Thread: Why So Few Martin Posters?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    johnd

Walter Martin is an important man. His locale is no longer on this earth, but in heaven with our Lord. And I have no doubt that he heard "Well done," from our Lord.

Martin held many unwilling feet to the fire of truth. He made more than a lasting impression on millions of lives, and a foot print on the back side of a lot of cults and world religions that have not recovered yet.

What I remember most about Walter was he taught that there ARE answers in the Bible and reasons why we believe what we believe. Relativism is not new. It is old as the hills. It goes by many names. Political correctness. Your truth, not mine. My god is bigger than your god. Etc. But only the Bible cuts through all the gobbledegook people use to mask themselves from the real truth.

In his high priestly prayer the Lord said thy Word IS Truth." John 17:17b

Incidentally, this is a statement from Truth Personified. "I AM... the Truth..." John 14:6a,c

Thank you, John.

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Walter Martin is an important man. His locale is no longer on this earth, but in heaven with our Lord. And I have no doubt that he heard "Well done," from our Lord.

Martin held many unwilling feet to the fire of truth. He made more than a lasting impression on millions of lives, and a foot print on the back side of a lot of cults and world religions that have not recovered yet.

What I remember most about Walter was he taught that there ARE answers in the Bible and reasons why we believe what we believe. Relativism is not new. It is old as the hills. It goes by many names. Political correctness. Your truth, not mine. My god is bigger than your god. Etc. But only the Bible cuts through all the gobbledegook people use to mask themselves from the real truth.

In his high priestly prayer the Lord said thy Word IS Truth." John 17:17b

Incidentally, this is a statement from Truth Personified. "I AM... the Truth..." John 14:6a,c
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thank you, John.
    Your dad was the first to admit that he was a sinner saved by the grace of God.. All he did for his life's work was to try to show others that simple truth.. Yes he pointed out the errors of the cults. His level of personal righteousness not withstanding.. He made it clear that that doesn't count it is the righteousness of Jesus that is important.. A dissertation such as Kingdom of the Cults is far more than anyone should need to see that He deserved the ***le Doctor Walter Martin.. I will hold him in High regard as a child of God and follow heir of life.. And Jill, you have made it your work to keep up your dad's work in this forum.. Thank you.. You too can easily be seen as a daughter of the Most High.. IHS jim

Jim,

My father was a tough New Yorker with a very soft heart. He loved the Lord and he loved people...and that's what his life was all about. If I can be just a little like him, I will be happy. Thanks for the kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Your dad was the first to admit that he was a sinner saved by the grace of God.. All he did for his life's work was to try to show others that simple truth.. Yes he pointed out the errors of the cults. His level of personal righteousness not withstanding.. He made it clear that that doesn't count it is the righteousness of Jesus that is important.. A dissertation such as Kingdom of the Cults is far more than anyone should need to see that He deserved the ***le Doctor Walter Martin.. I will hold him in High regard as a child of God and follow heir of life.. And Jill, you have made it your work to keep up your dad's work in this forum.. Thank you.. You too can easily be seen as a daughter of the Most High.. IHS jim
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

pilgrim1411

Walter produced such good looking daughters. Sorry, I've been wanting to say that for a long time.

LOL!! Pilgrim, you had us laughing like crazy with that one. Thanks for the compliment. (Glad you got it off your chest.)