Thread: Are we saved by Grace, Faith or Works

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bob Carabbio

Actually the "Selfish" really don't have ANY faith at all, and "Faith" is not an "Act of the will" since the "will" cannot produce Faith - only God can through the inspiration/conviction of the Holy SPirit.

"PRESUMPTION" is an "act of the will".

Faith IS However: "following upon a conviction that to believe is a duty". Which is an awkward way of saying that GOD HAS IMPRESSED one that he should do something specific - and the TOTAL CONVICTION that: Something IS to be done, and GOD has convicted one that he is to do it is the definition of "Faith".

The "act of the will" is nothing more that the decision to be obedient (because of the Faith) to the leading of the Lord.

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
    The "act of the will" is nothing more that the decision to be obedient (because of the Faith) to the leading of the Lord.

Actually the "Selfish" really don't have ANY faith at all,...
    I am pretty sure that God had not twisted one of your arms to become a believer. The willpower is something that is not absent in a conversion. En p***ant, there is believers who are selfish, and if you never meet some, you are very lucky.

2Cor 12:20 For I am afraid that when I come to visit you I won't like what I find, and then you won't like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfishness, backstabbing, gossip, conceit, and disorderly behavior.

Jas 3:14-16 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your hearts, don't brag about being wise. That is the worst kind of lie. For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and motivated by the Devil. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and every kind of evil.

Amazingly, Paul and James, were a little bit discouraged about those christians above.

Trinity

Bob Carabbio

"I am pretty sure that God had not twisted one of your arms to become a believer."

Actually the presence of Holy Spirit in Conviction of sin, and the revelation of the total hopelessness of the human condition without Jesus is "arm twisting" of a VERY high order.

The simple fact is that WITHOUT the convicting power and faith-giving presence of the Holy Spirit NOBODY'S becoming saved. Unless you're "Drawn" by the Spirit, you're NOT coming in.