Thread: Isn't Tomorrow a Mormon "Holy Day?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Was it Moroni, or Nephi?
    It was Moroni. You might find this article helpful.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Well I guess Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind got carried away with him when this was publised......The Times and Seasons Vol. III pp. 749, 753

"When I first looked upon him I was afraid, but the fear soon left me. He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi. That God has a work for me to do, ... He said there was a book deposited written upon gold plates, giving an account of the former inhabitants of this continent, and the source from whence they sprang."

Note that Joseph Smith was the editor of the Times and Seasons. In modern printings of the History of the Church, this has been changed to read " Moroni". It is interesting to note that Joseph Smith lived for two years after the name "Nephi" was printed in Times and Seasons and he never published a retraction

Well I guess Joseph Smith jr. Imaginary mind got carried away with him when this was publised......The Times and Seasons Vol. III pp. 749, 753
    Or someone just made a mistake. Read the article.

Yeah, after the fact excuses. How come Lucy Smith, Joe's mommy, thought the angel was named Nephi? Was she that deluded, or was she actually expressing the original form the story took! Joe couldn't even get it right about his "first vision." One being, angels, two beings - all his accounts vary. Any rational person not under bondage to Mormon brainwashing can see he made up things as he went along. Sort of like Obama.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

Yeah, after the fact excuses. How come Lucy Smith, Joe's mommy, thought the angel was named Nephi? Was she that deluded, or was she actually expressing the original form the story took! Joe couldn't even get it right about his "first vision." One being, angels, two beings - all his accounts vary. Any rational person not under bondage to Mormon brainwashing can see he made up things as he went along. Sort of like Obama.
    I believe erundur, is off thinking up some new form of obfuscation.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Yeah, after the fact excuses.
    Lame.

How come Lucy Smith, Joe's mommy, thought the angel was named Nephi?
    Read the article.

RealFakeHair

Lame.

Read the article.
    And all this time I thought I was the one with the lowest IQ here....lol

And all this time I thought I was the one with the lowest IQ here....lol
    I accept your concession.

James Banta

I accept your concession.
    Are you ready to discuss mormonism without calling people liars or hypocrites? Are you ready to show some evidence for your comments here other than just your say so? That is the ticket you have to buy to participate in the forum.. The Christians here are not demanding that you believe what we tell you even when we have a reference.. But to call our comments lies or claim victory after you say NOTHING, identifies you as a child.. So are you ready to grow up? IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Are you ready to discuss mormonism without calling people liars or hypocrites?
    I am ready to discuss Mormonism with people who aren't liars or hypocrites.

Are you ready to show some evidence for your comments here other than just your say so? That is the ticket you have to buy to participate in the forum..
    This is rich coming from the guy who made accusations against me, then refused to show evidence to back them up.
    Last edited by Erundur; 12-26-2013 at 01:22 AM.

James Banta

I am ready to discuss Mormonism with people who aren't liars or hypocrites.

This is rich coming from the guy who made accusations against me, then refused to show evidence to back them up.
    1. I never made an accusation against you.. 2. I back up everything I say here.. 3. I guess you aren't ready to enter into discussion.. IHS jim