Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Break Up of PANGEA, Genesis 10:25 and Pyramids Around The World

alanmolstad

So I believe that any child with a map of the world has seen that the continents do fit and that science has traced the path the continents have taken over time.

But I do not really believe this idea is talked about in the Bible.

The verse in the Bible that the person behind this topic listed was clearly NOT TALKING about continental drift.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    So I believe that any child with a map of the world has seen that the continents do fit and that science has traced the path the continents have taken over time.

But I do not really believe this idea is talked about in the Bible.

The verse in the Bible that the person behind this topic listed was clearly NOT TALKING about continental drift.
    The only geological mention of one land m*** is inferred in Genesis where it says that all of the water was gathered into one place. If the water is in one place then the dry land must be in the other. This mind you is at the beginning so if one is not a YE and the land m*** is at the beginning there is time for it all to drift apart. But even this is a bit of Western based eisogesis.

alanmolstad

yes,,,not enough to base an idea or teaching on..

the science tells us that the earth has had many times when many of the land areas would slam into each other then split off again..

What is an idea tnhat is slightly connected to this is that i believe the Bible teaches that the earth started out originally as a dead and DRY world....not a world covered in seas.

I believe that over time the Bible tells us that the earth later became covered in water, but that is not how the earth started out.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    yes,,,not enough to base an idea or teaching on..

the science tells us that the earth has had many times when many of the land areas would slam into each other then split off again..

What is an idea tnhat is slightly connected to this is that i believe the Bible teaches that the earth started out originally as a dead and DRY world....not a world covered in seas.

I believe that over time the Bible tells us that the earth later became covered in water, but that is not how the earth started out.
    I would be interested how you get that in light of :

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the [b]surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters"

and:

"6 Then God said, “Let there be [e]an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 God made the [f]expanse, and separated the waters which were below the [g]expanse from the waters which were above the [h]expanse; and it was so."

and:

" Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas;"

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    I would be interested how you get that in light of :

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the [b]surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters"

and:

"6 Then God said, “Let there be [e]an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 God made the [f]expanse, and separated the waters which were below the [g]expanse from the waters which were above the [h]expanse; and it was so."

and:

" Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas;"
    and the answer is -

"Genesis 2"

When you read Genesis 2 you see the writer talk about a time in early earth's history before one drop of water was found on the surface.

So in other words, Genesis 2 actually comes before Genesis 1 in the timeline.

Lets read Gen 2 and see how this is -
    "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,"

Notice the writer of genemsis is introducing us to the time period he will be talking about...He says we are dealing with the "Day" that the heavens and the earth 'were created"

So what day were the heavens and the earth said in the story to be created?.....the answer is the First day!

This shows us that the writer is about to talk next about things that happened on the first day of the creation week.

Lets read on at genesis 2 -
    "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."

Yes, its a bit of a long sentence, but it is there to help confirm to the reader what time setting this next part of the story takes place.

Notice it is said to be before thje introduction of man. We have already read that man was created on the 6th day, so this shows us we are about to deal with events that took place before the 6th day.

Notice also that there are said to not yet be any plants.We can go back and check to find that plants were introduced into the story on Day 3....so we are talking about events that came before the 3rd day of the creation week.

Now notice that the writer tells us that it has yet to even rain water on the earth..
    When we check this is in agreement then with the time the wtriter wants us to have in mind as in the creation story we see water on Day 1...

So to sum this all up, the writer of the Genesis story has been very clearly telling us that he is about to talk about a time that happend on the very first day of the creation story.

Before plants, befoire man, before water.

Now lets find out where all the waters that the Spirit of God is said to be hovering over came from is they were not there all the time?

"But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."

There is how we got all the seas and the deep water that the Hpoly spirit is said to be hovering over.
    The Bible says it came forth from underground....

Notice it says this mist would go on to "watered the whole face of the ground."!!!!

So its not just a little water we are talking about...not a little soaking..But a flooding that covered the entire earth in water...the WHOLE FACE of the ground!!!!

Nothing was not under water...

it is at this point in earth's time line that the Spirit of God is said to "hover" over the waters....

Thus we can now understand that the earth was created as a dead and DRY world.

sigh... you would be mistaken
    check the new book thread to find my new books