Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
I am doing pretty good. I think the verses you cited are indeed the good ones to use to support the "It's 100% God and 0% me" side of the argument. And it does indeed seem to be a paradox when we look at the other verses--the ones that seem to teach that it's more like 99% God and 1% us.
That would mean there is something we need to DO to gain God's grace.. That is NOT the meaning of grace.. If there was anything we could do to save ourselves that Jesus died in vain.. It has been LDS teaching from the time of Joseph Smith that we are saved by grace only after we do all we can do.. The question is who does all they can do? Isn't there one more person we could tell about the Gospel? One more hungry person we could feed? One more lonely elder we could visit? One more dollar we could put to use in easing the burden of the poor? Every day we miss innumerable opportunities to be the hands, and feet of Jesus. Sorry but it is our nature even in our faith to fall short of God's glory.. Jesus either has to become our righteousness or we have NONE.. IHS jim