Thread: It appears that this forum is being SPAMMED

Default It appears that this forum is being SPAMMED

No wonder a lot of Christians don't come here anymore - look at who is spamming the forum. Some Mormons do like to discuss things; others just like to see their name all over the place.

I say, let the spammer be saved by his works!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Good to see you posting Apologette.

I take little breaks here and there. I've mostly tried to post in the Apologetics and Biblical Archaeology sections.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post

I take little breaks here and there. I've mostly tried to post in the Apologetics and Biblical Archaeology sections.
    Hi! I post mostly on CARM - the place where (formerly) the Mormon, dberrie, goes on and on about how his works are saving him and how Satan is a real god. Dberrie's obsession with two topics (how he's saved by works and how Satan is a real god) were finally stopped on CARM, while a good Christian, blah, blah, blah, is no longer allowed to post here.
    Last edited by Apologette; 03-30-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post

I guess they don't have a BoM archaeology section since there isn't any.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

I guess they don't have a BoM archaeology section since there isn't any.
    Ancient gold plates for a written record: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...re-id516351136

Christianity in early America: http://www.hsp-aztec.com/CHRISTIANS_...E_COLUMBUS.htm
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

It appears that this forum is being SPAMMED
    you may be right. someone appears to be re-posting diatribes here, that he or she is getting from another "ministry's" site.

so, yeah....looks like there is a spammer in our midst
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    you may be right. someone appears to be re-posting diatribes here, that he or she is getting from another "ministry's" site.

so, yeah....looks like there is a spammer in our midst
    Actually, I just did simple google searches. Looking at my google history, I looked up:

1. "Ancient writings written in gold." I then looked at images for what looked like authentic writings on gold and posted.

2. "Christians in American before Columbus."

You will find both sites pop up easily. But if they have been posted before, you could easily verify that they are real sites easily found--which only tells me that when you or others accuse Mormons of having no historical evidence outside of our own beliefs, that you have never bothered to do a simple google search to see if you could find something outside of both your propaganda sites or ours.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Actually, I just did simple google searches. Looking at my google history, I looked up:

1. "Ancient writings written in gold." I then looked at images for what looked like authentic writings on gold and posted.

2. "Christians in American before Columbus."

You will find both sites pop up easily. But if they have been posted before, you could easily verify that they are real sites easily found--which only tells me that when you or others accuse Mormons of having no historical evidence outside of our own beliefs, that you have never bothered to do a simple google search to see if you could find something outside of both your propaganda sites or ours.
    don't worry, it wasn't your posts I was referring to. you haven't been creating threads in this forum, attacking mormons, that were first created on another site that attacks mormons
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

alanmolstad

No wonder a lot of Christians don't come here anymore - look at who is spamming the forum. Some Mormons do like to discuss things; others just like to see their name all over the place.

If anyone is starting to fall into the lazy trap of always copy/pasting from another site onto our message board, they should stop.
    That is considered spam on this message board.
    Spamming is against the rules .

I have warned members of this forum against doing this very thing about a month or so ago.

lets not post things in such a way as to even give the appearance of being spam.

Now I understand that there is just a lot of information out there on the world-wide web, and I understand that members simply may wish to share some things that they have found, but I have also noticed that some members are doing a lot of posting of comments that do in fact resemble a bit too much, word-for-word their comments that they have posted before....sometimes from weeks ago......and on this board yes that is considered "spamming".

Now how do we get rid of the spamming?
    We can report it when we see it.

If any member of our forum thinks that they are seeing something posted that might be considered "spamming", please report it.
    Give the clear location of the suspected spamming posts,

You can also send me a personal message.

We also can watch what we post ourselves to make sure we do not post a comment that might look to others that we are spamming the forum.
    We can make an extra effort to post our own original thoughts.
    We can watch out that our posts do not appear too much like something else we have posted before.
    And we can try to keep our posts on topic and not allow ourselves to get side-tracked.

What is not "spamming"?
    Remember, if a person is just posting material that you disagree with, this is not spamming.
    Members should feel free to post whatever they wish on whatever topics they have an interest in , and enjoy their time on this forum.
    As long as all posts fall within the guidelines of the letter and spirit of our rules.
    So posting a strong argument, is not spamming.
    Posting to support as different religion is not spamming.
    Being wrong is not spamming.
    Posting many times on many different topics on the forum your own original comments, is not spamming.
    Being busy here, and spending a lot of time posting your views (as long as you are not attempting to bury a topic under a pile of your posts), is not spamming.

You just cant show up out of the blue and say, "Hey that other guy is spamming the forum!" and then when asked by the Mod, "Where?" and have nothing specific to point to.

Being simply angry at another guest on another message forum does not make that other guest guilty of spamming here.

What is spamming?
    Spamming is considered to be copy/pasting of the same material over and over, rather than writing your own original material.
    Spamming is considered to be posting a lot of pointless comments that don't add to the conversation.
    Spamming is considered to be posting in an effort to get people side-tracked and off-topic.
    Spamming is considered to be attempting to get people to visit other sites.

Spamming shows other members of this board bad manners.
    Spamming shows other members disrespect.
    Spamming is lazy.

Thus I encourage members to always try to post showing good manners, and in a style that will not give others the appearance that they are spamming at any time.
    Make the effort to keep each of your posts looking original and you wont have the appearance of spamming the board.

(In other words, don't get yourself banned just because you got lazy)
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-30-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Got news for you, the case isn't closed and spamming is what dberrie is doing here. Don't be foolish. If anybody has half a brain they can see that. Posting the same Bible verses out of context over and over is spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming - duh! I came here last night ust to see, and every thread was responded to by dberrie who teaches that Satan is a real and powerful god and will rule over an everlasting kingdom. Besides hating salvation by grace through faith, this dberrie (who claims to be a Mormon) has beliefs about Satan that FAIR has told me are NOT Mormon. So, take it from there.
    Last edited by Apologette; 03-30-2017 at 08:39 AM.

alanmolstad

I would hope that from now on all members are making sure their posted comments do not appear to be spamming.

dberrie2000

[B]No wonder a lot of Christians don't come here anymore - look at who is spamming the forum. Some Mormons do like to discuss things; others just like to see their name all over the place.
    I say--let the Biblical witness be believed:

John 14:21-24---King James Version (KJV)
    21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
    22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
    23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I say--let the Biblical witness be believed:

John 14:21-24---King James Version (KJV)
    21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
    22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
    23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
    Be careful Dberrie, members here do not want a scripture response. Especially if you have brought it up before as a response to their attacks on our beliefs

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Be careful Dberrie, members here do not want a scripture response. Especially if you have brought it up before as a response to their attacks on our beliefs
    As amazing as it seems--I am beginning to believe that is true. That is still fantastic to me--threatening to ban me because I use the Biblical scriptures too much, or not in accordance with their desires.

IOW--either use the scriptures to their advantage, or the way they want them used, and sparingly--or don't use them at all. IMO--something that can't possibly be interpreted as Christian. Christians receive the Word gladly, not begrudgingly.

alanmolstad

just to be clear dberrie2000, ...Spamming means to post something in a manner that is against the rules.

"Spamming" is to attempt to post comments in a manner as to drown a topic's conversation.
    So it can in fact be anything....even posting over and over things lifted out of the Bible.

If you post anything in a manner that appears to be an attempt to smother a topic's flowing conversations, then you are guilty of spamming and that means you have broken the rules.

We had a guy here a few years back that for some reason would post a monster-size quotation out of the Bible....whole chapters...
    He was warned that he could just give the listing rather than posting word-for-word the whole chapter, but he did not listen.

I remember near the end (yes he got booted from here) that in one conversation he was in on the book of Revelation, he posted a bunch of posts that showed us that he was attempting to post the whole Book Of Revelation!

This had the effect of drowing the conversation....whole pages of the topic were added for no reason...the other people in the forum were being pushed out of the flow of the conversation underneath the monster-size posts he was adding to the forum.

He started to do this on other topics too.....he would respond to any question or any comment by posting whole sections of the Bible.

He was warned...

He did not listen...

He did not last long...

So the lesson then we can take from that experience is that while there is no problem with posting quotations from the Bible, and no problem with listing a verse where a subject is talked about in the Bible, we also have to keep in mind that we do all things in keeping with the letter and spirit of the forum's rules.

Posting in-line with the forum's rules shows respect for the owner of this forum as well as to other members here.

Thus, posting long things, or posting the same thing over and over is spamming, and it is against the rules.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-18-2017 at 06:57 AM.

alanmolstad

another thing that is clearly spamming, is to be posting things over and over that are clearly lifted from some other site.

Posting things that have nothing to do with a topic is spamming.

Posting things that are clearly aimed at drumming up hits at another website, is spamming.