Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Biblical Proof that it's impossible for God to have a body?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    the correct answer is that within the nature of the One true God there are three divine persons.
    Each is distinct from the other,,,each is called "God" yet there are not three gods but only the one God.

The Father is God
    The Son is God
    The Spirit is God.

Three in union, a tri-union,, a tri-unity or we say a "trinity"
    Could you give us a Biblical NT scripture which specifically connects all three persons to the "one God"?

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)
    6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2:5--King James Version (KJV)
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)
    4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Peter 1:3--King James Version (KJV)
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

John 17:3---King James Version (KJV)
    3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Could you give us a Biblical NT scripture which specifically connects all three persons to the "one God"?

I can quote answers from the Bible to questions and issues that the Bible does address only.

There are Bible verses that support the idea that Jesus is a man
    There are Bible verses that support that Jesus is God

There is support in the Bible to prove that the father is God

There is support in the Bible to prove that the Holy Spirit is God

And there is support in the Bible to prove that they are not 3 gods, but rather there is only the One God....

Jesus is = with God
    The father is = with God
    The Holy Spirit is = with God.

So all 3 are equal to the same thing (God)

Thus all 3 are equal with each other too!

If you want a verse that shows us that the Son is God, or the father is God, or the Spirit is God?.......go look it up.
    I have posted such verses here time and time again....you know that as well as I do....

so why ask me?

alanmolstad

let me know if there is something I have said that you want me to have a 2nd look at?

But the truth is that you have already received more than enough "verses" to know that every word I have posted on this forum and what Im saying is found in the Bible,
    that Im not making any up,
    and that what the Bible is teaching stands totally against with what the world of the CULTS is teaching their followers.

Look, you have to decide for yourself what you are going to do with the answers I have given you....

every word I have posted on this forum is found in the Bible,
    that Im not making any up,...
    i find those claims hard to believe. i bet i could find at least one word you have posted in this forum, that is NOT found in the bible.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

alanmolstad

I welcome your challenge ....

alanmolstad

I would invite anyone to glance at anything I have posted on our forum over the years and if you have a question on something?...or would like me to support something I have said with supporting scriptures? ... then just let me know and I will be happy to show you where what I teach is found.

If there are things I have said about historical figures? ...and you would like to see where I learned about them from and my source?....just ask

In other words, none of this is just my ideas, I don't make anything up on my own.

MickeyS

I welcome your challenge ....
    "Trinity" is not found in the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Why do you think that no other Christian church that I am aware of except the FLDS believe that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones and was a man on another planet?
    I believe the bulk of the other 'latter day saints' (almost all of the 150+ different kinds believe that God the Father has a physical body of flesh and bones also.

BIBLICAL proof it is NOT so:

John 4:24
    24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    NKJV

Luke 24:38-39
    "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
    NKJV

The mormons and other cults 'cherry-pick' verses OUT OF CONTEXT from the Bible to try to 'prove' their points. This theory of joey smith's is a goo example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    This is how he who by his very nature simply can't die was able to give his life to save us.
    Another contradiction.

Except that Jesus Christ (the REAL ONE) DID DIE and was resurrected (returned to life). Even the mormon cult agrees with that, doesn't it?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I believe the bulk of the other 'latter day saints' (almost all of the 150+ different kinds believe that God the Father has a physical body of flesh and bones also.

BIBLICAL proof it is NOT so:

John 4:24
    24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    NKJV

Luke 24:38-39
    "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
    NKJV

The mormons and other cults 'cherry-pick' verses OUT OF CONTEXT from the Bible to try to 'prove' their points. This theory of joey smith's is a goo example of that.
    very good post!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    i find those claims hard to believe. i bet i could find at least one word you have posted in this forum, that is NOT found in the bible.
    Go over any teaching I have said, and if you want to know where it is found in the Bible just let me know...
    Now Im sure someone might object and say - (insert child's voice here) - "But Alan you used the word "Equality" one time in a post and that word is not found in the King James!"....and my response is to point out that while the Bible NT is written mostly in Greek, and I dont speak Greek, but what i do teach about the Bible is from the same teachings given us all in the Bible.
    Therefore such objections are a moot point.

a few years ago we had on this forum a nice Mormon lady....
    I enjoyed sparing with her, I never asked her age but I got the feeling she was well older that most other members.
    I remember how she would object to any suggestion that Smith had other wives.
    I remember how she would strongly attack anyone who tried to slip into the conversation that Smith used to sneak over to the homes of men he had sent on missions, to spend time with their wives.

She said that all such things were untrue lies, and were invented just to make Smith look like a pervert to people.

Then the official teaching on Smith's sexual interest in other women started to change.
    I remember at the time that the nice Mormon lady was arguing with some Christians here on this forum , when one of the Christians posted some type of thing taken from some type of Mormon newspaper (could have been a website?) that hinted that many Mormons were already aware of Smith's other wives, and that this was not a big deal.

anyway, the nice Mormon lady had really not much to say on the issue ...

I do remember that the nice Mormon lady posted a bit ;later that the posted link did not come from the official Mormon leadership, and then she tried to change the topic.

I never heard much out of her for a while then....

I think it was a few weeks later she tried to post a new comment on a totally unrelated topic but another member in response again brought up the changed teachings on Smith's wives.

And after that the nice Mormon lady was not seen posting here again....

I was not a MOD back then so I had no way to know if she registered under a new name or simply dropped out of the forum?

It must have been a hard issue for her to overcome?
    She had defended the marriage of Smith to his one wife very hard for years that I knew her, and had likely done the same in her real life many more times.
    She had once posted that she would never be a member of a religion that was startedm by someone who acted the way same Christians were accusing Smith of acting.

How would a person go from that to then needing to not only accept that Smith was like that, but then turning around and pretending that it did not matter to you now???

It mattered to her!
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-15-2017 at 05:15 AM.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Except that Jesus Christ (the REAL ONE) DID DIE and was resurrected (returned to life). Even the mormon cult agrees with that, doesn't it?
    Except that your testimony defies that:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post This is how he who by his very nature simply can't die was able to give his life to save us.
    Again--an obvious contradiction.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    "Trinity" is not found in the Bible
    None of the English words I use are in the original text Im sure....

But the teachings I quote are from the Bible...
    The teachings I have given on the fact that God is in Trinity are from the Bible...

This all that I have said and taught is from the Bible...

not one word is not backed with the Text...