Thread: Early Church Evangelism to State recognition.

Columcille

Default Early Church Evangelism to State recognition.

Since there was in history several explosions of Christian growth, it seems to me there are two models of Christian growth to a State recognition. It took from the Apostles to Constantine that went from a minority group to majority. But the other model is the complete conversion of Ireland in a shorter period of time from St. Patrick's work of around 25 years to the 100 years after him affected by his disciples to convert all of Ireland. Both are inspired by the Holy Spirit, but circumstances were different. The first emcomp***ed a larger region that was very diverse, the later was a small country that was primarly Celtic. What Ethos do we see in the Christians of each model, how was the Logos delivery different, and what was the Pathos of the observers and audience that encountered these Christians?

Martyrdom, integrity and courage in the face of hostility, and several other factors seems foremost in the writings of these saints. I hope looking into this will encourage us in our own evangelical efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    Since there was in history several explosions of Christian growth, it seems to me there are two models of Christian growth to a State recognition. It took from the Apostles to Constantine that went from a minority group to majority. But the other model is the complete conversion of Ireland in a shorter period of time from St. Patrick's work of around 25 years to the 100 years after him affected by his disciples to convert all of Ireland. Both are inspired by the Holy Spirit, but circumstances were different. The first emcomp***ed a larger region that was very diverse, the later was a small country that was primarly Celtic. What Ethos do we see in the Christians of each model, how was the Logos delivery different, and what was the Pathos of the observers and audience that encountered these Christians?

Martyrdom, integrity and courage in the face of hostility, and several other factors seems foremost in the writings of these saints. I hope looking into this will encourage us in our own evangelical efforts.
    Hello Columcille! I noticed you posted this rather heavy consideration close to the same time you joined this forum. One might wonder how many more good postings on a Walter Martin Christian website will record thousands of views but not one response? I may find out sooner than I care to.

Well, on behalf of all the almost persuaded commenters out there who really didn’t have the many particulars you inquired over, I for one would like to comment on this.

Possibly, the majority of those views quickly picked up on your self-answered inquire in plain sight. If that was your purpose, bravo. Yet I don’t think so.

We do know the Holy Spirit’s work to advance is absolute bottom line in everything, and without Him the effort in all building is in vain. Yet this is an easy one to over-estimate the extent for love to prove everything, and by that, your inquiry. Quite fitting to allow p***age for the Lo-Eth-Pathos or cut everything disadvantageous.

Not us of course, ever mindful thanking God for His gift to raise up a blessing right under our feet.

As the Lord grants me space, I will build here too. Thanks!

Columcille

Thanks for the comment. I have been posting on Walter Martin forum long ago, as far back as 2000 I think. I know it is that long because when I started posting here, I was still a Protestant. There was a Vlad... (I don't recall the full username) who I challenged who made me look at the primary sources in context when it came to what the Catholic Church actually teaches. Anyways, I became Catholic in 2004. I am finding there is more to build in real life than in forums and chat rooms. I can share some ideas and hope to gather more ideas to build up the whole body of Christ, not just us Catholics, but all my brothers and sisters in ecclesial communities. Anyways, I have a more Byzantine perspective, but I am now a professed Secular Franciscan. It does not mean much to me, since I go for the personal support and what I consider my family. Pax Et Bonum