Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LDS posters would like to compare WM to Concerned Christians

James Banta

Default LDS posters would like to compare WM to Concerned Christians

It is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous.. The LDS seem to love comparing apple with Abrams tanks.. After all they are so much alike, right???? IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    It is the truth that CC banned so many of the LDS posters that they were soon ALL gone.. But WM seldom bans anyone.. I believe that is because the postings are done with curtsey in mind and that is really all Jill ever asked of us to be, courteous.. The LDS seem to love comparing apple with Abrams tanks.. After all they are so much alike, right???? IHS jim
    "curtsey"? (are you ever going to get that word right?)

First, this is a really lame thread. You must be bored or looking for something to keep the board alive.

Second, the comparison that WM is like CC is because when Jill WAS moderating here, anti-LDS like you would run and tattle to her and whine that she ban LDS posters. Then you brag that if all the LDS were gone you and your ilk would still be here to keep the forum alive. But when all the LDS were gone from CC, it died and now I hear even Bob has been let-go from their ranks.

The comparison is not as far off as you want it to be. Sure there might be a couple people who have such sad and lonely lives that no matter what happens they will stay here and post, even to themselves, until their demise. But for all intents and purposes, this forum is pretty much dried up.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    "curtsey"? (are you ever going to get that word right?)

First, this is a really lame thread. You must be bored or looking for something to keep the board alive.

Second, the comparison that WM is like CC is because when Jill WAS moderating here, anti-LDS like you would run and tattle to her and whine that she ban LDS posters. Then you brag that if all the LDS were gone you and your ilk would still be here to keep the forum alive. But when all the LDS were gone from CC, it died and now I hear even Bob has been let-go from their ranks.

The comparison is not as far off as you want it to be. Sure there might be a couple people who have such sad and lonely lives that no matter what happens they will stay here and post, even to themselves, until their demise. But for all intents and purposes, this forum is pretty much dried up.
    Yes there are some words I do have trouble with. Spelling was always hard for me.. I have gotten better but I still have struggles.. I am sure you have understood my meaning..

I am sorry you find my thoughts so boring.. You don't have to respond if you would rather not.. I share with others what God is placing on my heart and calling that boring is to insult that source.. But you do believe that the God I worship is false anyway so you are not constrained in insulting the promptings I receive from Him.. I wouldn't want to do that but I am not you..

Yes I made reports that rules were broken.. I was rejected from MADD for life because the LDS posters there would run and tattle to the Mods and whining to them that Christian posters that stood up for the truth of the Bible should be banned.. The difference there is those mods would act on the complaints and Jill would say "Tough it out".. And here you are still being as judgmental as ever, pointing your finger at me calling me a sinner when God in His word has said the same thing about you (James 2:10).

If we the Christian of WM feel that we want a place to come and talk about the grace we received from God who pulled us out of the err of mormonism, should we be allowed to talk as we feel the need? I see that done by mormons all the time on Mormon.org as converts bear their testimonies.. Every month in Fast and Testimony meetings in every Ward and branch of the LDS church the same thing is done.. I have heard many a testimony that chronicled the path a member of the LDS church struggled through to gain their membership.. Why is it you would deny me that same opportunity you insist on for LDS peoples?

The LDS are not as indispensable as you would like to see them to be.. If you leave you leave.. The difference between CC and WM is you will leave because you want to go not because you were forced to go.. And you are free to come back if you want to do that.. To compare that to CC is a wide canyon to try to jump.. So far all I see is your failure to do so.. So as I said before if you wish to go, Go with God.. Those of us that wish to stay will do so coming and going as we wish.. Do you have a problem with that level of freedom? Go back to what ever the LDS have that replaced MADD when it died.. Maybe the lack of Christians there will lead to it's demise as CC suffered from the lack of mormons.. I believe that both died due to the lack of people willing to state their desire to be obedient and take the message of their faith into the world.. Though I no longer have the physical ability to go door to door in my neighborhood, or walk the sidewalks outside temple square here in Salt Lake I still wish to raise my voice in my God's praise and tell others of His Good News.. Here I am on WM and here I will continue to do just that.. IHS jim

Sir

Yes there are some words I do have trouble with. Spelling was always hard for me.. I have gotten better but I still have struggles.. I am sure you have understood my meaning..

I am sorry you find my thoughts so boring.. You don't have to respond if you would rather not.. I share with others what God is placing on my heart and calling that boring is to insult that source.. But you do believe that the God I worship is false anyway so you are not constrained in insulting the promptings I receive from Him.. I wouldn't want to do that but I am not you..

Yes I made reports that rules were broken.. I was rejected from MADD for life because the LDS posters there would run and tattle to the Mods and whining to them that Christian posters that stood up for the truth of the Bible should be banned.. The difference there is those mods would act on the complaints and Jill would say "Tough it out".. And here you are still being as judgmental as ever, pointing your finger at me calling me a sinner when God in His word has said the same thing about you (James 2:10).

If we the Christian of WM feel that we want a place to come and talk about the grace we received from God who pulled us out of the err of mormonism, should we be allowed to talk as we feel the need? I see that done by mormons all the time on Mormon.org as converts bear their testimonies.. Every month in Fast and Testimony meetings in every Ward and branch of the LDS church the same thing is done.. I have heard many a testimony that chronicled the path a member of the LDS church struggled through to gain their membership.. Why is it you would deny me that same opportunity you insist on for LDS peoples?

The LDS are not as indispensable as you would like to see them to be.. If you leave you leave.. The difference between CC and WM is you will leave because you want to go not because you were forced to go.. And you are free to come back if you want to do that.. To compare that to CC is a wide canyon to try to jump.. So far all I see is your failure to do so.. So as I said before if you wish to go, Go with God.. Those of us that wish to stay will do so coming and going as we wish.. Do you have a problem with that level of freedom? Go back to what ever the LDS have that replaced MADD when it died.. Maybe the lack of Christians there will lead to it's demise as CC suffered from the lack of mormons.. I believe that both died due to the lack of people willing to state their desire to be obedient and take the message of their faith into the world.. Though I no longer have the physical ability to go door to door in my neighborhood, or walk the sidewalks outside temple square here in Salt Lake I still wish to raise my voice in my God's praise and tell others of His Good News.. Here I am on WM and here I will continue to do just that.. IHS jim
    Whoa! Come up for air once in a while!
    Sheeeesh

James Banta

Whoa! Come up for air once in a while!
    Sheeeesh
    As I said before, "You don't like my posts, don't read them".. That is the way I speak.. IHS jim

Sir

As I said before, "You don't like my posts, don't read them".. That is the way I speak.. IHS jim
    I didn't read it..

James Banta

I didn't read it..
    Then you have no right to make any comment at all about my posts.. IHS jim

Sir

Then you have no right to make any comment at all about my posts.. IHS jim
    Sure I do.

You spent the past day and a half explaining that we all have the right to stay, leave, post, etc. (which is funny since you have absolutely no authority to state otherwise).

I didn't have to read your long-winded boring rant to comment that it was a long-winded boring rant.

James Banta

Sure I do.

You spent the past day and a half explaining that we all have the right to stay, leave, post, etc. (which is funny since you have absolutely no authority to state otherwise).

I didn't have to read your long-winded boring rant to comment that it was a long-winded boring rant.

I didn't say that you don't have the right to post here and say anything that you wish to say.. All I said is if you haven't read my posts you can't comment on what I have posted. How can you when you have no idea what I said? You don't even know if it is boring and long winded if you haven't read it.. Is the BofM a boring long winded rant? I think it is but I have authority to say that since I HAVE ACTUALLY READ IT.. IHS jim

Sir

I didn't say that you don't have the right to post here and say anything that you wish to say.. All I said is if you haven't read my posts you can't comment on what I have posted. How can you when you have no idea what I said? You don't even know if it is boring and long winded if you haven't read it.. Is the BofM a boring long winded rant? I think it is but I have authority to say that since I HAVE ACTUALLY READ IT.. IHS jim
    It was your post, James, so I know it is a boring long-winded rant.

James Banta

In my post I never said that you didn't have the right to post. I said you couldn't post a reply to me if you had no idea of the content of my posts.. But you know all, see all, right? You posts then that don't answer of follow the movement of the conversation are the rants..

You have yet to connect CC to WM is any way.. Oh other than you want to quit posting here so WM dies.. But no one banned you from posting here as the LDS were banned from CC. Here you have a free forum to do some real teaching of why mormonism should be seen as Christian church, or even the one and only true church.. There Are still lurkers that do look at many of the new post from time to time.. If you had anything that could convince them over and above the Christian's challenges this would be a great chance to do mission work.. But you have decided to leave.. That is your choice no one is forcing you out.. Much different than why the LDS left CC.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 10-29-2013 at 07:53 AM.

RealFakeHair

Sir, I think he got you on this one. Sometimes a retreat is best.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    The truth always wins even when the enemies of truth claim victory.. Therefore is wasn't my victory but it was The Holy Spirit that put His enemies down.. He is worthy of our praise.. IHS jim

Sir

The truth always wins even when the enemies of truth claim victory.. Therefore is wasn't my victory but it was The Holy Spirit that put His enemies down.. He is worthy of our praise.. IHS jim
    I didn't realize we were in a compe***ion. If you feel James "got me" on something, okay. If James feels like he was victorius in something, okay.

Sadly, the only 2 people posting regularly here anymore are RealFakeHair and James, and taking both of them combined we still cannot get a single cogent post.

RealFakeHair

I didn't realize we were in a compe***ion. If you feel James "got me" on something, okay. If James feels like he was victorius in something, okay.

Sadly, the only 2 people posting regularly here anymore are RealFakeHair and James, and taking both of them combined we still cannot get a single cogent post.
    I live a bored life, but maybe that is my lot in life. It doesn't change the face Jame was right and you were wrong. We all step into it from time to time, although I can't remember the last time it happened to me, but I have short term memory lost anyways. lol

Sir

I live a bored life, but maybe that is my lot in life. It doesn't change the face Jame was right and you were wrong. We all step into it from time to time, although I can't remember the last time it happened to me, but I have short term memory lost anyways. lol
    Wrong about what?

James' posts being long-winded rants?

You and James not writing cogents posts?

What exactly are you referring to in saying I was wrong?

RealFakeHair

Wrong about what?

James' posts being long-winded rants?

You and James not writing cogents posts?

What exactly are you referring to in saying I was wrong?
    Let me try and Xplane, First when commenting on a subject with a praise or complaint it is best to have read up on the subject. Although you don't have to read up on any of my subjects to praise them of course.

Sir

Let me try and Xplane, First when commenting on a subject with a praise or complaint it is best to have read up on the subject. Although you don't have to read up on any of my subjects to praise them of course.
    I'll take that as you cannot tell me what you think I am wrong about.

Thank you.

RealFakeHair

Thank you.
    Maybe it just cant be done, or something like not seeing the Forest for the billboard.

Sir

Maybe it just cant be done
    Um...yeah.

Typical.

Billyray

***uming that you have not broken the rules of the board--who has authority to dictate to you or to me if we should post on this board or simply walk away?

Billyray

That is easy. Your belief in false gods.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    That is easy. Your belief in false gods.
    What I said to sir was that he couldn't respond to my posts if he hadn't read them.. He can post anything we wishes to post but if he hasn't read mine how could he respond to what I have posted? I don't think he understood.. I could say Billy your hair is a mess.. But you had posted Praise God from whom all blessings come.. Would what I said be a response to your post? No! If I didn't read what you posted I can't really write a post that makes any sense at all.. He just went off in a totally errant direction. Not to unusual for an LDS.. IHS jim

Sir

What I said to sir was that he couldn't respond to my posts if he hadn't read them.. He can post anything we wishes to post but if he hasn't read mine how could he respond to what I have posted?
    Easy. When you know someone's thoughts well enough, know how they post, know basically what they are going to say, and you see what amounts to a diatribe in response to something, it doesn't require reading the diatribe to know that is what it is.

I don't think he understood..
    The first 3 words here are correct.

I could say Billy your hair is a mess.. But you had posted Praise God from whom all blessings come.. Would what I said be a response to your post? No! If I didn't read what you posted I can't really write a post that makes any sense at all.. He just went off in a totally errant direction. Not to unusual for an LDS.. IHS jim
    No, I just called your whiney post out for what it was.

And it is pretty funny to hear *you* accuse LDS of "going off in a totally errant direction" in posting!! Buwahahaha.....

billyray must be LDS according to you since he decided to chime in this thread with his own attempt at a zinger which was quite an "errant direction" from this thread.

nrajeffreturns

What I said to sir was that he couldn't respond to my posts if he hadn't read them..
    Is that like "How can BrianH at Carm attack the Book of Mormon if he hasn't read it?"