Thread: The Calvinist-Arminian debate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

#1 - Man has Free Will

and yet at the same time and without confrontation or contradiction:

#2 - God is sovereign.

Both ideas are 100% true

God is in control of my life, and it is no accident that im saved, while at the same time I have free Will.
    For even my Free Will is no accident, but was predetermined to me before the world was made by God.

So that is how we all have Free Will within the rule of God over His universe.
    If you have a chance, and still don't understand how man's free Will works?,,,try to read my example of being on a big ship and having freedom to walk and stand and sit, and many things that have nothing to do with the control of the ship and its direction.

Does man have the ability to do what god has asked?
    If he cant there would have been no point in God asking us to do things we cant do.

So there is nothing physically or mentally limiting about humans that keep us from following what God has told us to do.
    But we should never mix up the "ability" to do something with the "likelihood" of it happening.

God has asked us to do things , to be sure.
    But nothing He has asked us to do is actually beyond our abilities....
    I think we all see that any god that asks his children to do more than they ever could do, and then sends them to hell when they fail is a monster.

Does a good father demand his children do things he knows that can never do? ( would a father ask his baby to change a car tire?)....and when they give their effort to do what is well out of their ability to do, would a good father punish them for their failure?....(would a father spank the baby for being unable to change the car tire?)

no?...

Then how could a loving God ask His children to do things he already knew they were not able to do?
    Would hell even exist if we were not free-willed creatures?......

I dont think so....LOL

This means that the proof that we have Free Will is found in the creation of a Hell....
    For I think we all know that a god that would create a Hell would not sentence people to burn forever in its fire unless the person had the free will and could have chosen to act in a manner that would have allowed them to another fate.

a loving god could not create men with no free will, and then send them to hell for being unable to do things they were not able to do anyway......

God's justice demands humans have Free Will.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-02-2011 at 04:36 AM.