That wasn't very nice of you.

You are a better person then that.

alanmolstad

Oh you don't say?

John T

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaul View Post

He has a long history on CARM where he is banned, and an equal history here.

alanmolstad

so...the guy is just another cast-off from CARM eh?

I thought as much...

I got no real problem with this, we do tend to get a lot of people here once they have been BANNED from CARM.
    The only thing I would point out to them is that they should come here and not start right off the bat with the same types of poor forum manners that got them BANNED from CARM in the first place.

They should try to have a "fresh start" when they post on a different forum.

WHAT wasn't very nice of him?

alanmolstad

I doubt he will return....

John T

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    so...the guy is just another cast-off from CARM eh?

I thought as much...

I got no real problem with this, we do tend to get a lot of people here once they have been BANNED from CARM.
    The only thing I would point out to them is that they should come here and not start right off the bat with the same types of poor forum manners that got them BANNED from CARM in the first place.

They should try to have a "fresh start" when they post on a different forum.
    To have a "fresh start" requires a redeemed heart. That is something that no TBM (True Blue Mormon) has, so what can one expect?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    To have a "fresh start" requires a redeemed heart. That is something that no TBM (True Blue Mormon) has, so what can one expect?
    perhaps so...

I have noted that the Mormons that were tossed out of CARM on their tails for bad manners, tend to not last long here as well, (a common trait?)

Aaron Paul, you still haven't explained what you are talking about.
    What did Fig do that wasn't very nice?

alanmolstad

does someone know where to get that icon of a dead horse being hit?

it would seem to fit here....

I doubt he will return....
    Well, seeing as how he has been dead for over two years, you may be right.

alanmolstad

Consider the guest who posted named " aaronpaul"

I think he has all of 7 posts on this forum....and its likely all of them were the same day.
    we get this type of guest from time to time, they simply drop in, post a few lines, and then are never heard of again.

Consider the guest who posted named " aaronpaul"
    I think he has all of 7 posts on this forum....and its likely all of them were the same day.
    we get this type of guest from time to time, they simply drop in, post a few lines, and then are never heard of again.
    Perhaps so. I have noted that the anti-Mormons that were tossed out of CARM on their tails for bad manners, tend to not last long here as well, (a common trait?)*

*some of the words in the foregoing post may be similar to words that were posted by another poster

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Perhaps so. I have noted that the anti-Mormons that were tossed out of CARM on their tails for bad manners, tend to not last long here as well, (a common trait?)
    You noticed that too eh?....

It does seem to be a common thing to find out around here.
    A list of the names I have seen pop in here and manage not last long without being BANNED again is like a Who's Who of Mormon posters it seems.

Its just as well, most of them don't have much to say , other than to dwell on the one thing that got them BANNED from CARM in the first place.

You noticed that too eh?....
    It does seem to be a common thing to find out around here.
    A list of the names I have seen pop in here and manage not last long without being BANNED again is like a Who's Who of Mormon posters it seems.
    Its just as well, most of them don't have much to say , other than to dwell on the one thing that got them BANNED from CARM in the first place.
    What "one thing" was that?

alanmolstad

well...for example we had a Mormon here a month or so ago that had gotten himself bounced out of CARM for this pointless argument over things said or not said in the ....well...truthfully, what I could find out was, that the things the guy was dwelling on might have happened up to YEARS ago......

Anyway, this point (of things that may or may not have been said) was something the guy could not get past.
    And his words, his rule breaking, his personal attacks, and his baiting people got him BANNED from here.

Now before he got himself BANNED, I tried to warn him.
    I tried to tell him that he should try to "start fresh" more or less, here.

But the old Mormon, "I can do what i want as long as Im in the right" type of thinking was blinding him here, just asit blinded him at CARM......and so...poof!....he is gone.

I tried to warn him.
    I tried to suggest that he does not have to always return to acting the same way that got him BANNED.
    I tried to suggest other topics and not just dwelling on the one thing that bringsout the worst behavor in himself.

But he would not have any of it.

Typical......
    I dont miss the guy...not even slightly.
    But I do try to remember him and bring up his fate here whenever I run into other Mormons that visit here and show themselves to have the same common fate ahead of them as well if they dont change their ways.

alanmolstad

Now...all this talk of BANNED Mormons is not really connected to the guy who started this topic for us.
    I dont believe he was a Mormon, nor was he banned.

I believe he was just like so many others I have seen over the years that are simply drop by, post a few thoughts, and then are off to who knows where, never to be seen again.
    But, perhaps one day the guy might return...he is always welcome here...

John T

Now...all this talk of BANNED Mormons is not really connected to the guy who started this topic for us.
    I dont believe he was a Mormon, nor was he banned.

I believe he was just like so many others I have seen over the years that are simply drop by, post a few thoughts, and then are off to who knows where, never to be seen again.
    But, perhaps one day the guy might return...he is always welcome here...
    The same holds true for CARM.

To educate the miscreants, they are suspended because they break the house rules, usually by being uncivil and making an obscene insult instead of dealing with the issue at hand. Just today, I reported a poster for stating "Jesus must have been high on hashish..." In my view, that poster should have been suspended for 10 to 30 days. But since I cannot moderate, I just report that.

After someone gets so many infractions ind is simply being obnoxious, and wants to act like a troll, then the "**** rule" comes into effect. By that, their rules state "No ****s allowed" and that determination is made by the administration. There are several mormons who fall into that category there, and if they are ****s on CARM, it is a sure thing that they will also be ****s here. That is because while snakes shed their skin regularly, they do not change their essential nature of being a snake, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    The same holds true for CARM.

To educate the miscreants, they are suspended because they break the house rules, usually by being uncivil and making an obscene insult instead of dealing with the issue at hand. Just today, I reported a poster for stating "Jesus must have been high on hashish..." In my view, that poster should have been suspended for 10 to 30 days. But since I cannot moderate, I just report that.

After someone gets so many infractions ind is simply being obnoxious, and wants to act like a troll, then the "**** rule" comes into effect. By that, their rules state "No ****s allowed" and that determination is made by the administration. There are several mormons who fall into that category there, and if they are ****s on CARM, it is a sure thing that they will also be ****s here. That is because while snakes shed their skin regularly, they do not change their essential nature of being a snake, ever.
    And we all know that many Mormons have been caught using more than one posting name.
    Last edited by Apologette; 04-21-2015 at 08:02 AM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Well, Fig Bearing Thistles is dead and now in Jesus' hands. He promoted the teachings of a false prophet both here and elsewhere.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

In retrospect....

I miss seeing the name "Fig" here.

he died.
    he died and he never talked about being sick once here...so it was a shock for me to learn he had died.

But....while I do tend to try to remember only the good parts of our conversations, I should also not just forget that Fig had issues too.

I miss him, but I also miss attempting to reach out to him with the truth....