Asdf, In regards to quadrilateral position that you are affirming as opposed to my own position as a Catholic, what needs to be understood is the nature of Tradition. Tradition is not a contradictor of Scripture. Scripture, of course in my view, is both inspired by the Holy Spirit and affirmed by the Christian Tradition. The erosion of Tradition has lead to the denial of certain canonical books found in the O.T. and as such also eroded some doctrinal support that is wholesome. I consider mainstream Protestants to be my seperate brother and sister in Christ only when the core moral and doctrinal positions are the same. Hence, if a Protestant is against abortion, euthenasia, ****sexuality and affirms the Trinity, the incarnation of Christ, his Resurrection, and those things that unite the common Christological and theological positions of the Church, I welcome them even when they may deny me the same courtesy.

As Scripture was written over four thousand years and compiled into one binding or collection, so Tradition remains until today and into tomorrow. Scripture does not refute Scripture and Tradition does not refute Tradition; and together they only compliment each other without contradiction. Since you listed Scripture and Tradition as two parts of your quadrilateral, each must be equally inerrent for the foundation to be solid. Reason and experience can be found in both the writings of Scripture, just as we see the teleological argument about a designer in the Psalms and Prophets and the cosmological argument found in Romans 1 and even supported by reasoning in Tradition as many Christian apologists throughout history and Popes have demonstrated. St. Thomas Aquinas has done this using Scripture and quoting doctors of the Church and attempting to use the prominent reasoning of his age... subverting the Muslim philosophers who were themselves Aristotelian. I have a rich Tradition from which to back up my claims against ****sexuality and I am not sure what sort of Tradition you can back up yours.

In short, to answer your objection regarding Tradition, there is a guiding principle that does not change, regardless of the science or of popular opinion. The ecumenical council's decisions in regards to morality and doctrine have never refutiated earlier ecumenical councils, policies however can change, how we structure the details of the M*** in regards to how the priest is positioned, what sort of texts used in the reading, what kinds of clothes or vestiments are used... these change. I would think it a mistake of you to deny a position of the Church held for two milliniums in regards to the shared morality just to embrace today's media talking points and ****sexual lobbyist's playbook.