Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mormon Dilemma

alanmolstad

The text does not say why Jesus was changed

alanmolstad

The text does not say why the voice spoke

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    So, to you Christ in his prayer was not speaking to God and did not see God when he was transfigured. He was transfigured, why then? As we have other examples of Christ praying--why do you think he was transfigured this time? And why do you think the disciples heard God speak on this occasion? Do you think he was not there?
    Not what I said at all. We do not know why he was transfigured and where in the text do you see it say he saw God? You like twisting people's words don't you. Seeing God at the transfiguration is not the topic of this thread.
    check the new book thread to find my new books

So, to you Christ in his prayer was not speaking to God
    UHM... in all of his recorded prayers, whom do you think Christ was speaking to? Not one of them has him being transfigured to speak to God. If that were a requirement, we all would have to be transfigured to be able to pray.

We have beaten this transfiguration error on the part of the Mormons to death yet they still are faced with a dilemma--how could smith see God the father when God told Moses NO ONE could see him and live.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    UHM... in all of his recorded prayers, whom do you think Christ was speaking to? Not one of them has him being transfigured to speak to God. If that were a requirement, we all would have to be transfigured to be able to pray.

We have beaten this transfiguration error on the part of the Mormons to death yet they still are faced with a dilemma--how could smith see God the father when God told Moses NO ONE could see him and live.
    Tah dah--you are starting to get it. Christ prayed ALL oif the time and was never required to be transfigured to speak to God--so why be transfigured now? Answer is obvious: To not just speak to him, but to SEE him.

Or, you are welcome to explain why you think he was transfigured this time. (As clearly he was praying, clearly God was there, and clearly Christ was transfigured.)
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Tah dah--you are starting to get it. Christ prayed ALL oif the time and was never required to be transfigured to speak to God--so why be transfigured now? Answer is obvious: To not just speak to him, but to SEE him.

Or, you are welcome to explain why you think he was transfigured this time. (As clearly he was praying, clearly God was there, and clearly Christ was transfigured.)
    wrong again. this ta-da moment of yours is as insulting as you claim I am. i am not your student and you haven't taught me anything. you are missing the point as usual and keep deflecting the topic away from the point of the thread.

respond to what i have said--mormons have a dilemma and they refuse to deal with it. if smith is correct then there is no god, if God is correct then smith is a liar.

wrong again. this ta-da moment of yours is as insulting as you claim I am. i am not your student and you haven't taught me anything. you are missing the point as usual and keep deflecting the topic away from the point of the thread.

respond to what i have said--mormons have a dilemma and they refuse to deal with it. if smith is correct then there is no god, if God is correct then smith is a liar.
    The ta-dah was hoping you realized that we don't have a dilemma. You don't see it, but that is okay....you don't have to. But I don't have to see the scriptures which are clearly evident to me, but not to you, the way you do.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 04-18-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Not what I said at all. We do not know why he was transfigured and where in the text do you see it say he saw God? You like twisting people's words don't you. Seeing God at the transfiguration is not the topic of this thread.
    Okay, this is what we DO know...Christ went to the mount, he was transfigured, he spoke to Moses and Elijah, the apostles heard God say "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

As you noted, clearly Christ has prayed and spoken to God without being transfigured--but this time it was different. This time God spoke clearly to the apostles. This time Christ was transfigured. To me, the answer is obvious, I thought it was to you too, but you do not see it that way. Christ was speaking to ancient prophets and God face to face.

And "seeing God" is the topic of this thread. You believe this is a dilemma for Mormons. It is not. Stephen saw Christ standing on the right hand of God right before his death. Jesus Christ saw God (but even he had to be transfigured to do so.)

And if you look back into the Old Testament, you will see that God's "face" has been removed by translators. Look at the Hebrew version of Exodus 20:3

The ta-dah was hoping you realized that we don't have a dilemma. You don't see it, but that is okay....you don't have to. But I don't have to see the scriptures which are clearly evident to me, but not to you, the way you do.
    you have a dilemma even if you hide your head in the sand and pretend that it is not there.