Thread: What hat do you wear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Curious on this Saxon, where did he say, link or forward such reliance? Earlier on, I did spend some effort asking Alan to retrieve at least some portion in the world of academia that supports his position. But if I'm not mistaken he maintains so many have wrongly interpreted this p***age, and I suppose that includes the world of formal training. I myself have run that down to some degree and have serious reservations for the amount Alan could generate from them, that quite nearly all scholars wouldn't throw-in with Alan's view.

If anyone could, please, prove me wrong.

Mike
    hey, is this topic still ging on?

i have been a bit distracted with an issue with a Mormon guest needing a good talking to by the Mods here, and also with our Super Bowl party we held last night...so i had no clue you guys were still adding posts to this topic.

I also read the post I quoted above and I dont remember at all what I was asked to google and find for you?

If I remember correctly what we were talking about, My point is that there is no way to get the word "covering" to mean anything except "hair' in this section of the Bible.

now this topic did come up while I attended Bible school, and I know that I was able back then to find Bible scholars who supported my views.as i was not making this stuff up but rather i was just reading what they were saying and testing it to make sure it was correct.

I guess I could GOOGLE the topic to see whats out there?

But back to what i was talking about-

The veil idea was what i objected to....
    I believe the people that read this part of the bible to be only talking about women must wear a veil are wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    hey, is this topic still ging on?

i have been a bit distracted with an issue with a Mormon guest needing a good talking to by the Mods here, and also with our Super Bowl party we held last night...so i had no clue you guys were still adding posts to this topic.

I also read the post I quoted above and I dont remember at all what I was asked to google and find for you?

If I remember correctly what we were talking about, My point is that there is no way to get the word "covering" to mean anything except "hair' in this section of the Bible.

now this topic did come up while I attended Bible school, and I know that I was able back then to find Bible scholars who supported my views.as i was not making this stuff up but rather i was just reading what they were saying and testing it to make sure it was correct.

I guess I could GOOGLE the topic to see whats out there?

But back to what i was talking about-

The veil idea was what i objected to....
    I believe the people that read this part of the bible to be only talking about women must wear a veil are wrong....
    Frankly, with what you and Saxon have added to me, I have pretty much run things down for myself. I’m also fairly sure you know what Saxon’s position is. He too is a good commenter.

Interesting on the scholars! As for googling, I do that sparingly when I need additional info. But between my own hard copies of commentary and online sources, seriously, I think the hundreds of trained people behind these commentaries have been unfairly ranked.

There are several bible helps out there on the web, but I have become a fan of the one located here.
    It is very versatile, multiple commentary and fast once you get the hang of it.

I’ll continue going through the listings of posts around the board and see if anything unction’s me.
    Last edited by MichaellS; 02-04-2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Thanksgiving.

alanmolstad

I did a google search, and this was the first hit I got..

http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/11.htm

If you read the short "footnote" section at the bottom you can see that the editor of this footnote does think on this issue in agreement with what I have been saying...

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I did a google search, and this was the first hit I got..

http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/11.htm

If you read the short "footnote" section at the bottom you can see that the editor of this footnote does think on this issue in agreement with what I have been saying...
    The people behind the NIV translation.