Thread: The ****sexual Holocaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    asdf

You seriously want me to believe that the word "holocaust" was used in the post-WWII era without the slightest of references to Nazi Germany? Forgive me if I find that to strain credulity.

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    You seriously want me to believe that the word "holocaust" was used in the post-WWII era without the slightest of references to Nazi Germany? Forgive me if I find that to strain credulity.
    The second definition in the thefreedictionary.com is the Jewish Holocaust. If you believe in hell fire, and ****sexual acts unrepentant leads a soul there, it is in essence a holocaust in the first definition. I am sorry if I am suppost to just discard useful definitions just because of your own ideas. I am presently listening to the mp3 and his introduction so far makes no reference to why he labeled it "****sexual holocaust." When I find any references to it, I will let you know. As far as I can tell, it seems by his presentation so far that it is referencing a spiritual darkness within "Christian churches" like the Metropolitan Community Church. As such, I am inclined so far to deduce that the first definition fits the context. If he makes a specific remark in his conclusion on side two, I will be able to inductively say that word holocaust is referencing the 1st definition. If he makes a comparison as to the Church's need to fight this darkness like fighting Nazi Germany, it one of comp***ion to evangelize the ****sexual so as to prevent the hell fire holocaust. If there is anyone doing the killing, it is Satan and his minions.
    Last edited by Columcille; 09-14-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Changed reference from MW to thefreedictionary.com

asdf

Fair enough. I find that usage determines meaning, not dictionaries. (I could point to dictionaries that define "***" as a cigarette or as kindling; it would not, of course, change the fact that in actual usage, it is a degrading slur.)

Would you by any chance be able to upload the mp3 to a file-sharing site, say box.net?

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Fair enough. I find that usage determines meaning, not dictionaries. (I could point to dictionaries that define "***" as a cigarette or as kindling; it would not, of course, change the fact that in actual usage, it is a degrading slur.)

Would you by any chance be able to upload the mp3 to a file-sharing site, say box.net?
    Only if I got permission from Jill. It is her ministry and as ministries go, they are not always loaded like Bill Gates. I think it better if you request her to put it up in the listening library. I am inclined not to share it since the ministry is still up and running. The only thing I might share is old Christian music, where the ministries are no longer current and the companies that would be en***led to profits are no longer available. If I were to find anybody who owns copyrights, I would also not share in that circumstance. Pirating is not morally acceptable and is stealing in my book. I find those ministries that no longer are available tend to want their music to be shared since it is profitable for bringing people to Christ or encouraging people to remain strong in Christ. I think the happy medium here belongs to Kevin and Jill. If I could make a donation to purchase the mp3 to send to you, should you be tight on funds, I would be glad to do that... but I will not be able to afford such until I prepare to go Iraq in December. To tell you the truth, I will probably donate sometime after December anyways, since her ministry is important to me.

asdf

Cool, thanks. I agree that the best-case scenario would be if Jill could add it to the listening library.

Columcille

Btw, I do not know if the barracks at the training site I will be going to shortly will have internet access. I will be gone for three weeks and most likely will not be chatting this Friday. If they do have wireless, I might occasionally be on. More than likely, I probably will not be able to.

TRiG

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    The second definition in the thefreedictionary.com is the Jewish Holocaust.
    Some dictionaries are organised chronologically, with the older meanings first. Others put the more common meanings first. I think you'll find that most of these dictionaries will list the Nazi's genocide ahead of anything to do with burnt offerings.

TRiG.

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by TRiG View Post
    Some dictionaries are organised chronologically, with the older meanings first. Others put the more common meanings first. I think you'll find that most of these dictionaries will list the Nazi's genocide ahead of anything to do with burnt offerings.

TRiG.
    Whether it is first or not matters little. If anything, I should think dictionaries would seperate the word altogether since holocaust is one thing and Holocaust is another. The capitalization making the word a proper noun of a specific event. At any rate, the context is important. Sometimes ***les have all the words capitalized, so you should not be judging the word by the ***le, but by the content.