Thread: dberrie says that Satan is a real god!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Apologette, will you please give your definition of a "real god"?

This is actually a very good question to ask...

Walter Martin used to say that the first thing we need to do when we seek to convert people is to "Define your terms"

There are so very many terms like "god", "Jesus", "baptize' "holy Spirit" that mean one thing in one religion, and a totally different thing in another religion.

So a good place to start is to ask people to define their terms....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    This is actually a very good question to ask...

Walter Martin used to say that the first thing we need to do when we seek to convert people is to "Define your terms"

There are so very many terms like "god", "Jesus", "baptize' "holy Spirit" that mean one thing in one religion, and a totally different thing in another religion.

So a good place to start is to ask people to define their terms....
    Alan, it is good to chat with you again.

I agree, it is good to define terms as I am not even sure what is meant by "real god" (little "g").

I will give you the definitions that you mentioned as I understand them:

1. god (little g): ruler, judge, idol, graven image.
    2. Jesus: God, Son of God, Redeemer, Savior of mankind, the only begotten Son of the Father. The One who was born of Mary, died on the cross, and was resurrected and whom without no one can be saved.
    3. baptize: to be reborn, immersion in water, outward manifestation of an inward commitment to follow God.
    4. Holy Spirit: Holy Ghost, third member of Godhead, bears truth of Jesus Christ.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?