Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: What are the requirements to be a Christian?

Berean

The Bible clearly teaches that good works cannot make us acceptable to God. ***us 3:5 says, “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.”

So, a Christian is someone who has been born again (John 3:3; John 3:7; 1 Peter 1:23) and has put faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for his/her salvation.

Ephesians 2:8 tells us that it is “…by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    In the Life of a Christian such as myself, the "works" we deal with are the things that the Lord performs though us.

This is why we are advised to not 'quench the spirit" for we must always keep in mind that by ourselves we can do nothing,,,,(No works), it is the father in us that is working His will though our lives.

Our challenge therefore to the Christian is to open our hearts that it allows the Spirit to guide us in our walk, so that our lives are filled with a record of Good Works.
    I enjoy this post of mine..

dberrie2000

I enjoy this post of mine..
    I enjoyed this one:

"I don't believe the Lord is being judged here:

John 5:28-29---King James Version (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Romans 2:5-11---King James Version (KJV)
    5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
    7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

1 Peter 1:16-17---King James Version (KJV)
    16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
    17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, p*** the time of your sojourning here in fear:"

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I enjoyed this one"

Thanks....

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post I enjoyed this one:

"I don't believe the Lord is being judged here:

John 5:28-29---King James Version (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version (KJV)
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Romans 2:5-11---King James Version (KJV)
    5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
    7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

1 Peter 1:16-17---King James Version (KJV)
    16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
    17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, p*** the time of your sojourning here in fear:"
    Thanks....
    You are welcome.

Now--could you explain for us how you collate faith alone theology with the above scriptures?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    You are welcome.

Now--could you explain for us how you collate faith alone theology with the above scriptures?
    If as you read my posted comments you find something you wish me to take another look at?..just let me know.

alanmolstad

"What are the requirements to be a Christian?"......and the answer is.....to look at the thief on the cross.

Did he have any works to list?.....no

Did he have anything to show he was a believer before he was nailed to the cross?.....no

What was it that saved him?....The Thief was saved just like we all are...By GRACE thought FAITH, and not by works!

The thief had faith, and it was enough.