Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Biblical and historical reasons why Mitt Romney is not a Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    I think that they will see that you guys are deceptive in your answers. Especially when you say not of works but works are required. This is double speak on your part.
    I think the critics of Mormonism arguments come down to this---Mormons lie about what they believe--what we tell you they believe is really what they believe.

I think this is what Dr. Mouw was referring to when he said that he was in a room listening to Walter Martin and when a young LDS man stood up crying and said---what you say is not true, we believe that we are saved by grace and WM replied, "see how they teach them to lie?"

*sigh*
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Bottom line is just as I stated----justification comes through our faith in Christ--which includes obedience to Jesus Christ as it's integral component.

Justification is by works in your world DB. Agree?
    As Julie stated--you start these circling patterns when you have nowhere else to go.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Ephesians 2
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

According to these verses what role does works such as baptism play in your salvation?
    It is the faith which grace flows through, just as the wire is the conduit which electricity flows through.

It's not the wire that illuminates the bulb--but try disconnecting the wire from the bulb and see how much light it produces.
    Ephesians 2
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

According to these verses what role does works such as baptism play in your salvation?
    Billyray--you are in the circling patterns--please reread my post.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Billyray--you are in the circling patterns--please reread my post.
    Ephesians 2

Come on DB don't ignore these verses.

Billyray

As Julie stated--you start these circling patterns when you have nowhere else to go.
    And you say that when you can't answer my questions. It is plainly obvious.

dberrie2000

Ephesians 2

Quote:
    It is the faith which grace flows through, just as the wire is the conduit which electricity flows through.

It's not the wire that illuminates the bulb--but try disconnecting the wire from the bulb and see how much light it produces.
    Quote:
    Ephesians 2

dberrie-----you are in the circling patterns--please reread my post.
    And you say that when you can't answer my questions. It is plainly obvious.
    I say that when you start your circling pattern. What is it about my answer that you would like to inquire of me?

Circling is not a viable alternative.

Billyray

Default How about just answering my question below. That would be a nice start

What is it about my answer that you would like to inquire of me?
    Ephesians 2

Billyray

Circling is not a viable alternative.
    I know when you say this you don't want to answer my question. This is simply a diversion on your part.

dberrie2000

Ephesians 2

Quote:

I know when you say this you don't want to answer my question. This is simply a diversion on your part.
    Billyray--what is it about my answer we are not acknowledging?

Billyray

What role do your works including baptism play with salvation in light of the verses from Ephesians?

Ephesians 2

dberrie2000

What role do your works including baptism play with salvation in light of the verses from Ephesians?

Ephesians 2
    I'm going to repost my answer that I know I have given three times:

Quote:

It's emboldened above, Billyray. The same as the last three times.

Come'on Billyray. At least make it hard for me. I really need a challenge.

Billyray

It is the faith which grace flows through,
    Ephesians 2

But this verse clearly says that it is NOT OF WORKS. Baptism is a work. So why do you think baptism contributes FOR salvation?

Billyray

. At least make it hard for me. I really need a challenge.
    It is a challenge to get you to actually answer the question that was asked.

dberrie2000

Ephesians 2

But this verse clearly says that it is NOT OF WORKS.
    And it's not of faith either. It's by grace. So--do you believe that faith contributes to salvation?

dberrie2000

Ephesians 2
    dberrie----I'm going to repost my answer that I know I have given three times:

Quote:

It's emboldened above, Billyray. The same as the last three times.

Come'on Billyray. At least make it hard for me. I really need a challenge.
    It is a challenge to get you to actually answer the question that was asked.
    Yeah, right. Again--what is it about my answer to your question--It is the faith which grace flows through, --that I need to repost it four times?

You can do it, Billyray. I have confidence in you. Throw me a challenge, other than recircling the wagons.

Billyray

Yeah, right. Again--what is it about my answer to your question--It is the faith which grace flows through,
    So it is faith and not of works like it says in Ephesians.
    Last edited by Billyray; 11-19-2011 at 05:45 PM.

So it is faith and not of works like it says in Ephesians.
    No, it is grace that allows us to have faith and thereby works.

Ephesians 2

Paul understands also that faith without works is dead--so he makes it clear that it is grace that saves us.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Billyray

And it's not of faith either. It's by grace.
    When you say this I can only conclude that faith is not required.

Paul concludes it--and we conclude it as well as infants who die are saved without grace and without works.

Faith without works is dead. Grace saves. God requires faith and faith requires works.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Grace saves. God requires faith and faith requires works.
    So faith and works contribute for salvation. That is the only way I can read your statement.

So faith and works contribute for salvation. That is the only way I can read your statement.
    Well, an infant who dies does not need faith or works. So, what "contributes for our salvation" is that we give all of our might, mind, and strength to God.

Hmmm, let me get this straight. Are you saying Billyray, that a person can be saved and not give their all to God?

Billyray

Are you saying Billyray, that a person can be saved and not give their all to God?
    You expect to be exalted and not give your all to God.

Billyray

Your answer does not state what part works play in your exaltation. Could you address that for me?

Billyray

I think the critics of Mormonism arguments come down to this---Mormons lie about what they believe--what we tell you they believe is really what they believe.
    You believe that faith AND works contribute for exaltation yet you and DB are trying to sidestep this fact. Just admit it.