Thread: Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash ...Really?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Note how, when the Mormon knows he cannot even hope to answer the challenge to support the claims of his weird little cult, he is forced by his damaged ego to try to hide his retreat behind the transparent scrim of lame insults and name calling.

Thank you Marvin, for living down to everyone's expectations and proving once again just how vacuous Mormonism has left you.

-BH

I guess you are sarcastically challenged. Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable. Your claim to victory when you have yet to present your claims or questions before the world just in this little pond in a bywater of the internet shows what a fantastically large and damaged ego you have.

The fact that you are banned from the very sites that could provde an answer shows that you cannot play nice with those who disagree with you.

Marvin

BrianH

BH>>Now DANCE or FLEE...

Your choice.
    Apparently, Marvin chose to FLEE. The Mormon cannot support the claims of his religion and, in true Mormon form, he arrogantly dismisses the challenge to support his "prophet's" supposedly miraculous translation as "ridiculous" and "unbelievable" and tried to make ME the topic of debate all in a vain, clumsy and transparent attempt to hide his incapacity. This is SO typical of LDS tactics.

When challenged again to get on topic and actually meet the original challenge, which he could only mock, or to at least explain precisely what is so "ridiculous" and "unbelievable" about asking him to show us why we should agree with him that 100% of all established expertise on the matter of Egyptian language, mythology, religion and literature (including the ancient Egyptians themselves!!!) are WRONG to identify these well-known idol gods as "Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety” instead of “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” ...he FLEES like darkness flees light.

This shows us all just what Mormonism is made of.

Lies and cowardice.

-BH

Last edited by BrianH; 09-24-2011 at 05:25 AM.

John T

Angry Strange Fruits Hang from your Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    I guess you are sarcastically challenged. <snip>

The fact that you are banned from the very sites that could provde an answer shows that you cannot play nice with those who disagree with you. Marvin
    YOU BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST BRIAN!
    I just checked, and there is no "suspended/banned" under his name or any of his posts.

NOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAN UP, AND OFFER AN APOLOGY?

What shall we say about the likes of Hank Saint, Richard, Priest, NRA Jeff, maclellan or other "notables"?

But you see that this is ANOTHER (sigh) derailing tactic. You guys are soo unable to deal with issues, and your derailing attempts is sooo obvious that I wonder if they train you at MTS to dodge, deflect and derail so that the obvious deficiencies of your non-Christian cult are obscured.

In this instance, there is NO real difference between what you did above, and what another poster here and on CARM did to a couple who post here. That UNNANED poster has my utmost contempt because there was no difference in his sick, sick post which attempted to destroy their marriage in order to "score some points" for Mormonism, and that is exactly what you just did to BrianH.

To say that one post of the UN-NAMED poster, and compare it with yours by saying that one is "less repulsive" than the other is to make a distinction without a difference.

Both posts demonstrate the sulfurous fruits of your religion.

(apologies to Billie Holiday for messin' with her song.)

Russianwolfe

So, JohnT, how does the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion board handle those who are banned? BrianH has bragged in the past, along with James Banta, that the LDS there couldn't take their 'honest dialogue' and banned them. So my witness is not false.

So will you man up and apologize for your false accusation?

Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    YOU BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST BRIAN!
    I just checked, and there is no "suspended/banned" under his name or any of his posts.

NOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAN UP, AND OFFER AN APOLOGY?

What shall we say about the likes of Hank Saint, Richard, Priest, NRA Jeff, maclellan or other "notables"?

But you see that this is ANOTHER (sigh) derailing tactic. You guys are soo unable to deal with issues, and your derailing attempts is sooo obvious that I wonder if they train you at MTS to dodge, deflect and derail so that the obvious deficiencies of your non-Christian cult are obscured.

In this instance, there is NO real difference between what you did above, and what another poster here and on CARM did to a couple who post here. That UNNANED poster has my utmost contempt because there was no difference in his sick, sick post which attempted to destroy their marriage in order to "score some points" for Mormonism, and that is exactly what you just did to BrianH.

To say that one post of the UN-NAMED poster, and compare it with yours by saying that one is "less repulsive" than the other is to make a distinction without a difference.

Both posts demonstrate the sulfurous fruits of your religion.

(apologies to Billie Holiday for messin' with her song.)

jdjhere

Ok Russianwolfe. Since you say to BrianH "Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable", lets take one thing at a time. Can you just answer if this one question is true or not? Thanks

There are NO Egyptian gods named “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” (not discovered in the science of Archeology). Those names appear NOWHERE in the vast archives of Egyptian literature, mythology, lore and oral tradition. Nor do they appear on any monument or on any other archaeological find. They simply do not exist anywhere in any Egyptian sources. In fact, they appear NOWHERE outside the BoA.

Is this true or false? Thanks

BrianH

So, JohnT, how does the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion board handle those who are banned? BrianH has bragged in the past, along with James Banta, that the LDS there couldn't take their 'honest dialogue' and banned them. So my witness is not false.

So will you man up and apologize for your false accusation?

Marvin
    I have never "bragged" nor even claimed to have been banned from the LDS board.

More to the point though, no one there can answer this challenge any better than you have here - which is to say, not at all. Instead you are doing the Mormon thing: trying to change the subject, using stoopid accusations, childish insults, false claims and other evasions all the while failing to address the actual topic.

Speaking of the topic, (the challenge you could only dismiss as "unbeliveale" and "ridiculous"), please answer the question. You will not escape your responsibility to do so by all your usual shallow and transparent tricks.

You don't fool anyone, Marvin. Everyone here knows that you have NOTHING. Your own behavior shows that YOU yourself know you have nothing.

-BH

John T

So will you man up and apologize for your false accusation? Marvin
    I will apologize for the parts that were wrong; I am unaware of his status on boards other than CARM, you could be right.

As to CARM, I was correct.

This is the sort of thing that happens when we are not specific, and it happens to ALL of us at one time or another.

That being said, what relevance is that to his OP?

Seems like a derailing tactic when someone posts about something extraneous to the OP, but I could be wrong on that.

BrianH

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    I will apologize for the parts that were wrong; I am unaware of his status on boards other than CARM, you could be right.
    ...But he's not. I am not banned from the LDS board. I am not banned from ANY board. More to the point, no matter how much he may wish I was the topic here, I am NOT the topic here. Its always easy to attack a PERSON, instead of dealing with the ideas on a board like this, and it is certainly easier than even trying to actually address the topic, especially when the topic proves that your so-called "prophet" was nothing but a common con artist.

As to CARM, I was correct.

This is the sort of thing that happens when we are not specific, and it happens to ALL of us at one time or another.

That being said, what relevance is that to his OP?

Seems like a derailing tactic when someone posts about something extraneous to the OP, but I could be wrong on that.
    ...But you're not. In fact that is exactly what Mormons do all over this board. They try (and sadly they frequently succeed) to derail any and all challenges to the claims of their religion off onto some irrelevant tangent, such as making accusations against those who dare to question what their leaders proclaim. That is what Mormons DO, and they do it reflexively. Its as if they cannot help themselves. They do it even after you tell the that is exactly what they will do!

-BH

John T

...But he's not. I am not banned from the LDS board. I am not banned from ANY board. More to the point, no matter how much he may wish I was the topic here, I am NOT the topic here. Its always easy to attack a PERSON, instead of dealing with the ideas on a board like this, and it is certainly easier than even trying to actually address the topic, especially when the topic proves that your so-called "prophet" was nothing but a common con artist.
    I rescind my apology

...But you're not. In fact that is exactly what Mormons do all over this board. They try (and sadly they frequently succeed) to derail any and all challenges to the claims of their religion off onto some irrelevant tangent, such as making accusations against those who dare to question what their leaders proclaim. That is what Mormons DO, and they do it reflexively. Its as if they cannot help themselves. They do it even after you tell the that is exactly what they will do! -BH .
    I used the sarcastic, roll eyes emoticon to indicate that I was being sarcastic, and that indeed, he was derailing.

BrianH

I used the sarcastic, roll eyes emoticon to indicate that I was being sarcastic, and that indeed, he was derailing.
    I know. I got that. And you are right, derailing is the quintessential Mormon tactic so evident all over this thread and all over this board.

-BH

jdjhere

RUSSIANWOLFE (Its like PULLING TEETH around here to get answers!) Sheesh!

Russianwolfe stated about BrianH: "Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable"

The question below does not fall into the "demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable" category at ALL.

So, Russianwolfe, can you just answer if this one question is true or not? Thanks

There are NO Egyptian gods named “Elkenah”, “ Libnah”, “Mahmackrah” and “Korash” (not discovered in the science of Archeology). Those names appear NOWHERE in the vast archives of Egyptian literature, mythology, lore and oral tradition. Nor do they appear on any monument or on any other archaeological find. They simply do not exist anywhere in any Egyptian sources. In fact, they appear NOWHERE outside the BoA.

Is this true or false? Are you going to answer ANYTHING??!!?? Thanks

Russianwolfe

So where do we find these names:
    Abraham 1:13

13 It was made after the form of a bedstead, such as was had among the Chaldeans, and it stood before the gods of Elkenah, Libnah, Mahmackrah, Korash, and also a god like unto that of Pharaoh, king of Egypt.
    Seems that you have a major problem here. This is the first chapter of Abraham and the only time Egypt is mentioned in this chapter is at the end when Abraham reviews the government of Egypt. The priest that attempts to kill Abraham is Chaldean not Egyptian.

Seems you and BrianH got it wrong. These are not Egyptian gods.

Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by jdjhere View Post
    RUSSIANWOLFE (Its like PULLING TEETH around here to get answers!) Sheesh!

Russianwolfe stated about BrianH: "Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable"

The question below does not fall into the "demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable" category at ALL.

So, Russianwolfe, can you just answer if this one question is true or not? Thanks

Is this true or false? Are you going to answer ANYTHING??!!?? Thanks

BrianH

So where do we find these names:

Seems that you have a major problem here. This is the first chapter of Abraham and the only time Egypt is mentioned in this chapter is at the end when Abraham reviews the government of Egypt. The priest that attempts to kill Abraham is Chaldean not Egyptian.

Seems you and BrianH got it wrong. These are not Egyptian gods.

Marvin
    Oh brother... You poor guy. Okay, lets get this straight, FIRST of all, this is an EGYPTIAN document, NOT a Chaldean document.

SECONDLY, it was YOUR so-called "prophet" who identified it as an "Egyptian" document (after someone TOLD him that is what it was, of course). So YOU are the one with the problem here, because YOU are contradicting your own "prophet".

THIRDLY, the entire document has been indisputably identified as an EGYPTIAN document by every single qualified Egyptologist who has ever commented on it, including all BOTH Mormon Egyptologists. Furthermore it has been specifically identified a pagan "breathing permit" relating directly from the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Egyptian mythology and religion where these Egyptian deities are clearly and indisputably named as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety”.

FOURTHLY, it cannot even possibly have been a Chaldean document as you just claimed, since there was no such thing as the Chaldee language in Abraham's day! You obviously do not have any idea what you are talking about and are clearly in a state of total desperation and just making up excuses as fast as you an imagine them.

Finally, it is clear that you cannot even begin to provide any reasons to think that these Egyptian deities (as identified by Smith) were REALLY Elhinah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash. Nor are there any such Egyptian deities as these. And more to the point, you yourself know that you cannot even hope to show that they were Chaldean deities either.

Your're busted, Marvin. That you have been reduced to such fantasies as you have just demonstrated to try to defend this obvious hoax only demonstrates just how desperate and vacuous your position really is.

-BH

Russianwolfe

Oh brother... You poor guy. Okay, lets get this straight, FIRST of all, this is an EGYPTIAN document, NOT a Chaldean document.
    Yes, the document is Egyptian. But I am talking about the Book of Abraham where the names you refer to comes from. And this book tells the story of Abraham. And where does the story of Abraham start?

Genesis 11: 27 ¶Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.

28 And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees.

29 And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram’s wife was Sarai; and the name of Nahor’s wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.
    Even the Bible agrees with me, the story of Abraham starts in Ur of the Chaldees.

And the Book of Abraham chapters are summarized below
    Chapter Headings or Summaries
    Chapter 1
    Abraham seeks the blessings of the patriarchal order—He is persecuted by false priests in Chaldea—Jehovah saves him—The origins and government of Egypt are reviewed.
    Chapter 2
    Abraham leaves Ur to go to Canaan—Jehovah appears to him at Haran—All gospel blessings are promised to his seed and through his seed to all—He goes to Canaan and on to Egypt.
    It tells the story of Abraham which starts in Ur of the Chaldees.

SECONDLY, it was YOUR so-called "prophet" who identified it as an "Egyptian" document (after someone TOLD him that is what it was, of course). So YOU are the one with the problem here, because YOU are contradicting your own "prophet".

It is only your ig-norance that is being contradicted here. You made the false claim that the gods mentioned are Egyptian gods. But examining the document that the names come from reveals that even the document itself identifies that place where Abraham is at the beginning is Chaldea or Chaldees. And the false priest is identified as being from Chaldea.

THIRDLY, the entire document has been indisputably identified as an EGYPTIAN document by every single qualified Egyptologist who has ever commented on it, including all BOTH Mormon Egyptologists. Furthermore it has been specifically identified a pagan "breathing permit" relating directly from the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Egyptian mythology and religion where these Egyptian deities are clearly and indisputably named as “Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety”.
    But we aren't talking about that document. You are suppose to be talking about the Book of Abraham because that is where the names come from. The Book of Breathing facsimile is not the Book of Abraham. That has been the Church's stance ever since the document was returned to the Church in the early sixties.

FOURTHLY, it cannot even possibly have been a Chaldean document as you just claimed, since there was no such thing as the Chaldee language in Abraham's day!
    And since Abraham is telling his story, what does the language or lack thereof have to do with the story that Abraham tells?

You obviously do not have any idea what you are talking about and are clearly in a state of total desperation and just making up excuses as fast as you an imagine them.

Another false claim.

Finally, it is clear that you cannot even begin to provide any reasons to think that these Egyptian deities (as identified by Smith) were REALLY Elhinah, Libnah, Mahmackrah and Korash. Nor are there any such Egyptian deities as these. And more to the point, you yourself know that you cannot even hope to show that they were Chaldean deities either.
    When the Book of Abraham clearly identifies them as being Chaldean, it is no wonder that they cannot be identified as Egyptian.

Your're busted, Marvin. That you have been reduced to such fantasies as you have just demonstrated to try to defend this obvious hoax only demonstrates just how desperate and vacuous your position really is.
    The only person busted here is you. You made a claim without examining all the evidence and now you have egg on your face. Even Joseph Smith identifies the facsimile as telling the story of Abraham in Ur of the Chaldees where, as the Book of Abraham relates, the false priests attempt to sacrifice him to the gods that you say are not Egyptian Gods. Of course not, this doesn't take place in Egypt. Why would there be Egyptian Gods in Chaldea?

Another false claim and false ***ertion by BrianH. Creating strawman arguments is not a worthy occupation by a Christian.

Once again, I have to thank Brianh for NOTHING.

Marvin

BrianH

Yes, the document is Egyptian. But I am talking about the Book of Abraham where the names you refer to comes from. And this book tells the story of Abraham. And where does the story of Abraham start?
    In "Chaldea", WHICH NAME DID NOT EXIST at the time of Abraham. Obviously Smith did not know that, or else he would not have put that name into Abraham's pen. Furthermore, the idols themselves are NOT Chaldean, but EGYPTIAN, and there is no evidence of any mention of "Elkinah", "Libnah", "Mahmackrah" or "Korash" in the Chaldean language or mythology, just as they do not exist in Egyptian. They are clearly nothing more than the products of Smith's imagination.

Even the Bible agrees with me, the story of Abraham starts in Ur of the Chaldees.
    ugh... Okay, pay attention. The story of Abraham took place BEOFRE there ever was a "Chaldea". That term did not appear until AFTER Abraham was long dead, and thus Smith's attribution of the term to Abraham, is just another manifestation of his total ignoran ce of the history of the region. Smith saw the term in the Bible and thought it must have existed in Abraham's day. But ...Genesis was not written in Abraham's day, Marvin. It was written by MOSES in Moses' day, over 400 years LATER, when there was a land known as "Chaldea" and a language known as "Chaldee". The appearance of the term in the BoA is a total anachronism, as are the appearances of several other terms.

And the Book of Abraham chapters are summarized below

It tells the story of Abraham which starts in Ur of the Chaldees.
    ...Which was not known by that name in Abraham's day. Therefore what you have is a FIRST CENTURY AD Egyptian document, putting terms from 2,000 BC into the mouth of Abraham who lived 400 years before those terms even existed. Are you at least beginning to see the problem here?

It is only your ig-norance that is being contradicted here. You made the false claim that the gods mentioned are Egyptian gods. But examining the document that the names come from reveals that even the document itself identifies that place where Abraham is at the beginning is Chaldea or Chaldees. And the false priest is identified as being from Chaldea.
    You have accused me of making a false claim. I challenge you to back that up by doing more than just puking up a programmed emotional response. I challenge you to actually SHOW US that this universally recognized EGYPTIAN document, (dating to the 1st C. AD) clearly portraying indisputable EGYPTIAN gods, well documented throughout EGYPTIAN literature, religion and mythology is ACTUALLY all about Chaldean deities (that ALSO have never been show to exist). Until you do, it will remain self-evident that it is YOU who is absolutely and totally ignoran t here.

And again, the land of "Chaldea" did not exist in Abraham's day - or actually was not known by that name in his day. Nor did the "Chaldee" language exist. Those are terms that developed long after Abraham was DEAD tracing to hundreds of years LATER. It is impossible for Abraham to have written about a people and a language that did not exist. Why can you not deal with such a simple FACT? Its because you know that this whole issue totally and completely DEBUNKS your entire religion.

But we aren't talking about that document. You are suppose to be talking about the Book of Abraham because that is where the names come from. The Book of Breathing facsimile is not the Book of Abraham. That has been the Church's stance ever since the document was returned to the Church in the early sixties.
    We are talking about the very papyrus from which the facsimiles in your BOA were clearly copied. It is THAT document that we are talking about here. YOU had better start paying attention. If you ever expect to begin to develop some credibility here you had betterlearn how to identify the at least the document in question!!

And since Abraham is telling his story, what does the language or lack thereof have to do with the story that Abraham tells?
    Because that language did not exist in Abraham's day!!

Another false claim.
    The truth of my claim is evident in the FACT that you cannot even begin to support your claims. All you can do, apparently, is whimper out stoopid, empty accusations like this one. Keep running, Marvin. Its what you Mormons do best.

When the Book of Abraham clearly identifies them as being Chaldean, it is no wonder that they cannot be identified as Egyptian.
    Again the problems you are avoiding are these:

1.) There was no such thing as "Chaldean" in Abrham's day.
    2.) The idols we are talking about have been indisputably identified as the well-known, thoroughly-documented EGYPTIAN mythical deities known as "“Qebehseneuf”, “Duamutef”, “Hapy” and “Imsety”. They appear all over Egyptian myth and are routinely observed in other "Breathing Permits" just as they appear in THIS one.

I refer you to THIS published article by LDS Egyptologist, Stephen Thompson. Read it and weep.

Here is a little taste of the doom of your religion:

The first such term, Chaldea, occurs in Abraham 1:1, and subsequently verses 8, 13, 20, 23, 29-30, and 2:4. The Chaldeans (Hebrew kasdim) were a people who spoke a West-Semitic language similar to Aramaic and who appeared in the ninth century B.C. in the land south of Babylonia, and appear to have migrated from Syria. Westermann has noted that the city of Ur could be qualified as "of the Chaldees" only from the tenth to the sixth centuries, in any case, not before the first millennium.

The second anachronistic word we encounter in the text is Pharaoh. In Abraham 1:6 we find "Pharaoh, king of Egypt." In Abraham 1:20 we are told that Pharaoh "signifies king by royal blood." There is one p***age in which the term is treated as a name, rather than as a ***le. In Abraham 1:25 we read "the first government of Egypt was established by Pharaoh, the eldest son of Egyptus, the daughter of Ham."

It goes on to detail many other such anachronistic terms and ideas in your so-called "Book of Abraham", which your prophet is said to have "miraculously" translated from a universally recognized EGYPTIAN document.

...Why would there be Egyptian Gods in Chaldea?
    As usual, you have it backwards. The correct question is, why would there be 1st century Egyptian deities mentioned in a 2,400BC Chaldean document?

Another false claim and false ***ertion by BrianH. Creating strawman arguments is not a worthy occupation by a Christian.
    What is obvious to anyone who can read is that there is nothing false about it. Until you can answer my question above, it is evident that you (and your whole religion) are pretending to hide your inability to answer the original question of this thread by this utterly transparent evasion. Had you enough sense you would be embarr***ed by your own obvious total and complete ignoranc e of the fundamental FACTS here that so totally destroy your whole argument.

Once again, I have to thank Brianh for NOTHING.

Marvin
    Just keep running, Marvin.

Just keep running. Maybe the day will come when your personal incapacity to deal with the facts will become as obvoius to YOU as they are to anyone who can at least read English, and at most, knows the basic facts of history that so clearly debunk your empty fantasies.

-BH

Last edited by BrianH; 10-02-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Radix

I guess you are sarcastically challenged. Your demands are ridiculous and your expectations are unbelievable. Your claim to victory when you have yet to present your claims or questions before the world just in this little pond in a bywater of the internet shows what a fantastically large and damaged ego you have.

The fact that you are banned from the very sites that could provde an answer shows that you cannot play nice with those who disagree with you.

Marvin
    Thank you Marvin for this laugh. If there are actual answers, it does not matter what site you go too. Of course, if your only reality is in a cult, then maybe that is how you see it. But as I said, thank you for the laugh.

akaSeerone

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Thank you Marvin for this laugh. If there are actual answers, it does not matter what site you go too. Of course, if your only reality is in a cult, then maybe that is how you see it. But as I said, thank you for the laugh.
    Yep....that was a good laugh except for the part where he was attacking you (and his entire reply was more or less attacking you) and saying nothing to defend Mormonism.

Well no one to date has been able to defend Mormonism; it is a hopeless task and obviously they know it, so they do all kinds of crazy stuff to try and cover up for that fact, but it doesn't work here, so I wonder why they keep trying such foolish tactics instead of paying attention to what us Holy Christians have to say so they can get right with God.

So many souls with the opportunity to get off the Highway to Hell and onto the path of righteousness, but they sneer and hiss at it and attack us instead.

Sure makes me wonder just what has become of their brains when they refuse to hear/consider the Truth when it is presented to them.

Andy

jdjhere

Russianwolfe- where do these "gods" show up in any "chaldean" archelogical finds then?