Thread: Why we take it literally.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

My personal conclusions?

I believe that the Genesis story works hand-in-hand with evolution.

I believe the Text supports the idea that the universe is billions of years old.

I believe that even the account of the creation of man fits within the teachings of evolution.

I believe the word "day"in Genesis has many meanings, and among the meanings supported by the Genesis text is the idea that a "day" can talk to us about an unknown amount of time....

I believe that the first 6 days of the Creation week all have nice clear endings, and this points us to the fact that in the Bible there is not even a hint that the 7th day of the creation week has had an ending.

I believe that right now, as we have this conversation, we are still in the middle of the 7th day of the creation week....

another conclusion I have come to is that some YEC believers simply will refuse to open their Bibles and read what is says in black and white once they start to discover what the text actually says there.

The very first time I stood up in my Sunday school cl*** and asked (following the ORIGINS cl*** taught by Ken Ham) I asled the cl***, "What does the Bible say God created first "In the beginning"?.....I ran into some people that after checking the text , would not answer that question.

I ran into people that wanted to defend their YEC ideas so baddy that they would close their bible in front of me and tell me, "I dont care what it says there Alan, I know what it means".

The conclusion I came to after seeing this type of thing happen over and over is that There is none so blind as he who shuts his eyes and will not see....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-21-2014 at 05:07 AM.