Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adam in the Garden

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    CULT - "Alan you said that Jesus was God, but then you said that he died, so you believe God died?"
    ALAN - "No, God did not die"

C- "So Jesus is not God and you admit this!"
    A - "Jesus is God"

C- "But you just said God did not die, so you believe Jesus if he is God did not die?"
    A - "Jesus died"

C-"You said God cant die, now you say Jesus was God yet you also say he died? That is a clear contradiction!
    A - "The human nature of Christ did die, but the divine nature of Christ cant die"

C- "There you just said another contradiction, you just said that Jesus could not die!"
    A - "That is not what I said"

C - You dont believe Jesus was God and I can quote you, for you said "No, God did not die"and then you said "Jesus died"
    A- "I think if you look at my quotes in their correct context you will see I was talking about the two very different natures that Jesus has. Jesus has a Divine nature and a Human nature.
    The Divine nature is eternal, the human nature was born mortal so Jesus could die.

It's just so amazing how I seem to know what the CULTS will say before they do. ..

dberrie2000

It's just so amazing how I seem to know what the CULTS will say before they do. ..
    Still waiting on your response:

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.
    Why didn't God possess eternal life before His mortality?

alanmolstad

see post # 50

dberrie2000

see post # 50
    Peruse as one may--you have not explained why God did not possess eternal life BEFORE His mortality:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.

alanmolstad

see post #78

dberrie2000

see post #78
    Post #78 won't explain why you don't believe God possessed eternal life before His immortality:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.

alanmolstad

CULT - "Alan you said that Jesus was God, but then you said that he died, so you believe God died?"
    ALAN - "No, God did not die"

C- "So Jesus is not God and you admit this!"
    A - "Jesus is God"

C- "But you just said God did not die, so you believe Jesus if he is God did not die?"
    A - "Jesus died"

C-"You said God cant die, now you say Jesus was God yet you also say he died? That is a clear contradiction!
    A - "The human nature of Christ did die, but the divine nature of Christ cant die"

C- "There you just said another contradiction, you just said that Jesus could not die!"
    A - "That is not what I said"

C - You dont believe Jesus was God and I can quote you, for you said "No, God did not die"and then you said "Jesus died"
    A- "I think if you look at my quotes in their correct context you will see I was talking about the two very different natures that Jesus has. Jesus has a Divine nature and a Human nature.
    The Divine nature is eternal, the human nature was born mortal so Jesus could die.

dberrie2000

A- "I think if you look at my quotes in their correct context you will see I was talking about the two very different natures that Jesus has.
    Why didn't Jesus Christ possess eternal life before He became mortal?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Why didn't Jesus Christ possess eternal life before He became mortal?

The person in the Bible called Jesus Christ is fully God and Full man.
    as Fully God,the WORD of John 1:1 had eternal life before the incarnation.
    as fully human, the humanity of Jesus Christ did not exist before the incarnation.

So when speaking of his human nature Jesus did not have eternal life before the incarnation.
    Just as when speaking of his nature as God, Jesus Christ had eternal life before the incarnation.

Its that simple....

This is why when I challenged you to find a quote where I said that "God" did not have eternal life you failed to find one...

This also is why my post number #82 above is so important and shows us the error you make in your questions.

This is the common error found in the minds of members of the CULTs like the JWs , who every time I say that "Jesus is God" they twist things around in their minds and think I have said, "Jesus is the Father" and so go on, and on, and on attempting to prove to me that Jesus is not the Father.....

and its why they get confused when I ask them to show me where I ever said that "Jesus is the father"?

They think that because I said that "Jesus is God" that Im actually saying that "Jesus is the father" and they know that to be impossible!

So whats the answer?
    so.....the answer to this is......that they have to go back and look more closely at the context of what im saying, and see the truth is my words.

Just as here with your failing to understand the concept of how the human nature of Jesus can not have eternal life before the incarnation , and yet Jesus is also God that always has eternal life.......

What you fail to understand is that Jesus is fully human as well as fully God.

This means that when we are speaking only of his human nature that we can see how his human nature did not have eternal life before the incarnation...

This does not mean for a moment that the Divine nature of Jesus was mortal....this does not mean that God did not always have eternal life.

God always has eternal life.
    The Divine nature of Christ cant die.

The human nature of Christ could die.....just as our own human nature can die and be in the grave.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-20-2016 at 10:16 PM.

dberrie2000

The person in the Bible called Jesus Christ is fully God and Full man.
    Was Jesus Christ fully man before His mortality?

1 Corinthians 10:1-4--King James Version (KJV)
    1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all p***ed through the sea;
    2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
    3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
    4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Why didn't Christ possess eternal life before mortality?

alanmolstad

Was Jesus Christ fully man before His mortality?

?
    The WORD "became" flesh.

The WORD was not always flesh...the flesh of Jesus was his at the incarnation.

The WORD was made man...the WORD was not man before this....the Word was made man and being a human Jesus could then die as man's flesh is very much mortal.

alanmolstad

Why didn't Christ possess eternal life before mortality?
    Jesus Christ has 2 totally different natures.
    In his nature as a man, Jesus was born human, and humans do not have eternal life before they are born.

But the other nature Christ has at all times is the nature as the WORD,,,,,and the WORD is God Almighty.

So because the nature of Jesus is that he is God Almighty, this also means that he had eternal life before the incarnation.
    So within the nature of his being God, Jesus did possess eternal life before the incarnation.

alanmolstad

and this is how and why Jesus could say that even before Abraham was born, "I am"

Jesus in his human nature was not around before Abraham, but because Jesus is also God, Jesus was before Abraham and is in fact, "timeless'

dberrie2000

Jesus Christ has 2 totally different natures.
    In his nature as a man, Jesus was born human, and humans do not have eternal life before they are born.
    But your claim is before Jesus was born:

Why didn't Christ possess eternal life before His incarnation? What is your evidence of that?

dberrie2000

and this is how and why Jesus could say that even before Abraham was born, "I am"

Jesus in his human nature was not around before Abraham,
    Then why do you continue to bring up the two natures of Christ whenever questioned about your statement BEFORE Jesus Christ's mortality?

What is your evidence Jesus Christ did not possess eternal life before He became mortal?

alanmolstad

But your claim is before Jesus was born:

Why didn't Christ possess eternal life before His incarnation? What is your evidence of that?
    Yes, I was speaking of the humanity of Christ...(but you already knew that.)

The humanity of Jesus did not even exist before the incarnation.

The proof that then humanity of Christ was not in existence before the incarnation is found in the words at John 1:14, where it talks about the WORD "14 The Word became flesh"

There is your proof that the WORD was not always flesh, for it tells us that the WORD "became" flesh....

This is the moment that the person of Jesus became human .

So this does not mean that Jesus was not God
    This does not mean that Jesus did not have eternal life.
    For we know that Jesus is God, and God is eternal life and beyond time.

This is why I have never said as you claimed that "God" did not have eternal life.

But the teaching of the Bible and of the Christian church is that Jesus has two natures...

He is both eternal as God..
    and was born mortal as man.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-21-2016 at 05:00 PM.

alanmolstad

Then why do you continue to bring up the two natures of Christ whenever questioned about your statement BEFORE Jesus Christ's mortality?

?
    In order to correctly answer your question I must point out that Jesus has 2 natures.

Jesus is fully God

Jesus is fully man.

When talking only about the human nature of Jesus we say that he did not have eternal life in his humanity iuntill after the resurrection>

and...

When talking about his Divine nature as God, the Lord Jesus had eternal life before the incarnation.

So are you asking me about his divine nature or his human nature?

dberrie2000

Yes, I was speaking of the humanity of Christ...(but you already knew that.)

Alan--you are not making a lot of sense.

If the humanity did not exist before Christ's Incarnation--then you could not have been addressing the humanity of Christ:

Why didn't Christ possess eternal life before His incarnation?

alanmolstad

Alan--you are not making a lot of sense.

If the humanity did not exist before Christ's Incarnation--then you could not have been addressing the humanity of Christ:

I believe if you check I am addressing the human nature of Christ.

I believe if you check any of my posts I do make it very clear when Im addressing the divine nature and when Im addressing the human nature of Christ,.

The Divine nature of Christ is everlasting and has eternal life
    The human nature of Christ is something that the WORD "became" and was not around before the incarnation..,..and thus it was not from everlasting and did not have eternal life "until" after the resurrection.

Thats how this works....

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View PostYes, I was speaking of the humanity of Christ...(but you already knew that.)

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostAlan--you are not making a lot of sense.

I believe if you check I am addressing the human nature of Christ.
    That only places you in double jeopardy:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post The humanity of Jesus did not even exist before the incarnation.
    Again--your post:

If the humanity did not exist before the incarnation--then you could not have been addressing the humanity of Christ in your above post.

So, again--why didn't Christ possess eternal life before His humanity?

alanmolstad

I think if you check I was addressing the humanity of Christ when I talk about Jesus not having eternal life before the resurrection...

just as when I talk about Jesus always having eternal life Im always talking about his divine nature...

Its that simple...

dberrie2000

I think if you check I was addressing the humanity of Christ when I talk about Jesus not having eternal life before the resurrection...
    If you check--your testimony was before the humanity of Christ:

Alan--there is one thing I think all are wise to remember--cyberspace does not forget.

You have yet to engage the question--why didn't Christ possess eternal life before His mortality--as you testify to above?

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post The humanity of Jesus did not even exist before the incarnation.

alanmolstad

why didn't Christ possess eternal life before His mortality--?
    again if you ask me about the human nature of Jesus, you will find out that according to the Bible, the human body of Jesus did not have eternal life until after the resurrection.

If you check you will also see that I always am in agreement with this sound Bible teaching.

This is the facts...
    The human nature of Jesus did not have eternal life until after the resurrection.
    The Divine nature of Christ was always with eternal life...

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Postwhy didn't Christ possess eternal life before His mortality--

again if you ask me about the human nature of Jesus,
    Please allow me to quote you:

alanmolstad

I am very disappointed that you would not drop back and answer the questions I ask you on post 36.

I find this to be a sign that you are not really all that interested in a conversation with me,as you know this was important to me and I had taken my time to make this a better conversation via post 36

a Bump.........