Thread: To Be or Not to Be a ****sexual

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Is thinking about it just as bad as doing it?
    Hello Elizabeth,

The answer is no.

Very rare are those who can master their mind in the jungle of their thoughts. Thoughts are just like involuntary spasms from your body.The discipline for your mind is something you can acquire by the prayer (a grace), meditation and spiritual experience.

Even if someone can have explicit, bad thoughts, God still loves him. We all resist to all sorts of temptations. Someone should not feel guilty for his thoughts but just forget them. The perturbation or the discomfort comes when we give too much attention to those thoughts.

Welcome among us Elizabeth.

Trinity

Trinity

I disapprove the ****sexual life style but,...

...I do not mix religion with politics. This is a dangerous mixture.

For now, the ****sexuality is in the agenda of all churches. And the political road is becoming the instrument to ostracize those people from our society. If those persons are seen like citizens of second cl***, tell me what will happen, after, with the Muslims or the Hindus who are living among us.

Just because they are not living according to our christian norms (standards), we will chase them like the poor women in the Middle Ages who were accused of witchcraft. In that time it was more easy for clergymen to burn the daughters of Eve than the sons of Adam. Anyway, that was Eve who was closer to the snake.

Are we intransigeant? As Charlin Chaplin who was chased from America by the Senator McCarthy. Are we seeing communists everywhere? What kind of love is this?

Often, my church (catholic) was accused because of his close relationship with the temporal power, but in our days, the christians evangelical are not doing better. They want to be involved into the presidency as the Catholic church wanted to be involved through a king. Where are the lessons of the history?

A christian government, with an unlimited power, in America, is the most dangerous thing in the hands of imperfect elected men. May that God protects us against this possibility.

Remember what Hitler has done to the Jews, but also to the ****sexuals, to the Jehovah Witnesses, and to the disabled people. This is the kind of society we want? And all those blacks who were hanged on a tree branch just because of the color of their skin.

A lot of Christians are harsh against the feminists. However, I have never encountered, any evangelical woman decided to give up her very legitimate right to cast a vote. All women are feminists. Even when they want a woman as president or vice-president of the United States. To say otherwise is a hypocrisy.

“I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others.”---Thomas Jefferson.

This is the guy who wrote your cons***ution.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 11-06-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Columcille

Default Not in danger yet, but the mixture is only a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I disapprove the ****sexual life style but,...

...I do not mix religion with politics. This is a dangerous mixture.

For now, the ****sexuality is in the agenda of all churches. And the political road is becoming the instrument to ostracize those people from our society. If those persons are seen like citizens of second cl***, tell me what will happen, after, with the Muslims or the Hindus who are living among us.
    The political road is not an instrument to ostracize the ****sexuals from our society, it is exactly opposite. The ****sexual interest groups are pushing themselves on our society and seeking to subvert our society. Case in point, the last two elections in California voted against gay marriage. The ****sexuals think this is uncons***utional, so they hope to appeal to the judicial system but find it presently difficult. They have in many local instances had field trips for elementary students for their marriages/civil unions, taught from books to elementary students promoting ****sexuality, and attempt to insert themselves into religion by playing the politics within denominations and exert pressures on the religious communities from politics in government. That is what their lobbyists do. To place the Christian community as the offender is simply an over-the-top ***essment. Let's face it, the media is in bed with ****sexuality as is Hollywood. What they present to the viewers is a skewed representation.

As Steve Taylor sang in "Meet the Press"

When the ratings point the camera's eye
    They can state the facts while telling a lie.

I think the questions raised by you is not yet able to be staged. Going back to the Salem Witch trails is not possible in such a secular society that we live in today. I see more an attack on Christianity than the other way around. Of course, there are bad apples among us. But I do not think any Christian here, worth their salt, would advocate physical harm on the ****sexual. Such a person would be a professing Christian, and if they are unrepentant, certainly not in favor of our Lord. To better demonstrate how bad it is, I offer you this website:
    http://www.gaycatholicforum.org/
    And I want hear you tell me that there is no ***ault on Catholicism internally by such advocates!

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    The political road is not an instrument to ostracize the ****sexuals from our society, it is exactly opposite. The ****sexual interest groups are pushing themselves on our society and seeking to subvert our society. Case in point, the last two elections in California voted against gay marriage. The ****sexuals think this is uncons***utional, so they hope to appeal to the judicial system but find it presently difficult. They have in many local instances had field trips for elementary students for their marriages/civil unions, taught from books to elementary students promoting ****sexuality, and attempt to insert themselves into religion by playing the politics within denominations and exert pressures on the religious communities from politics in government. That is what their lobbyists do. To place the Christian community as the offender is simply an over-the-top ***essment. Let's face it, the media is in bed with ****sexuality as is Hollywood. What they present to the viewers is a skewed representation.

As Steve Taylor sang in "Meet the Press"

When the ratings point the camera's eye
    They can state the facts while telling a lie.

I think the questions raised by you is not yet able to be staged. Going back to the Salem Witch trails is not possible in such a secular society that we live in today. I see more an attack on Christianity than the other way around. Of course, there are bad apples among us. But I do not think any Christian here, worth their salt, would advocate physical harm on the ****sexual. Such a person would be a professing Christian, and if they are unrepentant, certainly not in favor of our Lord. To better demonstrate how bad it is, I offer you this website:
    http://www.gaycatholicforum.org/
    And I want hear you tell me that there is no ***ault on Catholicism internally by such advocates!
    I do not understand why they have referendums on this issue first. According to your cons***ution the state and religion should be separate. Also, the verbal violence always precedes the physical violence. This is not a new thing. People who are irritated from the two sides of the fence are immature. They condition their mental to a hatred confrontation, in an unbalanced emotional state. Because someone believes differently, they are irritated and they want to crush him. They are murderer into their heart. This is most of the time dormant in individuals but, this can bust collectively. In a small group (soldiers or policers who are committing atrocities) or a large mob (riot). A democratic society is not a guaranty for peace. Peace begins into the heart first.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 11-17-2008 at 01:03 PM.

sayso

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Hello Elizabeth,

The answer is no.

Very rare are those who can master their mind in the jungle of their thoughts. Thoughts are just like involuntary spasms from your body.The discipline for your mind is something you can acquire by the prayer (a grace), meditation and spiritual experience.

Even if someone can have explicit, bad thoughts, God still loves him. We all resist to all sorts of temptations. Someone should not feel guilty for his thoughts but just forget them. The perturbation or the discomfort comes when we give too much attention to those thoughts.

Trinity
    I think Jesus would disagree with you.

Matthew 5

27 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY';

28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 15

18 "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.

19 "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

Leslie

Keep in mind that it is not a sin to be tempted, unless you're willing to say that Christ sinned. It says that he was tempted in ALL ways, but was without sin.

I think Martin Luther was right here when he said something to the effect of "I'm not responsible for the birds that fly around my head, but I am if I let them nest in my hair." Or something like that.

It's not a sin to be tempted, but it is a sin to give heed to that temptation and dwell on those thoughts.

sayso

Elizabeth's question was:

Is thinking about it just as bad as doing it?

I didn't read her question as asking is it bad to be tempted.

To say no, (imo) gives the impression that a person is only committing a smaller offense by entertaining sinful thoughts as long as you don't act on them. There are no lesser sins that aren't as bad.

I agree, it is not a sin to be tempted with a bad thought. But people regularly thinking and getting enjoyment from those thoughts will eventually act on them.

Philippians 4

7 And the peace of God, which surp***es all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Trinity

Hello Sayso,

Quote Originally Posted by sayso View Post
    I agree, it is not a sin to be tempted with a bad thought. But people regularly thinking and getting enjoyment from those thoughts will eventually act on them.
    Into the normal conditions the length of a temptation (bad thought) can vary between 5 to 7 minutes. To be exposed more than this period of time is definitely a critical zone. Usually, after this length of time our mind is shifted on something else.

Concerning lust, I am more of the opinion that Jesus was referring to a state of desire as what happened between King David and Bathsheba.

Welcome into the Trans-Siberian train. I am wishing you a very comfortable travel among us.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 11-09-2008 at 10:59 AM.