Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Remove Your Name from the LDS Records

alanmolstad

My dad wanted me to be named after the famous guy who died young, "James DEAN".......as you can see Dad lost that one.

alanmolstad

and....I really do have a lot of fun here...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-15-2014 at 05:25 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What happened to Apologette? Did she say she was leaving?
    Rumors of her death are greatly exaggerated...I see whole new topics by her...

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    UNLIKE ALLEN I DON'T COME HERE FOR THE FUN OF IT. I COME HERE FOR MINISTRY.. If others don't wish to include themselves in ministry they shouldn't post here.. I am not the Holy Spirit so I don't judge them for what they do or don't do.. As our LDS members are banned from CARM they come back here and the discussion grows. When they can post on CARM they do so and we ebb here.. I like WM so I stay here.. If you don't you can leave any time you wish.. CARM has some solid Christian posters that can correct the unbiblical LDS perversions that are taught and held by the church.. Here there are fewer of us to stand up for truth.. If you need more comments on the same subjects by all means go to CARM.. IHS jim
    Quite true, the worst of the Mormons come here when banned from CARM. I find it helpful to not even engage in their rage and mockery. It only feeds the demonic source. Better to post information here for those searching for answers!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Rumors of her death are greatly exaggerated...I see whole new topics by her...
    Alive and kicking, pretty much to the chagrin of these Mormons! We have one Mormon on CARM, Apollos, badmouthing some of the sick among the Christians, suggesting that sickness is a result of being a Christian who is anti-Mormonism. How morally challenged does a person have to be to post something as sick as that? The truth of the matter is that there are far more Christians on CARM than Mormons, and sometimes they get ill or have relapses. Fortunately, the Lord God, the Blessed Trinity, has blessed me with good health, as well as our family. This obviously doesn't fit into Apollos's (Sir on WM) theory. I've told Sir/Apollos that his evil wishes for ill health for Christian posters is similar to a curse and will rebound upon him two fold!

But it shall come to p***, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee. Deut. 22:15

Pay back into the laps of our neighbors seven times the contempt they have hurled at you, Lord. Ps. 79:12

I should have said, seven fold. Mormons should be cautious about cursing Christians, or wishing Christians ill (or mocking those who are sick, as did this fellow) - for the curse rebounds seven-fold on themselves. And let me tell you folks, Joe Smith got pleasure from cursing his enemies - and he is an example of one who fell victim to those curses rebounding on his own person:

"While in prison, Smith prophesied that "cursed are all those that shall lift up the heel against mine anointed." (Wikipedia)

Smith claimed to be "the anointed," but he was never anointed by God, and the curse rebounded upon the curser!
    Last edited by Apologette; 03-15-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Alive and kicking, pretty much to the chagrin of these Mormons! We have one Mormon on CARM, Apollos, badmouthing some of the sick among the Christians, suggesting that sickness is a result of being a Christian who is anti-Mormonism. How morally challenged does a person have to be to post something as sick as that? The truth of the matter is that there are far more Christians on CARM than Mormons, and sometimes they get ill or have relapses. Fortunately, the Lord God, the Blessed Trinity, has blessed me with good health, as well as our family. This obviously doesn't fit into Apollos's (Sir on WM) theory. I've told Sir/Apollos that his evil wishes for ill health for Christian posters is similar to a curse and will rebound upon him two fold!

But it shall come to p***, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee. Deut. 22:15

Pay back into the laps of our neighbors seven times the contempt they have hurled at you, Lord. Ps. 79:12

I should have said, seven fold. Mormons should be cautious about cursing Christians, or wishing Christians ill (or mocking those who are sick, as did this fellow) - for the curse rebounds seven-fold on themselves. And let me tell you folks, Joe Smith got pleasure from cursing his enemies - and he is an example of one who fell victim to those curses rebounding on his own person:

"While in prison, Smith prophesied that "cursed are all those that shall lift up the heel against mine anointed." (Wikipedia)

Smith claimed to be "the anointed," but he was never anointed by God, and the curse rebounded upon the curser!
    Apologette, Did that Mormon "Apollos" really wish and curse Christians with sickness? Do you have a link to where he did that?

Zeus

Quite true, the worst of the Mormons come here when banned from CARM. I find it helpful to not even engage in their rage and mockery. It only feeds the demonic source. Better to post information here for those searching for answers!
    What "worst of the Mormons" are posting here that have been banned from CARM? There doesn't seem to be any Mormons posting here except for a couple.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What "worst of the Mormons" are posting here that have been banned from CARM? There doesn't seem to be any Mormons posting here except for a couple.
    That is because over here they don't get away with expounding Joseph Smith jr. imaginary mind.

James Banta

[alanmolstad;153767]well that's cool....must be kinda disappointing to run into us guys like me then....
    It is, and you have slide a lot i my eyes in complerely using the name of God without reason.. That is in VAIN..

oh well.....
    (In my defense I do like kittens)
    And again we disagree I don't like them in the city, they are farm animals.. IHS jim

Looks to me as though the LDS church has safe guards in place for a non authorized person making such a request..
    Yep, and it would be a bad idea to remove them, as anti-Mormons demand.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Yep, and it would be a bad idea to remove them, as anti-Mormons demand.
    It would be just as much a bad idea to remove them as it is to have bishops or his superiors to delay the proceedings of the requests.. So what we have today isn't the removal of the proceadures but an artificial delay of the LDS clinging to the names of members by the long delays that are artificially installed in the process.. Which one is worse? They are equally evil.. IHS jim

It would be just as much a bad idea to remove them as it is to have bishops or his superiors to delay the proceedings of the requests.. So what we have today isn't the removal of the proceadures but an artificial delay of the LDS clinging to the names of members by the long delays that are artificially installed in the process.. Which one is worse? They are equally evil..
    A 30-day cooling-off period is hardly a "long delay," and to call it "evil" is just ridiculous.

James Banta

A 30-day cooling-off period is hardly a "long delay," and to call it "evil" is just ridiculous.
    If Bishops/Stake Presidents all kept it to a 30 Day cooling off period that would be fine.. Sadly it has been know to take years not months and not days to have a name removed.. I call that evil.. It's removing free agency from the individual and take it for the LDS authority instead.. Wasn't that Satan's plan? Isn't he evil? Then when someone forces another person to remain in the LDS church they are committing evil.. IHS jim

I call that evil..
    I call that silly.

It's removing free agency from the individual and take it for the LDS authority instead..
    I don't think you know what "free agency" means.

James Banta

[Erundur;153804]I call that silly.
    With a remark like that this could descend in to a volley of personal attacks.. I won't allow that.. I call taking the decision onto one's self for another adult person evil.. Maybe that is from my days of being LDS where I believes each man is responsible for what they do and if forced to do what someone else dictates as evil.. Sure doesn't fall down to the short reach of silliness.. One would have to not understand right from wrong to fail to make the distinction..

After reading the above can you still say that? Somehow I think your pride will demand that you can.. IHS jim

LOL... you are the one who bugs the Moderators until you get them banned. Then when you run out of your two complaint allotment for the day, you PM all the others AntiMormons to join you and use up their complaint allotment on the people you dislike. All the while pretending you have everyone on ignore. In fact, you end up so embarr***ed by Daniel calling you on all your nonsense that you never allow him to last the day.

It really is a comedy act.

I call taking the decision onto one's self for another adult person evil.
    You mean like removing a member from the membership rolls merely because the member hasn't been to church for a few weeks or months?

That is what some people claim their church does, and claim it's a good thing, and are demanding that the LDS do it.

In my ward, a lady hadn't come to church for over a year--perhaps several years. She recently started coming to church again. When she heard that the relief society and the missionaries had a list of inactive members whose names were soon to be removed from the rolls, she got alarmed and upset.

She said "If anyone would have done that to me during the time I wasn't attending church, I would have been very angry. How do they know that I no longer believe the doctrines? How do they know I want my name removed?"

Then it was explained to her that the only members whose names were being removed, were members who had told us that's what they wanted--it's what they had demanded, actually. Then she was okay with what we were doing.

And that is why we don't automatically remove the names of people who have quit attending church. To do it without being told that's what they want, to just ***ume that was what they wanted, would be like taking their freedom to choose away. We'd be taking away their freedom to choose to stop attending for a while but to still remain a member.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    LOL... you are the one who bugs the Moderators until you get them banned. Then when you run out of your two complaint allotment for the day, you PM all the others AntiMormons to join you and use up their complaint allotment on the people you dislike. All the while pretending you have everyone on ignore. In fact, you end up so embarr***ed by Daniel calling you on all your nonsense that you never allow him to last the day.

It really is a comedy act.
    Oh, are you banned. I certainly hope so. If you can't keep the rules, then you shouldn't be posting NOTtheway (and never was).

alanmolstad

perhaps such topics are not really something we should get into here.

with PLENTY of real topics about religious teachings and things that go on all over the world, perhaps we might search for something to talk about that does not lead to all the personal stuff?

I call that silly.

"Free agency," an archaic word for free will. There is no free will for fallen human beings since they are under the sway of Satan, subject to the one who holds captive their wills - Satan. One of the greatest evidences of this is how Mormons post - their posts clearly express their disdain of the Body of Christ and total denial of the Gospel of grace. They not only deny the Lord Jesus Christ, they seek to replace Him.

alanmolstad

"Free agency," an archaic word for free will.
    the term "free agency" comes up a lot when I debate with a calvinist...

They are against my views of "free Will" but they do have a view of the term "Free Agency" is is a lot like what I mean for "Free Will"

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    perhaps such topics are not really something we should get into here.

with PLENTY of real topics about religious teachings and things that go on all over the world, perhaps we might search for something to talk about that does not lead to all the personal stuff?
    If I'm challenged - especially by some Mormon - I'll respond. You are free to do the same.

alanmolstad

If I'm challenged - especially by some Mormon - I'll respond. You are free to do the same.
    ....you set a better example if you do not respond in kind....
    Remember to act as your Master instructed you to do.

I call taking the decision onto one's self for another adult person evil.. Maybe that is from my days of being LDS where I believes each man is responsible for what they do and if forced to do what someone else dictates as evil..
    That's just bizarre. No one is forcing anyone to do anything, except the anti-Mormons who are trying to force us to change our resignation procedures. I'm willing to call that evil instead of silly if it will make you happier.

After reading the above can you still say that?
    Yes.

One would have to not understand right from wrong to fail to make the distinction..

Somehow I think your pride will demand that you can..
    Gee, it's a good thing you're not allowing this to descend into a volley of personal attacks, isn't it?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You mean like removing a member from the membership rolls merely because the member hasn't been to church for a few weeks or months?

That is what some people claim their church does, and claim it's a good thing, and are demanding that the LDS do it.

In my ward, a lady hadn't come to church for over a year--perhaps several years. She recently started coming to church again. When she heard that the relief society and the missionaries had a list of inactive members whose names were soon to be removed from the rolls, she got alarmed and upset.

She said "If anyone would have done that to me during the time I wasn't attending church, I would have been very angry. How do they know that I no longer believe the doctrines? How do they know I want my name removed?"

Then it was explained to her that the only members whose names were being removed, were members who had told us that's what they wanted--it's what they had demanded, actually. Then she was okay with what we were doing.

And that is why we don't automatically remove the names of people who have quit attending church. To do it without being told that's what they want, to just ***ume that was what they wanted, would be like taking their freedom to choose away. We'd be taking away their freedom to choose to stop attending for a while but to still remain a member.
    Who here is asking that the LDS church removes inactive members from it's rolls? Yes we do that in Christian churches, but I am not asking that you do the same.. All I ask is that in a timely manner those who have asked to have their names removed have their names removed without months or even years of delay.. IHS jim