Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Why should we pick YOURS?

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Are you referencing this?

Revelation 2:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

1 Corinthians 15:29---King James Version (KJV)
    29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
    what I do see is how mormons pervert scripture
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Are you referencing this?

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    what I do see is how mormons pervert scripture
    Hi David:

What do you find as perverted about the above scriptures? That seems like the usual retort of those whenever scriptures are posted which does not fit their theology.

David--those scriptures fit the LDS theology just fine. They have an answer for how they fit into Christianity, and the Biblical text. How do you fit them into your theology?

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Are you referencing this?

Hi David:

What do you find as perverted about the above scriptures? That seems like the usual retort of those whenever scriptures are posted which does not fit their theology.

David--those scriptures fit the LDS theology just fine. They have an answer for how they fit into Christianity, and the Biblical text. How do you fit them into your theology?

The SCRIPTURES THEMSELVES are not perverted (ONLY THE BIBLE is real SCRIPTURE, your mormon fairytale writings are not from God), but it is your PERVERTED ATTEMPTS TO TEACH them that is perverted.

For instance, you might pretend that ONLY CHRISTIANS WHO DO your manmade temple duties, send enough $$$ to your church, do enough 'home teaching' etc etc etc will be with God when they die, or that if they DO ENOUGH they will become gods themselves. . .THAT IS SIMPLY A LIE.

Your 2nd p***age YOU PRESENT AS REASON FOR YOU to baptize for the dead, IGNORING THE FACT that Paul is talking about UNBELIEVERS who were practicing that, NOT CHRISTIANS. In the previous BIBLE paragraphs it shows that those doing it DID NOT BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION, did not believe Jesus was resurrected, thus were NOT CHRISTIANS AT ALL.

AND the p***age shows Paul referring to 'THEY' and NEVER 'we.'

Your religion lies to you, berry.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    a few years ago we had a guy on this forum that also used to get himself stuck in a posting 'loop" where he would post the same thing over and over.

for a while a few other guests attempted to deal with the verses and stuff that the guy kept bringing up,,,but it was soon clear to all of us that the guy simply had nothing else to his religion.

People would tell the guy that his verses had already been dealt with "lets move on"....but the guy returned to posting the same stuff over and over anyway..

Over and over he would post the same stuff...

He would get criticized for the way it would gum-up the works around here and hold down the conversation, but he just never seemed to care.

Finally a few people had had enough of his same posts over and over.. and reported their problem with the guy's posts and requested some action taken.

and we all noticed that suddenly the guy stopped posting, or being able to post....

I heard little of the guy.....someone once told me he had gotten into trouble on a different forum, ,,for always posting the same things over and over...

You must be talking about 'dberry.'

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

You must be talking about 'dberry.'
    whenever we have to lose a guest due to their manners or rule-breaking, I always wish I could have just talked to the person one-on-one to see what their problem is?
    Why do they continue to do the one thing that they must know full well with get them trouble?

On this message forum they have such tremendous freedom to post their views...all they have to do is channel and contain their posts in such a way as to remain within the given rules.
    But some people just cant remain within the rules, no matter how much I try to get them to adjust.

Im not sure about some people...some people just seem to enjoy picking a fight...

dberrie2000

[COLOR=#0000cd]The SCRIPTURES THEMSELVES are not perverted (ONLY THE BIBLE is real SCRIPTURE, your mormon fairytale writings are not from God)
    What about the above scriptures do you feel--"are not from God"?

Hi David:

twisting what people say is not discussion but avoidance of the issue

dberrie2000

twisting what people say is not discussion but avoidance of the issue
    Hi David:

Erecting straw man arguments and avoidance of the Biblical scriptures is not what I call an engaging dialog.

Care to engage the posted scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I am not a protestant, but while you are waiting for one to respond, i want to elaborate on your logic.

logically, most people belong to the church they belong to, because they believe its teachings are superior to any other church's teachings. For Christians, they believe their denomination is closer to the teachings of Jesus' original church than the teachings of any other denomination.

this is logical because if a person believed that some other denomination had teachings that were closer to the original's than the one the person is currently in, the person would leave it and join the one he believed was closer to the original. after all, why would someone stay in a church he believed has less-correct teachings than some other church? that wouldn't be logical.

so your thread is really asking posters who belong to a protestant denomination (or a non-denominational church) this question:

"why do you think your sect has the most correct teachings of all the churches and sects currently on the earth?"

Only the cultists seem to believe that their sect/cult/religion is the most 'correct' on the earth.

We CHRISTIANS recognize that our own congregation/church/group is only one PART of the WHOLE CHRISTIAN church, the one that Jesus built.

'Johnny-come-lately' religions such as mormonism try to 'prove' they are better, but of course, they are merely each only one more cult. The utah mormons are simply one more of the 150+ lds religions. They are nothing special. They just want to add more 'religion' to their religion than other folks have. More rules, ordinances, and goals than GOD ever gave.

GOD said nothing about exalting men to godhood.
    GOD said nothing about CHRISTIANS ever 'baptizing' for the dead
    GOD said nothing about CHRISTIAN temples or ordinances

GOD said nothing about faithful CHRISTIANS 'forgetting' their doctrine, or 'losing their authority' or 'having Christ's church removed from the earth.
    God said nothing about HIS BEING ANY "EXALTED MAN" anywhere, but instead said the complete OPPOSITE.

Those are all joey smith's INVENTED RELIGION, nothing more. They are not from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    But how does this favor Protestantism? Do you believe that if Mormonism is false, then Protestantism must be true by default?

"Protestantism?" WHAT RELIGION IS THAT? WHERE IS ITS HEADQUARTERS? WHO IS ITS LEADER?

Oh that's right. . .it is the imaginary 'dumping ground' of the roman catholics, in which they dump all NON-rcc religions, INCLUDING THE MORMON RELIGION.

So the utah lds religion is a protestant religion. . .BY DEFINITION

I believe that Mormonism is false based only on the fact that Joe Smith lied and made up the whole wild story about angels and finding stuff.

This means that I believe that all Mormons worship a false god....and have a false Christ.

This means that they are unforgiven, and are still in their sins when they die...and therefore doomed.
    Joe Smith lied...He made up the whole stinking pile of ideas that he convinced others to believe in...

Joe did this for mostly 2 main reasons...
    He wanted to turn the story into a way to earn easy money.
    and,he wanted to cheat on his wife with other women.

Joe was a con man.
    AMEN! You hit the nail on the head!
    Joey was a con man!

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Well, it's been a week, and no one has offered a single reason to choose any Protestant church. Are there any conclusions we can draw from that fact?

Just that the bad phrasing of your question demonstrates your ignorance and nobody but you seems to be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But the Catholic Church is built on the truth that Jesus is the Savior and the Son of God---that's part of the church's foundational tenets or core beliefs.

and you said that Jesus stated that He would build His church on the truth that He is the Savior and the Son of God. There was and is no need for any other church to be built or restored

that means that if we believe your logic, there was no need for Protestant churches to be created.
    Your attempted 'logic' is based on a fales premise. The rcc SAYS it is built on that truth, BUT IN REALITY it is not. INSTEAD, it is built upon a bunch of manmade claptrap that they redefined and/or made up themselves.

They pray to non-gods, not the REAL GOD.
    They think their wafer/cracker/host/bread product is Jesus Christ; they don't follow the REAL Jesus hrist

BOTH junk religions, the rcc and the lds, were made by MAN, and did not come from God.

ALL of the 150+ 'lds' religions claim their church is built on that same truth.

But of course, they are not. Just like the utah mormons are not. They are just one more cult.

alanmolstad

AMEN! You hit the nail on the head!
    Joey was a con man!
    thanks!

Hi David:

Erecting straw man arguments and avoidance of the Biblical scriptures is not what I call an engaging dialog.

neither of those scripture provides instructions for humans to do those things on earth.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostHi David:

neither of those scripture provides instructions for humans to do those things on earth.
    Then you believe it is a reference to something that is being done in heaven? That it isn't man which is referred to?

Then you believe it is a reference to something that is being done in heaven? That it isn't man which is referred to?

you do not understand scripture and keep twisting my answers to fit what you want to think. I never said man was wasn't referred to. I said there is NO instruction for humans to do this to other humans.

dberrie2000

you do not understand scripture and keep twisting my answers to fit what you want to think. I never said man was wasn't referred to. I said there is NO instruction for humans to do this to other humans.
    There is no instructions--period. There is just the testimony of what one receives:

So--how do you fit that into your theology? It fits the LDS theology well.

David--most of the Christian world makes talk and speculation over things such as that scripture--but God's church fulfills those scriptures in real terms.

alanmolstad

I believe that Mormonism is false based only on the fact that Joe Smith lied and made up the whole wild story about angels and finding stuff.

This means that I believe that all Mormons worship a false god....and have a false Christ.

This means that they are unforgiven, and are still in their sins when they die...and therefore doomed.
    Joe Smith lied...He made up the whole stinking pile of ideas that he convinced others to believe in...

Joe did this for mostly 2 main reasons...
    He wanted to turn the story into a way to earn easy money.
    and,he wanted to cheat on his wife with other women.

Joe was a con man.
    now..as for what church should a person attend?...I always suggest a person go visit the local Christian churches in your local area and get a idea of where you think you might fit in and find a place.

As long as the chirstian church teaches the core teachings of the church, I think the next important thing is that the local church you become a member of is one that seems open to the type of person that you are.
    Each person is a little different, and so the church that I pick out for myself is not always going to match what you should decide to attend.