Thread: Grace Controversy!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Saxon

We cannot understand God's point of view (See Isaiah 55:8 and 9)

Delving into what we cannot understand only serves to confuse the subject.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    We cannot understand God's point of view (See Isaiah 55:8 and 9)

then we cant be judged....

Saxon

We are not judged on the basics of our inability to understand God, at his level, but on our actions in time, in accordance with what God has revealed to us at a level of our capability to understand. Your argument is still invalid.

alanmolstad

when I send a child to the store, and they come back from the store with the wrong thing,...then I cant blame them for this unless I made it very clear to them what I wanted.

If I hid anything from them , then I cant blame them for not understanding ...and for failing to bring me what I wanted.

Saxon

Are you suggesting that God somehow didn't tell us something? God told us what we need to know at a level that we are capable of understanding. If he had told us at his level or point of view then you can be sure that we would never understand. Look and read what Isaiah 55:8-9 is saying then you explain to me what you think it is saying.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.