Thread: Need a car

johnd

Default Need a car

For the last 2 years my wife and I have been going through one crisis after another. Some of you have been praying for us and it has been helping your prayers have been answered.

We got way behind when I ventured out into the private sector (for reasons I have explained here) and the economy hammered us from the very start. It is not enough that we are in vast company these days (financial dire straights)... our downhill slide began as I said about 2 years ago. I recently got back on with the government and fully intended to get caught up as we get back on our feet... and the repo man knocked on our door this evening.

Getting back on our feet has meant moving from California to this State (to get the ***) which drained the finances to zero. We need prayer. We need a car. I am scouring the internet for dealers who will help us... but we need a miracle and a miracle to dig us out of this hole.

Please help us, at least pray for us. That we can continue with our household and whatever the Lord has in store for us to do to serve him!

Thank you!

sayso

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    For the last 2 years my wife and I have been going through one crisis after another. Some of you have been praying for us and it has been helping your prayers have been answered.

We got way behind when I ventured out into the private sector (for reasons I have explained here) and the economy hammered us from the very start. It is not enough that we are in vast company these days (financial dire straights)... our downhill slide began as I said about 2 years ago. I recently got back on with the government and fully intended to get caught up as we get back on our feet... and the repo man knocked on our door this evening.

Getting back on our feet has meant moving from California to this State (to get the ***) which drained the finances to zero. We need prayer. We need a car. I am scouring the internet for dealers who will help us... but we need a miracle and a miracle to dig us out of this hole.

Please help us, at least pray for us. That we can continue with our household and whatever the Lord has in store for us to do to serve him!

Thank you!

John,

My husband I and will pray for you and your family. We know from experience that Christians are not immune to hardship. Twenty-five years ago we essentially lost everything we owned except, our kids, our dog, an old rusted out truck with a camper on back (our home for a few weeks), and the clothes on our backs.

God is GOOD! He will carry you through the storms of life.

johnd

Wow. That was our potential predicament about two months ago. Then the *** opening actually came through (we did our part, moved 1200 miles spent our last dime doing so and they kept coming up with delays or whoops to jump through... but as I said, I got the ***... now this... oy... )...

Thanks you for your prayers.

We are not out of the woods yet, but the prayers are helping!

God bless!

sayso

Wow. That was our potential predicament about two months ago. Then the *** opening actually came through (we did our part, moved 1200 miles spent our last dime doing so and they kept coming up with delays or whoops to jump through... but as I said, I got the ***... now this... oy... )...

Thanks you for your prayers.

We are not out of the woods yet, but the prayers are helping!

God bless!
    We moved to from Iowa to Oklahoma City. Mark got a *** three days after we got there, but we only had $150. when we left Iowa. When we got there we had about $11 left.

The interesting thing was that God actually used unbelievers to provide for us and make a way. We learned that no matter what God does take care of you and it doesn't kill you to not have any stuff.

The surprising thing is that my son (age 37) told me a few months ago that he has fond memories of those years (about 4). He said that at times he thinks he would rather live in a travel trailer than be in debt the way he is now. What he remembers is that we were happy. He said that we (his parents) taught him that no matter what happens it will be alright.

I think what he learned is that heart felt peace and contentment doesn't come from money or the things it can buy.

johnd

Default Renewed request for prayer

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    We moved to from Iowa to Oklahoma City. Mark got a *** three days after we got there, but we only had $150. when we left Iowa. When we got there we had about $11 left.

The interesting thing was that God actually used unbelievers to provide for us and make a way. We learned that no matter what God does take care of you and it doesn't kill you to not have any stuff.

The surprising thing is that my son (age 37) told me a few months ago that he has fond memories of those years (about 4). He said that at times he thinks he would rather live in a travel trailer than be in debt the way he is now. What he remembers is that we were happy. He said that we (his parents) taught him that no matter what happens it will be alright.

I think what he learned is that heart felt peace and contentment doesn't come from money or the things it can buy.
    Very true.

But I must also add going into my third year without medical insurance or a permanent ***... hiring freeze at my career path... at least I have a ***...

still, it's disheartening that the VA and free clinics consider my making just above the cut off amount for services reason enough to turn us away...

My wife has medical issues that really concern us. Now it's pay the doctors out of pocket or pay December's rent.

Please please pray for my wife's healing!!!

johnd

Please pray for our getting a car today!

Blueskies

john: prayers are on the way. Dear Lord, you know our hearts and our struggles but I am leaning on you today for john and his family. I humbly ask that you intervene on his behalf and help him and bless him with the things he and his family need today. We trust in your judgement and thank you for we know nothing can separate us from your love. Thank you Father I pray in Jesus name....Amen.

johnd

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskies View Post
    john: prayers are on the way. Dear Lord, you know our hearts and our struggles but I am leaning on you today for john and his family. I humbly ask that you intervene on his behalf and help him and bless him with the things he and his family need today. We trust in your judgement and thank you for we know nothing can separate us from your love. Thank you Father I pray in Jesus name....Amen.
    Thank you!

God is answering. We are purchasing a used pick up truck from a friend who takes meticulous care of his vehicles and at a very good price. Praise God!

johnd

Update.

Car went bye bye.

In its place a 1996 pick up truck that was well taken care of and bought with money that was miraculously put in our hands.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

johnd

Amen.

The LORD also blessed us with a transfer to a city where I can get more hours at work and a new car!

The glory of the LORD is over all the earth!

Blessed be the name of the LORD!

johnd

Very true.

But I must also add going into my third year without medical insurance or a permanent ***... hiring freeze at my career path... at least I have a ***...

still, it's disheartening that the VA and free clinics consider my making just above the cut off amount for services reason enough to turn us away...

My wife has medical issues that really concern us. Now it's pay the doctors out of pocket or pay December's rent.

Please please pray for my wife's healing!!!
    I neglected to give a praise report for this...

Thank you for your prayers, btw. My wife is doing well. We have been unable to afford doctors (just to make sure all is well) and we make just above the cut off money for clinics or VA. {sigh} Bushonomics and Obamanomics and millions of people like us just fall through the cracks set by bureaucrats. Still we are thankful for my *** and even more thankful my wife is doing well.

Praise God.
    Last edited by johnd; 10-05-2010 at 12:33 AM.

alanmolstad

I wonder how this guy ended up?

johnd

Update.

February 2014.

The Lord has been blessing.

My wife is well (thank God).

We have a car (thank God).

Pray the Lord opened doors for me to do what he wants me to.

Thanks for your time and your prayers.
    Last edited by johnd; 02-03-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Update.

February 2014.

The Lord has been blessing.

My wife is well (thank God).

We have a car (thank God).

Pray the Lord opened doors for me to do what he wants me to.

Thanks for your time and your prayers.
    Glad to hear you are doing good now.

I got laid off 2 weeks ago. I'm not in dire straits, but would like anyone to pray that God would guide me to a good *** or income tool.
    Thanks,
    TD

alanmolstad

now I have a friend who needs a car too......

he is looking on Craig's list right at the moment

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    Glad to hear you are doing good now.

I got laid off 2 weeks ago. I'm not in dire straits, but would like anyone to pray that God would guide me to a good *** or income tool.
    Thanks,
    TD
    Prayers are coming your way. Dear Father.....we humbly come to you thanking you for all you have done for us and what you continue to do for us, your children, believers in your son and his shed blood for us. At this time we are before you asking that you would lead tdidymas to the *** that you have planned for him. Grant him special blessings during this difficult time and ease any worries he might have at this time as well. We trust you Father that you will provide and thank you for always being with us and always listening to our prayers. These things we humbly pray in the name of Jesus Christ....Amen. Hope it helps and I know that the Lord will lead you to that special ***.

I am studying and need a car find Sizegenetics click here but my dad not have a enough money for that and I pray that the payments will be affordable, paid for, or come up with most of the asking price.
    Last edited by Ronin; 02-20-2019 at 11:14 AM.