Thread: Why we take it literally.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    Eve was not part of the original plan.. Only after Adam became lonely and needed a help mate did the rib become Eve.

So ,how was Adam to procreate if Eve had not been necessary. ? Answer the question without any B.S.
    The answer is , was Adam told to have kids before Eve was introduced to him?......no.

before Adam or any man meets his wife we are not commanded to have children.
    before I met my wife, I was still a male....I still had all the bits I would need.
    So there is no support at all for the idea that Adam was any different than His future children.
    Once again, that idea "Fails"

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    The answer is , was Adam told to have kids before Eve was introduced to him?......no.

before Adam or any man meets his wife we are not commanded to have children.
    before I met my wife, I was still a male....I still had all the bits I would need.
    So there is no support at all for the idea that Adam was any different than His future children.
    Once again, that idea "Fails"
    The idea does fail ,because the idea was allegorical from the get go. but good try!

alanmolstad

so there is nothing in the Genesis story that can not be taken very literal...

while it is true that we can find great hidden meanings in the events of the story, we also can find very real history too!