Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversion story

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Jesus didn't claim that WE will be like that. He said that "THEY" will be like the angels in heaven. "They" was referring to those people the Sadducees asked Him about.
    Of course he was referring to them because that was a direct answer to the question that they asked him which was that none of those who were married to the woman are married to her in heaven because there isn't marriage in heaven.

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Of course he was referring to them because that was a direct answer to the question that they asked him which was that none of those who were married to the woman are married to her in heaven because there isn't marriage in heaven.
    You are making the fallacious conclusion called non sequitur, or maybe you're generalizing from an isolated case and ***uming it applies to everyone. Either way, you don't have enough evidence to support you conclusion that what Jesus told those particular Sadducees in answer to that particular question, should be ***UMED to be a doctrinal statement on the issue of whether it's impossible for people married down here to stay married after they die.

Billyray

You are making the fallacious conclusion called non sequitur, or maybe you're generalizing from an isolated case and ***uming it applies to everyone. Either way, you don't have enough evidence to support you conclusion that what Jesus told those particular Sadducees in answer to that particular question, should be ***UMED to be a doctrinal statement on the issue of whether it's impossible for people married down here to stay married after they die.
    Sure we have enough evidence, we have a direct question and a direct answer by Jesus.

James Banta

Jesus didn't claim that WE will be like that. He said that "THEY" will be like the angels in heaven. "They" was referring to those people the Sadducees asked Him about.

PS--Do you think that Jesus was including Himself in the "we" that you claim He said? ***uming He said "WE will be like unmarried angels in heaven," was He including Himself in the "we" ?
    YES, I do.. I don't believe that Jesus was married here on earth nor at the right hand of the Father.. Never was never will be.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

So the Bible verses that claim that Jesus is a bridegroom at some future wedding--those verses aren't correct, in your opinion Jim?

James Banta

So the Bible verses that claim that Jesus is a bridegroom at some future wedding--those verses aren't correct, in your opinion Jim?
    Not at all.. In that context the Church (the believers in Christ) are called the bride.. I have often told LDS people that I do believe in marriage in heaven as long as Jesus is the bridegroom and I am the bride.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Not at all.. In that context the Church (the believers in Christ) are called the bride.. I have often told LDS people that I do believe in marriage in heaven as long as Jesus is the bridegroom and I am the bride.. IHS jim

But "The Bible teaches that there's no such thing as marriage in heaven....." ????

Billyray

But "The Bible teaches that there's no such thing as marriage in heaven....." ????
    Do you believe that the marriage super of the Lamb is the same ordinance that LDS practice in Temple marriage i.e. do you believe you will be married to Jesus just like you are temple married to your wife?

dberrie2000

Do you believe that the marriage super of the Lamb is the same ordinance that LDS practice in Temple marriage i.e. do you believe you will be married to Jesus just like you are temple married to your wife?
    The sealing ordinances of the LDS Temples are designed to seal all of mankind together--and Christ to them. That is the reason for the final marriage to the Lamb. By then--all the ordinances will be performed to seal mankind together, who has faith in Christ--there will be but one sealing ordinance to perform then--when we are married to the Lamb--sealed to Him eternally.

Eternal, heavenly marriage is a reality in the Biblical text.

Revelation 19:7-9----King James Version (KJV)

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    The sealing ordinances of the LDS Temples are designed to seal all of mankind together--and Christ to them. That is the reason for the final marriage to the Lamb. By then--all the ordinances will be performed to seal mankind together, who has faith in Christ--there will be but one sealing ordinance to perform then--when we are married to the Lamb--sealed to Him eternally.
    So you will be married to Jesus and this is the exact same marriage you have with your wife?

RealFakeHair

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
    Total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why, or why do LDSinc. try this U-no-What on us?
    Your temple cult ritual is nothing more than a Joseph Smith jr. trick to get under the bloomers of the female followers, both young and not so young. Don't try your 2013 trick of saying it was something more than that!

Billyray

The Bible doesn't teach that humans will be eternally married such as you and your wife.

Billyray

By then--all the ordinances will be performed to seal mankind together, who has faith in Christ--there will be but one sealing ordinance to perform then--when we are married to the Lamb--sealed to Him eternally.
    So everyone in heaven will be temple married including couples who die without having a temple marriage?

RealFakeHair

Originally Posted by dberrie2000
    By then--all the ordinances will be performed to seal mankind together, who has faith in Christ--there will be but one sealing ordinance to perform then--when we are married to the Lamb--sealed to Him eternally.

Posted by Billyray....
    .So everyone in heaven will be temple married including couples who die without having a temple marriage?

I think dberrie200, might just go away after this out of the blue younder statement!

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---The sealing ordinances of the LDS Temples are designed to seal all of mankind together--and Christ to them. That is the reason for the final marriage to the Lamb. By then--all the ordinances will be performed to seal mankind together, who has faith in Christ--there will be but one sealing ordinance to perform then--when we are married to the Lamb--sealed to Him eternally.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Read your Bible, Hair. There will be an eternal marriage--and it will exist in heaven.

Why, or why do LDSinc. try this U-no-What on us?
    Your temple cult ritual is nothing more than a Joseph Smith jr. trick to get under the bloomers of the female followers, both young and not so young. Don't try your 2013 trick of saying it was something more than that!
    Kicking Joseph Smith between the legs won't help your cause. Your argument is with the Bible--it is the one that establishes eternal marriage in heaven.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---The sealing ordinances of the LDS Temples are designed to seal all of mankind together--and Christ to them. That is the reason for the final marriage to the Lamb. By then--all the ordinances will be performed to seal mankind together, who has faith in Christ--there will be but one sealing ordinance to perform then--when we are married to the Lamb--sealed to Him eternally.

So everyone in heaven will be temple married including couples who die without having a temple marriage?
    The scriptures show all will have an eternal marriage in heaven.

Billyray--you do acknowledge the existence of eternal marriage in heaven--right? Who else teaches that with the exception of Christ and the LDS?
    Last edited by dberrie2000; 10-17-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Billyray

The scriptures show all will have an eternal marriage in heaven.
    So my wife and I will be temple married just like you and your wife?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post---So everyone in heaven will be temple married including couples who die without having a temple marriage?
    Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post----The scriptures show all will have an eternal marriage in heaven.

Billyray--you do acknowledge the existence of eternal marriage in heaven--right? Who else teaches that with the exception of Christ and the LDS?
    I'll leave that to you to decide--the scriptures have all within heaven sealed to Christ through an eternal marriage. That's eternal marriage in heaven.

Billyray

I'll leave that to you to decide--the scriptures have all within heaven sealed to Christ through an eternal marriage. That's eternal marriage in heaven.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---I'll leave that to you to decide--the scriptures have all within heaven sealed to Christ through an eternal marriage. That's eternal marriage in heaven.
    Again--I'll leave that for you to decide. The Bible teaches eternal marriage in heaven:

Could you tell us if that is an eternal marriage that will exist in heaven?

Billyray

Again--I'll leave that for you to decide. The Bible teaches eternal marriage in heaven:
    But you are the one who brought this up, don't you know the answer?

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post---Again--I'll leave that for you to decide. The Bible teaches eternal marriage in heaven:

Could you tell us if that is an eternal marriage that will exist in heaven?
    But you are the one who brought this up, don't you know the answer?
    The answer is---eternal marriage in heaven is taught in the Bible.

Billyray

RealFakeHair

Man, that must be some kind of Kool-aid you folks drink over at your local Ward. No dberrie, the Holy Bible doesn't teach eternal marriage between a man and his wife, or in the case of your prophets, and their wives.
    Keep at it though, it just goes to show LDSinc. Is in fact a cult.

nrajeffreturns

If you believe that God isn't willing and able to keep married people married even after they die, then "you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God."