Thread: Awww, Shucks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I don't ride your silly merry-go-round, remember?

I realize that you will post to me there and here, trying desperately to get me to play with you, but no thanks. Been there done that.
    You may not even realize it but the majority of your time on this board and the other board is simply to provide jabs rather than actually discuss Mormonism. I asked you a fair question but you avoided it on CARM and you are avoiding it here. You really don't want open and honest dialogue.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    You may not even realize it but the majority of your time on this board and the other board is simply to provide jabs rather than actually discuss Mormonism.
    More like point out the bankrupt state that is the anti-mormon cult.

I asked you a fair question but you avoided it on CARM and you are avoiding it here.
    All you do is ask questions. But not because you actually want an answer, but to try and score a polemical point.

You really don't want open and honest dialogue.
    Not with you. (although it is funny to see you paint your posts as being "open and honest").

I thought that was already made clear months ago.

Your merry-go-round is boring and most LDS don't like riding it anymore.

Sad to see you whining for some attention, though. Well....here you go.

James Banta

[Sir;143577]More like point out the bankrupt state that is the anti-mormon cult.
    The cult? Really? Where is the extrabiblical revelation? Where is the strong central leadership? You have been upset at Christians telling you that they belong to a Christian church without labeling it as Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, ect. My church is Sandy Ridge Community church.. Does that tell you anything about us? Can you ****on hole that a being something you can tell us you know all about? It is a small local Christian church.

All you do is ask questions. But not because you actually want an answer, but to try and score a polemical point.
    There are two reasons we ask questions. 1. Because each mormon seems to hold their own personal doctrines inspite of what is taught to the whole LDS community we wish to know what your personal beliefs actual are.. We can't address your beliefs until we know what they are.. And 2. To be thought provoking. To get us all thinking about what God has told us and compare it to the personal beliefs in reason 1.. You seem to refuse to engage in that and instead spend time crying over the perceives mistreatment you see in our questions.

I have been asked many a question by the LDS here and on CARM.. I answer fully with my Bible based beliefs. I will say it again.. I believe every word of the Bible. The OT and the New.. I believe that we have all failed to keep God's Law. I see our helplessness in reestablishing ourselves in His eyes. And I see God's plan to rescue us from our rebellion against Him. I see the examples of His wrath against sin, and His grace toward all who believe Him.

Not with you. (although it is funny to see you paint your posts as being "open and honest").

I thought that was already made clear months ago.

Your merry-go-round is boring and most LDS don't like riding it anymore.

Sad to see you whining for some attention, though. Well....here you go.

When were Christians commanded only to take the truth to the open and honest? I don't see you or any TBM as being either but that doesn't stop me from giving you the truth of His word. You still are told that we can gave everlasting life by holding faith in Jesus. Or the words of the Holy Spirit through Peter that we can Know now that we are saved and that again through faith in Jesus.. Show me where your questions to me have gone unanswered.. No you haven't always received the answers you would have hoped for but you were always answered.. Maybe a little obedience to God as the command from Him came through Peter.

1 Peter 3:15
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Please don't tell me you are being obedient and then refuse to obey the word of God so clearly given to you.. Notice that the p***age doesn't say you can give the answer once, twice, or 1,000 times. It must be given to every man that asks you.. So if you would be obedient then do the easy stuff like answering every man that asks, before you tackle the hard things like Matthew 5:48.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 04-28-2013 at 09:16 AM.