Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: No A-Z; either 100% T or 100% F

Libby

Looks to me like there is no "harvest" here. What are you harvesting, James? This place has like three posters.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Looks to me like there is no "harvest" here. What are you harvesting, James? This place has like three posters.
    if I remember correctly, all you need is two or three gathered together...

James Banta

And you know this how? You know how many souls lurk in the site without ever posting.. You insight is supernatural. It was Jesus that told us to pray for the Father to send workers into the fields that they are white and ready for harvest (Matthew 9:37-39). I believe Him, All I see in you in your lack of faith yet again.. IHS jim

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    if I remember correctly, all you need is two or three gathered together...
    To worship, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Vlad, your statement above is completely false.

Colossians 1:16 For by him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    So... Going by your opinion, God the Father is a creation of Jesus Christ?

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    So... Going by your opinion, God the Father is a creation of Jesus Christ?
    That would be true if the Father and Jesus were not the same God.. If He was a separate THING then Jesus would have created Him.. Mormonism teaches that they are separates Gods so it is mormonism by the authority of this verse that would be a creation of Jesus.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    That would be true if the Father and Jesus were not the same God.. If He was a separate THING then Jesus would have created Him.. Mormonism teaches that they are separates Gods so it is mormonism by the authority of this verse that would be a creation of Jesus.. IHS jim
    You must not believe in The Trinity Doctrine which specifically states that God The Father is NOT God the Son, and God the Son is NOT God the Father!

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    You must not believe in The Trinity Doctrine which specifically states that God The Father is NOT God the Son, and God the Son is NOT God the Father!
    Thank you for explaining a doctrine that you deny.. The trinity is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.. While they are three separate persons they are one God.. If you notice I never said that they are the same person but only the same God.. I also said that mormonism teaches three separate Gods. I guess since you didn't comment on that you agree completely that the Lords your Gods are three Lords.. So Correct me when I am wrong. When it's just a difference of opinion state yours and show me through the scripture how you are the one who is right.. This time you were wrong twice. Once about the trinity and once on silently approving of having three Gods even if only for this world.. IHS jim

Libby

Thank you for explaining a doctrine that you deny..
    That made me laugh out loud, James.

Isn't that what critics of Mormonism do all the time?!

James Banta

That made me laugh out loud, James.

Isn't that what critics of Mormonism do all the time?!
    Know what? I have never laughed at you at all, ever! I have taken you to the Lord and had Him take you off my mind, but never did I laugh.. Just what is so funny that a non believer explains to me a doctrine that he neither believes and by his own admission doesn't even understand? Maybe what was funny is when I explained it as the unity of the being of God existing as the Father, Son , and Holy Spirit. Maybe it was accusing him of believing that the Lords his Gods are three Lords? Maybe it was my invitation for Him to show by the scriptures that there are three Gods with whom we have to do? Please tell me how this makes you laugh? And while you are at it give some examples of the critics of Mormonism doing that all the time.. IHS jim

Libby

None of that made me laugh, James. I don't think I even read that far.

This, specifically, made me laugh, because it shows the double standard that critics sometimes hold. (Plus, you take yourself much too seriously)

Thank you for explaining a doctrine that you deny..
    Perhaps, I'll pray for you to see that double standard, when you apply it.

James Banta

None of that made me laugh, James. I don't think I even read that far.

This, specifically, made me laugh, because it shows the double standard that critics sometimes hold. (Plus, you take yourself much too seriously)

Perhaps, I'll pray for you to see that double standard, when you apply it.
    You go right ahead and pray to your eastern idols. See if any one of them is actually there.. I still don't understand how saying that a polytheist is going to explain the Trinity to me when he doesn't know or understand that doctrine himself is funny in any way.. I have been told many times that I have a wonderful sense of humor but this statement is not funny in any way.. IHS jim

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    If you're going to approach this issue in this way, (which is a very poor way to do it), than cite your sources or I will delete this.

I wouldn't use those words either Jill but that doesn't make the comment false.. Smith was a con-man in that he used his position to gain support for himself and his family but lying to people about the Golden Plates. Even the three witnesses have told us they say the plates and the angel with the eyes of faith (Early Mormon Documents, vol. 2, pp. 291-292). He ignored the challenge of a self appointed given by God in Deut 18:20-22.

There is no doubt that Smith was brought into court to answer charges of "Gl***looking". Ir that he was fined for perpetrating that fraud
    Attachment 173

Smith also said he had more to boast of than any man and included Jesus in his statement (History of the Church Vol. 6, p. 408).. His zig-zagging on doctrine is shown in the statement he wrote for the three witness and then in his statements that there are three Gods (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 473)..

No I don't like how these truths were stated and I would blame you for deleting them from the OP especially if you could all these referenced proofs that Smith wasn't exactly the prophet he said he was in it's place.. Thanks for your continuation of the site.. It means a lot to many of us.. IHS jim

Libby

You go right ahead and pray to your eastern idols. See if any one of them is actually there.. I still don't understand how saying that a polytheist is going to explain the Trinity to me when he doesn't know or understand that doctrine himself is funny in any way.. I have been told many times that I have a wonderful sense of humor but this statement is not funny in any way.. IHS jim

Well, I haven't ever prayed to anyone, except God the Father and Jesus Christ. If that's not good enough for you, I don't know what would be.

There is nothing wrong with calling someone out, if their explanation is wrong. But, simply not believing in something (as you should know) doesn't mean one doesn't understand the theology. I have known LDS who understand Orthodox Christianity better than many Christians do...and vice versa, I have known Christians who understand LDS theology better than some LDS do. So, it simply doesn't follow that "not believing" something, means you don't understand it.

You really need to humble yourself, a little, and not ***ume you are always right, just because you are a Christian.

Bless you too.. I can't take credit for the word I share. Most of it is directly from His word. I am outspoken though.. Welcome to the forum, may God use you to bring His word to the lost here as well.. We need workmen in this field. The harvest is ready.. IHS jim
    Thanks Jim. If we are to be in those mutually submitted places in Him, I welcome all the outspoken corrections that might come my little foot-race fails to find. Appreciate your, Alan and several other’s presence here!!!

Hi Jill!!

God bless!

nrajeffreturns

There is nothing wrong with calling someone out, if their explanation is wrong. But, simply not believing in something (as you should know) doesn't mean one doesn't understand the theology. I have known LDS who understand Orthodox Christianity better than many Christians do...and vice versa, I have known Christians who understand LDS theology better than some LDS do. So, it simply doesn't follow that "not believing" something, means you don't understand it.

You really need to humble yourself, a little, and not ***ume you are always right, just because you are a Christian.
    The temptation you mention can plague members of any religion, and result in atrocities. It's something we all need to be careful about.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    The temptation you mention can plague members of any religion, and result in atrocities. It's something we all need to be careful about.
    Absolutely.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad III View Post
    mod edit

So now the big question is, if others agree that you are either 100% true or 100% false, how do you reconcile people that hold a belief about Jesus that might not be held by others? Are they therefore in 100% error?

If a Baptist person believes that Jesus might've been married on earth, does that make him 100% in error about Jesus, on every issue, so as to merit God sending him to Hell for eternity?

mod edit - Do not start threads aimed at specific board members.
    With the essentials we try our best to find unity of belief

with the non-essentials we try our best to provide room for debate , disagreements, teaching, learning, instruction, searching, seeking, and rebuking.

But with all things concerning our brothers, we try to remember that sometimes we are the only bible that the non-Christians read....so we should be known by our "love" and not necessary by our ability to always line up uniformly on every point.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Thanks Jim. If we are to be in those mutually submitted places in Him, I welcome all the outspoken corrections that might come my little foot-race fails to find. Appreciate your, Alan and several other’s presence here!!!

Hi Jill!!

God bless!
    and you are welcome!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad III View Post

If a Baptist person believes that Jesus might've been married on earth, does that make him 100% in error about Jesus, on every issue, so as to merit God sending him to Hell for eternity?

On the essentials you need unity.(salvation by Christ's death, resurrection, the trinity etc)

On the non-essentials you should allow for different points of view. (if different people married, if we should baptist kids, wine strong or weak etc)

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    On the essentials you need unity.(salvation by Christ's death, resurrection, the trinity etc)

On the non-essentials you should allow for different points of view. (if different people married, if we should baptist kids, wine strong or weak etc)
    still the right answer....