Thread: A "what if" question for critics.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    B2M5L2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So then why complain about not having the gold plates, you would still find issue with them, even if that solved one of the claims by Anti's that the plates could not have ever existed, you know things like "reformed egyptian writing",
    proof that writing were preserved on metal plates, the weight of the plates, etc, etc.

Where have I ever complained about not having gold plates? I simply answered Sir's question.

At least some of the criticisms would be proved or at least discounted and your talking points would have to adjust to something else if proven wrong.
    RJ.
    And yet, Chuck, there are no gold plates, and the criticisms remain legitimate.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by B2M5L2 View Post
    Where have I ever complained about not having gold plates? I simply answered Sir's question.

And yet, Chuck, there are no gold plates, and the criticisms remain legitimate.
    And again you didn't address the question, interesting.

If you were able to see the golden plates, and you were ***ured they were authentic and that they were what they are purported to be, what are the other issues that you have with Mormonism that would keep you from accepting its message?

B2M5L2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    And again you didn't address the question, interesting.
    What was I supposed to address, Chuck, when all you did was make another empty accusation?