Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
Hi Disciple. I did not state we can't obey God in order to receive of His salvational grace--I defined salvational grace as something that God does for us that we can't do for ourselves.

I posted Acts2:38 as an example:

Acts 2:38---King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I made the point this is an example of God extending His salvational grace to them that obey Him.

You do realize the obedience of repentance and water baptism is not the grace? It's what they received because of the obedience of repentance and water baptism--the remission of sins--that is God's salvational grace.

The Biblical NT has God giving His salvational grace to them that obey Him. Repentance and water baptism is something we can do for ourselves--the remission of sins is not.

I agree--and those fruits are necessary for His grace unto life:

Matthew 7:19-20---King James Version (KJV)
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

But that is a connection between works and grace. The fact is--those who do not obey the gospel do not receive of God's grace:

Romans 2:5-11King James Version (KJV)
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Disciple--there is no such thing as faith alone theology found in the Biblical NT.
"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)" Eph. 2:5
Can dead men repent or be baptized?