Thread: A "what if" question for critics.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    Moroni 10
    3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
    4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
    5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Can you give me some possibilities of why I did not receive an answer based on the promise above?
    Sure.

1) You did receive answers, but in the loss of your testimony you have also lost that ***urance and are now left to deny what you once had.

2) You did not have the sincerity you thought you had.

3) You received an answer but you did not recognize it as the answer.

4) You expected an answer on your timeline instead of waiting on God's timeline.

Now will you tall me why it is that I did receive a fulfillment of the promise?
    Last edited by Sir; 10-17-2010 at 11:18 AM.