Thread: Are you ***ured of salvation?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jean

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    So do you believe in the old baptist saying "once saved, always saved"?

Does that mean that I could go out and sin, not repent over them, get hit by a car and then die and go to heaven?
    I don't believe the 'once saved' concept. the Bible teaches we are being sanctified daily. We also sin daily. Even when we don't intend to.
    I depend on the Lord's mercy and love. He is my best friend, I know He is with me at all times. the Lord is with you also. Tell Him you love Him.

jean, p2

Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by jean View Post
    I don't believe the 'once saved' concept. the Bible teaches we are being sanctified daily. We also sin daily. Even when we don't intend to.
    I depend on the Lord's mercy and love. He is my best friend, I know He is with me at all times. the Lord is with you also. Tell Him you love Him.

jean, p2
    Well, I don't agree that we have to sin EVERY day, because I think part of Sanctification is the strength and ability to resist sin. I don't believe that it means that we no longer are capable of sinning though. I know I fail God and sin, but there are times where I lay down my head at night with a clean spirit and Conscience and just know that all is right. At other times I'm convicted of something and know that I need to repent of whatever it was.

I'm telling ya though, it's the best feeling ever when you know that you don't have to pray for forgiveness at night and you can just concentrate on praising God and worshipping him. Those are the nights that I sleep the best on.