Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: God as Spirit or flesh and bone

MacG

[QUOTE=RealFakeHair;133247]Waiting with baited breath.[QUOTE]

Why do you have salmon eggs on yur breath?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Are you stating here that the answer to the question---"So--is God a Spirit--or flesh and bone?"----being God is flesh?

That is quite a contrast to the Trinity theology of God the Father being a Spirit only and Jesus Christ being a resurrected man of flesh and bone.
    The Christian teaching is this:
    That God wrapped himself in human flesh in the person of Jesus.

We do not believe that God gave up being god....for Jesus is always God.

But for the ability to die, God wrapped himself in human flesh.
    Until he did this, God could never know death.
    But this also is the reason the God did become flesh, so that he could die.

This means that God who can never die, was able to die a fully human and normal death.
    thus his resurrection is a fully human resurrection and is the patter of our own resurrection too!

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    The Christian teaching is this:
    That God wrapped himself in human flesh in the person of Jesus.

We do not believe that God gave up being god....for Jesus is always God.

But for the ability to die, God wrapped himself in human flesh.
    Until he did this, God could never know death.
    But this also is the reason the God did become flesh, so that he could die.

This means that God who can never die, was able to die a fully human and normal death.
    thus his resurrection is a fully human resurrection and is the patter of our own resurrection too!

So--are you saying that God is flesh and bone--or just a Spirit?

You have only followed the trail of Jesus Christ. You have established that He was and is flesh.

Now to God the Father--is He flesh and bone or Spirit?

Then to God--is God flesh and bone--or Spirit?

You see, Alanmolstad--one cannot separate out Christ or God the Father when designating the lone term "God".

One can only separate the persons in the phrase "God the Father", or "God the Son", or in a statement where the person is understood---but not in "God". That includes the Trinity.

Billyray

so--are you saying that god is flesh and bone--or just a spirit?
    . . .
    . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by billyray View Post
    there is one god in three persons: The father, the son, and the holy spirit. The son has a resurrected body.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by billyray View Post
    there is one god in three persons: The father, the son, and the holy spirit. The son has a resurrected body.
    If the Son has a resurrected Body--and the Father is just a Spirit only--is God a Spirit or have a body of flesh and bone?

Billyray

If the Son has a resurrected Body--and the Father is just a Spirit only--is God a Spirit or have a body of flesh and bone?
    God the Son has a resurrected body. The Father does not.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    God the Son has a resurrected body. The Father does not.

So--does the Trinity God have a body of flesh and bone--or is just a Spirit only? You are only addressing the Persons of the Godhead--not God, as a Trinity.

How do you relate this to the "****ousious" (same substance) Trinity God?

Billyray

So--does the Trinity God have a body of flesh and bone--or is just a Spirit only?
    I thought my statement was clear.

There is one God made up of three persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

Colossians 1
    15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

dberrie2000

I thought my statement was clear.

There is one God made up of three persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.
    If God is made up of the three persons--then all three would have to be considered in the determination of whether the Trinity God was a Spirit or flesh and bones.

You stated that Jesus has a body. There are two more that make up the Trinity God.

Do you believe that God the Father is a Spirit only, or flesh and bone also?

Billyray

Do you believe that God the Father is a Spirit only, or flesh and bone also?
    God the Father and the Holy Spirit do not have a resurrected body.

dberrie2000

God the Father and the Holy Spirit do not have a resurrected body.
    So---you have a Trinity God made up of one person that has a body of flesh and bone--and two that are Spirit.

How does that jive with a "****ousious" (same substance) Trinity God?

As a Trinity God--is that considered a God with a body--or just a Spirit--or both?

Billyray

So---you have a Trinity God made up of one person that has a body of flesh and bone--and two that are Spirit.
    We have a Triune God made up of three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in which the Son took on human flesh and is the visable image of the invisable God.

Colossians 1
    15 The Son is the image of the invisible God. . .

Billyray

How does that jive with a "****ousious" (same substance) Trinity God?
    This is used in the sense that Jesus is equally God. Certainly you don't think that the guys who used this term were unaware that Jesus had a resurrected body do you?

Billyray

Genesis 18
    New International Version (NIV)
    The Three Visitors

1The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. 2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.3 He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not p*** your servant by. 4 Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. 5 Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.”

Who is the Lord in verse 18?

Did the Lord have a body and did he eat during his stay?

dberrie2000

We have a Triune God made up of three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in which the Son took on human flesh and is the visable image of the invisable God.

Colossians 1
    15 The Son is the image of the invisible God. . .
    And not only took on, but still has:

Luke24:39--"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

Billyray

Luke24:39--"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."
    Which is what I have already said. Right?

Billyray

If you believe that the Father and the Son have physical bodies that are exactly like yours but in a perfected state how can they be omnipresent?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Which is what I have already said. Right?

Right. And which I have asked you and other faith alone here-----if Jesus Christ has a Body of flesh and bones--and God the Father is Spirit only--

Is the Trinity God flesh and Bone--or just a Spirit?

If the Father and the Son are made up of two different substances--then how do you explain the "****ousious"(same substance) God?

Billyray

Is the Trinity God flesh and Bone--or just a Spirit?
    Did you miss my answer to this question which I have already post multiple times now?

There is one God in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son has a resurrected body.

Billyray

If the Father and the Son are made up of two different substances--then how do you explain the "****ousious"(same substance) God?
    I have already answered this questions multiple times as well did you miss all my posts or perhaps are you not remembering them?

Jesus is equally God. BTW this term is not used in the Bible but I am sure you already knew that.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

I have already answered this questions multiple times as well did you miss all my posts or perhaps are you not remembering them?

Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Jesus is equally God. BTW this term is not used in the Bible but I am sure you already knew that.
    Could you explain how Jesus being equally God somehow explains how He possesses a body of flesh and bone--and the faith alone state that God the Father is a Spirit only--and they form the "****ousious"(same substance) God?

How does your answer touch upon how they are, together, the same substance, as the Trinity God?

Billyray

Could you explain how Jesus being equally God somehow explains how He possesses a body of flesh and bone--and the faith alone state that God the Father is a Spirit only--and they form the "****ousious"(same substance) God?
    Sure. I have told you multiple times now. The term is used to show that Jesus is equally God. BTW this term is not found in the Bible so I never use it because it confuses people like you. The whole point is that Jesus is God and part of the Trinity and has been eternally God from everlasting to everlasting. This is in conflict with the cults because the cults bring down Jesus in some way. The Mormns bring Jesus down by saying that he has not always been God and that he was begotten and born to a heavenly mother just like you and me. In essence bringing Jesus down to our level which of course is heresy. Hope that helps.

alanmolstad

So--are you saying that God is flesh and bone--or just a Spirit?
    God is ALWAYs spirit.....always......always and always...

and for our salvation God wrapped himself in flesh and blood and was made man so that he might die for our sin.

God was, is and will always be spirit!

But God became flesh and blood so he could die.

Right now Jesus was raised in a human body of flesh and bone and will have this same body forever.

Russianwolfe

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    God is ALWAYs spirit.....always......always and always...

and for our salvation God wrapped himself in flesh and blood and was made man so that he might die for our sin.

God was, is and will always be spirit!

But God became flesh and blood so he could die.

Right now Jesus was raised in a human body of flesh and bone and will have this same body forever.

Please tell us what the Bible says spirit is. Only what it is not what it isn't. You claim that God is spirit, but what have you said really? Does the Bible tell you what spirit is? Can you define what spirit by using the Bible? Please, tell us what the Bible says spirit is.

Marvin

glm1978

Quote Originally Posted by Russianwolfe View Post
    Please tell us what the Bible says spirit is. Only what it is not what it isn't. You claim that God is spirit, but what have you said really? Does the Bible tell you what spirit is? Can you define what spirit by using the Bible? Please, tell us what the Bible says spirit is.

Marvin
    What don't you understand about 'spirit has not flesh and bones?' Just because YOU can't understand what it means, does not make it a false teaching. A spirit is intangible.

Please show us where the bible says God has a body. Give us the chapter and verse(s) Can you tell us why we can't see God? If God has a body, then why must he be worshiped only in spirit?

Please discuss Mormonism. I'll be waiting...