Thread: The Thief

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

I will now go over what I had written in more detail and add any new comments that might draw-out in a more clear maner what it is Im teaching.

in the body.....this part of my post I believe was in responce to the suggestion that Christ had not entered into heaven at his death.
    Wht Im saying here is that -in agreement with the Scripture that teaches that to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord, that Christ at the very moment of his death was with the lord....yet his body was still on the cross and then in the tomb.

Then after the resurrection Christ 'arove" and ebtered into the kingdom of heaven in a body of flesh and bone.
    This is what the Bible teaches will also happen to us too.

When we die our body goes into the dirt and our spirit goes to be at home with the Lord.
    Then in the resurrection we will return with the Lord and rise up out of the grave in a body of flesh and bone.

......LOL.....Jesus went up to the father in his body after many days of talking to us....

but the spirit of Christ was with the lord at his death.
    .....here I am talking about the fact that Christ died on the cross after he sent his spirit to the father.
    His dead body still hung on the cross, but his spirit was with the Lord at his death.

the same will happen to us too.
    ...As I have said before, Christ is the example of what our own resurrection will be like.
    His is our only guide.

when i die my body will go into the dirt but my spirit will go to be with the Lord.
    then when the lord returns i will rise up from the grave....and then meet the lord in the air so that where jesus is i will also be.
    ...this is the teaching of the Bible and always has been.

so that is why we think of jesus as being our only example of what our fate will be...No new teaching that anyone might dream up or claim to have received can disagree with what we have already been given in our example with the resurrection of Christ.

TrueBlue?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I will now go over what I had written in more detail and add any new comments that might draw-out in a more clear maner what it is Im teaching.

in the body.....this part of my post I believe was in responce to the suggestion that Christ had not entered into heaven at his death.
    Wht Im saying here is that -in agreement with the Scripture that teaches that to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord, that Christ at the very moment of his death was with the lord....yet his body was still on the cross and then in the tomb.

Then after the resurrection Christ 'arove" and ebtered into the kingdom of heaven in a body of flesh and bone.
    This is what the Bible teaches will also happen to us too.

When we die our body goes into the dirt and our spirit goes to be at home with the Lord.
    Then in the resurrection we will return with the Lord and rise up out of the grave in a body of flesh and bone.

......LOL.....Jesus went up to the father in his body after many days of talking to us....

but the spirit of Christ was with the lord at his death.
    .....here I am talking about the fact that Christ died on the cross after he sent his spirit to the father.
    His dead body still hung on the cross, but his spirit was with the Lord at his death.

the same will happen to us too.
    ...As I have said before, Christ is the example of what our own resurrection will be like.
    His is our only guide.

when i die my body will go into the dirt but my spirit will go to be with the Lord.
    then when the lord returns i will rise up from the grave....and then meet the lord in the air so that where jesus is i will also be.
    ...this is the teaching of the Bible and always has been.

so that is why we think of jesus as being our only example of what our fate will be...No new teaching that anyone might dream up or claim to have received can disagree with what we have already been given in our example with the resurrection of Christ.
    I was mainly referring to the idea that the Father is a separate and distinct being from our Lord Jesus Christ. Making two beings one will, and only because Christ freely subjects a separate will all His own to the Father's will. That Christ has always been a separate and distinct being with His own will apart from the Father.

alanmolstad

I talk about the concept of the Holy Trinity like this...that Jesus is the 2nd "person" of the Trinity,
    Jesus is not the Father, nor is he the Spirit,,,yet with the father and the Spirit Jesus is worshiped as the one true God....

alanmolstad

and so.....

This is why I posted the words - "but the spirit of christ was with the lord at his death"

For this is in agreement with the scripture that says at Luke 23:46 "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."....