUE [B]you would have to PRODUCE the photos depicting 'forever families' of mormonism with MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN THEM!
    No, I would only have to produce one picture that contains one element you claimed they never show.

Will you now PRETEND that the mormon church does NOT publish the pictures in their bookstores JUST AS I HAVE DESCRIBED THEM? With ONE daddy, ONE mommy, and their children?

Will you NOW PRETEND that the mormon religion depicts to those folks who believe your 'forever families' that those 'families' include MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people?

Of course not; I'm not an anti-Mormon. But I will continue to deny your false, unsupported ***ertions.

alanmolstad

see the Mormon concept for "Family" is different than Christians.

With a Christian concept, what you have is a dad and mom, and then some kids.

But with the Mormon concept with the life of Smith, we see a guy going from bed to bed ,,,,to bed....
    Sleeping with many different women.

This is not a christian concept of family, nor of marriage.

Aslo, one thing gets lost in the way we tend to think of the Mormon marriages of Smith.
    We always remember that Smith would claim to have married a new young girl, then he would sleep with her, then when he was 'finished" he would get up and leave the bed and tell the young girl to go back to her real husband.

The result of this is that while Smith was going from bed to bed....he also was 'turning out" the girls to get used to the idea that they also were to go from bed to bed...haveing sex with many different men.

and.........So this is just so much the cl***ic idea of a pimp ...

[QUOTE=Erundur;173223]

Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That makes no sense at all. I have no idea what you're talking about.

OF COURSE you don't. You have your blinders on. You are struggling to hold on to your mormon junk no matter WHAT the TRUTH is.

You want a photograph of all humanity with millions of people in it? Does that actually sound rational to you?

No it does't. Since YOU thought it up, WHY ARE YOU being so irrational?. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

I don't know that pictures you're talking about. Can you produce some?

HOW CONVENIENT that you should tell such FALSHOODS! OF COURSE you DO know what pictures I am talking about; they are UBIQUITOUS in mormon homes everywhere. You sound like a phoney to me.

First I would have to BE wrong before I said any such thing. FOR THAT TO BE SHOWN TO BE TRUE [B]you would have to PRODUCE the photos depicting 'forever families' of mormonism with MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN THEM!
    No, I would only have to produce one picture that contains one element you claimed they never show.

NOT if you are a RATIONAL person.

Of course not; I'm not an anti-Mormon. But I will continue to deny your false, unsupported ***ertions.

You mean my TRUE, FULLY SUPPORTED TO RATIONAL PEOPLE ***ertions.

Do you REALLY WANT TO FALSELY CLAIM that your religion's FALSE and UNSUPPORTED ***ERTION that 'families are forever' is NOT promoting INDIVIDUAL NUCLEAR FAMILIES, BUT IS TALKING ABOUT the ENTIRE FAMILY OF MANKIND FROM ADAM AND EVE?

WHAT A FARCE! You have been CAUGHT, hung out to dry!

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    False. Our concept of family is the same as ours.

But with the Mormon concept with the life of Smith, we see a guy going from bed to bed ,,,,to bed....
    No you don't; you just imagine it.

We always remember that Smith would claim to have married a new young girl, then he would sleep with her, then when he was 'finished" he would get up and leave the bed and tell the young girl to go back to her real husband.

The result of this is that while Smith was going from bed to bed....he also was 'turning out" the girls to get used to the idea that they also were to go from bed to bed...haveing sex with many different men.
    I think this is a serious case of either projection or envy.

Default His irrational thinking is of no concern to CHRISTIANS.

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    False. Our concept of family is the same as ours.

OF COURSE YOU AGREE WITH YOURSELF. . .it is US CHRISTIANS you are DIFFERENT FROM.

Until just a few years ago mormons wouldn't even CLAIM to be Christians because they knew they aren't.

No you don't; you just imagine it.

I guess you think emma smith and all those OTHER women just imagined it too, huh?

I think this is a serious case of either projection or envy.

​Do you also think the earth is flat and that the sun rotates around the earth? What YOU THINK doesn't matter to us RATIONAL CHRISTIAN FOLKS. . .

Until just a few years ago mormons wouldn't even CLAIM to be Christians because they knew they aren't.
    That's false.

No it does't. Since YOU thought it up, WHY ARE YOU being so irrational?. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
    That's exactly what you said, but it's good that you realize the irrationality of your expectation.

HOW CONVENIENT that you should tell such FALSHOODS! OF COURSE you DO know what pictures I am talking about; they are UBIQUITOUS in mormon homes everywhere.
    Easily proven false. The only family pictures in my house are of my family, and they weren't "published by the lds church publishers."

NOT if you are a RATIONAL person.
    Actually, YES if you are a RATIONAL person. If you claim that something never happens, I only have to produce one example of that thing happening to prove you wrong.

I still don't know what pictures you're talking about.

You mean my TRUE, FULLY SUPPORTED TO RATIONAL PEOPLE ***ertions.
    No, I mean what I said.

Do you REALLY WANT TO FALSELY CLAIM that your religion's FALSE and UNSUPPORTED ***ERTION that 'families are forever' is NOT promoting INDIVIDUAL NUCLEAR FAMILIES, BUT IS TALKING ABOUT the ENTIRE FAMILY OF MANKIND FROM ADAM AND EVE?
    Of course I don't want to falsely claim anything; I'm not an anti-Mormon. I truly claim what my church actually teaches, which is the sealing together of the entire family of mankind.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    That's false.
    far as I remember, the commercials I saw would close with the words that this was brought to us by "the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints",(then there would be a pause, followed by ...) "The Mormons."

I do not remember hearing them close an ad with the words "The Christians"