Thread: What do you think people must DO to be saved?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I see you still cant get yourself to quote the rest of the story there..... Must be so hard for you to always need to edit the word of God you quote to make it agree with your views....
    A couple of questions:

1) What do you believe quoting the "rest of the story"--will do to cover up or cancel out what Christ did testify to, IE--

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Or, IOW--

1 John 2:3-4King James Version (KJV)
    3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2) What do you find as quoting scriptures to be an "edit the word of God"?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    A couple of questions:

1) What do you believe quoting the "rest of the story"--will do to cover up or cancel out what Christ did testify to, IE--

Or, IOW--

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I see you still run and hide from quoting the rest of the story....

so sad.....

It must be such a worry for you, knowing that the moment you correctly quote a bible story your views are made to look rather foolish.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post A couple of questions:

Or, IOW--

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I see you still run and hide from quoting the rest of the story....
    I'm not of the opinion that quoting the "rest of the story" somehow covers up or cancels out what the Savior testified to above. Are you?

Alan--please do make your case, but the--- taint so!!!--retorts are neither convincing nor compelling.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I'm not of the opinion that quoting the "rest of the story" .......
    ...haha... ....so silly...

You should copy/past that statement as an example of "Running in fear" of the truth....