Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
Where I agree with you:

That Christ came into the world to save us.
That we can't work righteousness that is acceptable to God without His grace to guide us (or that we can do this on our own and ignore the Spirit AND what He teaches.)
That we are filthy rags in God's site.
That the natural man is an enemy to God.

Where I disagree with you:
That we can't seek God "on our own initiative."

Your comments made me realize how important it is to understand that we are children of God:

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

If we have no choice, then God is a cruel God--creating us to be filthy and then choosing whom he will save. Not Biblically backed at all.
Hi Julie,
The scripture you referenced from Romans is referring to the ***urance that born again believers can have, not referring to lost people. The scripture from Luke is talking about the gifts and influences of the Holy Spirit by which we are brought to know God and to believe and repent through the measure of faith first supplied by God. And by the way God did not create us to be filthy, man chose sin but I believe as 2 Peter 3 says God is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But all won't.